Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

areno79

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me where we’d pick up an Amazon PrimeNow order? I downloaded the app and this seems like a great option for breakfast and drinks. I’m just confused if there’s any fees involved, either on Amazon’s or Disney’s end.
I've used it at other Disney resorts, and they delivered to Bell Services. I'm sure it would be the same for BC/YC :)

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
I will be checking-in to the BC in about 48 hours and plan on purchasing a small case of Dasani. I will report back what I find!
Can you please report back if they are doing the Easter baskets in the gift shop this year? Also if they have any Easter activities posted. Thank you!

shoreward

DIS Veteran

• FREE Disney World Dining Plan for Kids with 3-Night Stay + Ticket Package
    You can get a FREE dining plan for your kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day package for you and your kid(s) that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel, theme park tickets and a dining plan. Valid for arrivals most nights from January 1 – March 7, 2020 when you book through January 1, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Easter Egg display at the Beach Club:

Oh my gosh, that is great! Anyone know if t hey have ever done something like that before? Or how long it will stay up? I have been wanting to see the display at GF & now I want to see this too. We don' arrive til the 14th, so 2 weeks after Easter. :guilty:

I might have to plan next year's trip closer to Easter & brave the crowds!

Mainemama

DIS Veteran
    We're returning! I snatched a garden view room at Yacht Club that was not initially showing up as a room Category available in the summer discount. I find it strange that Yacht Club rooms remain cheaper than Beach Club for same view categories after the refurb. We are booked 7/7-11, at the end of a trip that starts at Coronado Springs and includes time on the Gulf. Of course, you all know what the highlight of the trip will be! Storm-a-long Bay! Last July, we stayed in a refurbed room (with plastic still covering some closet parts, so pretty sure we were the first guests), with rooms in close proximity to those still under construction. I am looking forward to having access to all the doors, hallways, and still have the lovely new room. (Although I will miss the carpeted floors.)

zillayen

Earning My Ears
    I've used it at other Disney resorts, and they delivered to Bell Services. I'm sure it would be the same for BC/YC :)
    Yes, they deliver to Bell Services. I got an email that it had been delivered and when we got back to the hotel I had the bell desk bring it to the room. They didn't automatically bring it up like I had heard they would, so some of the cold stuff was warming up.

• OneinThree

DIS Veteran
    I find it strange that Yacht Club rooms remain cheaper than Beach Club for same view categories after the refurb.
    I don't know this first hand, but I saw a report from another forum regarding guests who have stayed at YC recently where the dogs are becoming an issue. Our YC stay was in December (dog program had just taken effect) and we didn't run into any problems ourselves. Evidently, there are more of them now and Disney is supposedly doing a poor job of enforcing the policies designed to prevent them from disturbing others guests' vacation. YMMV.

Mainemama

DIS Veteran
    I don't know this first hand, but I saw a report from another forum regarding guests who have stayed at YC recently where the dogs are becoming an issue. Our YC stay was in December (dog program had just taken effect) and we didn't run into any problems ourselves. Evidently, there are more of them now and Disney is supposedly doing a poor job of enforcing the policies designed to prevent them from disturbing others guests' vacation. YMMV.
    Hmm. That is unpleasant to hear. My DH has strong allergies to dog fur. He would be fine walking near them, but not in a room that a dog had stayed in. I also just don't like dogs. (Sorry to pet lovers.) my kids on the other hand would love sharing a hotel with dogs. Has anyone with allergies had a stay on Yacht Club side that could advise?

OneinThree

DIS Veteran
    Hmm. That is unpleasant to hear. My DH has strong allergies to dog fur. He would be fine walking near them, but not in a room that a dog had stayed in. I also just don't like dogs. (Sorry to pet lovers.) my kids on the other hand would love sharing a hotel with dogs. Has anyone with allergies had a stay on Yacht Club side that could advise?
    Actually, I happen to have a severe allergy to dogs. We booked YC just before the "great dog experiment". As soon as I found out, I called and voiced my concerns at which point I was told I would get a "pet free" room. It was really a non-issue as I said above, because I think the vast majority of people who stayed there when I did had already made plans prior to the policy change. Come to find out however, there's no such thing as a "pet-free" room. There's a very good thread on this board regarding the lack of consistency with the policies regarding dogs. I really wasn't enamored with the feel of YC anyway, but wouldn't even consider it now given the dog thing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/help-us-gather-information-on-disneys-policies-on-dogs-at-resorts.3641677/

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1177-1179

If we stay at beach club villas standard view is there a good room or block of rooms to request?
    :welcome: to the thread!

I'll leave the other BCV experts to answer your question about room request suggestions.

Let us know if you book a stay here.

:goodvibes

They had gallon bottles of water at the BC Marketplace when we were there in January. There weren't any prices on them.

The best water comes out of the Freestyle machines. Just hit the water button and filtered, chilled water comes out. It is a lot tastier than bottled water. :) And it is good for the environment to use refillable bottles rather than plastic disposable bottles.

That is my speech for the day. :) I can't believe how many cases of water I see delivered to these resorts every time we are there.
    My New Years resolution is to minimize the single-use plastic and styrofoam I use. I ordered silicone and stainless steel straws so I can skip the single-use plastic ones. As my Disney traveling companions know, I bring along my own take out containers for leftovers. And hooray for reusable bottles!

*stepping down from my (phosphate-free) soap box now*

::yes::

I do agree with you! I work in a grocery at a ski resort in Colorado right at the source of our water and people do not know what they’ll do when we run out of the cases of water (which BTW we charge $15 for). I suggest the clean tasty tap water but they cringe. I wonder how many bottles go to waste not even being drank.....
    :thumbsup2

Hi all! Can you request a full balcony room as one of the online check in request options? If not, what is the best way to make this request?

Do you have a trip to the Beach Club booked?

I am not sure if a full balcony is included in the online checkin currently or not- the selections change, often, and don't always make sense!

The best way to communicate what you would like ("Full Balcony, please") is to phone in your request to Disney's Central Reservations Office. The phone number is posted on the first page of this thread, Post 13, I believe or you can search for it. If your reservation was made through a travel agency, they will have to give the request to Disney since they own your reservation.

Hello- could you please add me to the Be Our Guest List?

YC July 15-17

We are stopping by for a couple days on the way back from a wedding and to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We really wanted to stay at the BC, but the discount at the YC was so much better that we couldn't resist.
    Will do!

Congrats on your milestone anniversary!

:cool1:

We're returning! I snatched a garden view room at Yacht Club that was not initially showing up as a room Category available in the summer discount. I find it strange that Yacht Club rooms remain cheaper than Beach Club for same view categories after the refurb. We are booked 7/7-11, at the end of a trip that starts at Coronado Springs and includes time on the Gulf. Of course, you all know what the highlight of the trip will be! Storm-a-long Bay! Last July, we stayed in a refurbed room (with plastic still covering some closet parts, so pretty sure we were the first guests), with rooms in close proximity to those still under construction. I am looking forward to having access to all the doors, hallways, and still have the lovely new room. (Although I will miss the carpeted floors.)
    :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

Shortly before your trip contact the resort to request a VIP cleaning of your room due to your husband's fur allergy.

I am not sure exactly how to do that- does anyone know???

My guess is call the number I have for posted for the resort (I think in the Yacht Club post, Page 1, Post 9) and go from there. As far as I know, there is no charge for this service and even if there is, it should be waived in your situation.

:dogdance:

delgrec

Mouseketeer
    Page 1177-1179

I am not sure if a full balcony is included in the online checkin currently or not- the selections change, often, and don't always make sense!

The best way to communicate what you would like ("Full Balcony, please") is to phone in your request to Disney's Central Reservations Office. The phone number is posted on the first page of this thread, Post 13, I believe or you can search for it. If your reservation was made through a travel agency, they will have to give the request to Disney since they own your reservation.

Thank you! No, not booked yet. Thinking about options for August 2019 and pretty sure we nailed it down to a split stay between BC or YC and CR.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Page 1177-1179

The current online room requests for the BC are:
    • Large Balcony
    • Ground Floor
    • Highest Floor
    • Upper Floor
    • Lower Floor

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
    Page 1177-1179

I'll leave the other BCV experts to answer your question about room request suggestions.

Let us know if you book a stay here.

My New Years resolution is to minimize the single-use plastic and styrofoam I use. I ordered silicone and stainless steel straws so I can skip the single-use plastic ones. As my Disney traveling companions know, I bring along my own take out containers for leftovers. And hooray for reusable bottles!

*stepping down from my (phosphate-free) soap box now*

::yes::

:thumbsup2

Will do!

Congrats on your milestone anniversary!

:cool1:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

Shortly before your trip contact the resort to request a VIP cleaning of your room due to your husband's fur allergy.

I am not sure exactly how to do that- does anyone know???

My guess is call the number I have for posted for the resort (I think in the Yacht Club post, Page 1, Post 9) and go from there. As far as I know, there is no charge for this service and even if there is, it should be waived in your situation.

We’re looking at the villas for the princess half but won’t know for sure until sometime this week. So excited to try renting for the first time! We typically budget everything but are wanting to splurge a bit this trip.

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    We’re going back!! Did a BC CL stay for a week for F&W and we’re returning this year for a split stay BC/Poly! You just can’t beat BC for Epcot and we adored F&W!!

Our dates are Nov 6-9 w00t!!

Looking for input: one of things I liked about CL was easy, fast breakfast and the espresso machine but this time we’re just doing a standard room. We’re doing Epcot each day so I’m thinking we just start at the French bakery for breakfast & espresso fixes. My concern is what if we’re awake before park opening? Are there alternative places to get a decent latte early in the morning in the area?

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We’re going back!! Did a BC CL stay for a week for F&W and we’re returning this year for a split stay BC/Poly! You just can’t beat BC for Epcot and we adored F&W!!

Our dates are Nov 6-9 w00t!!

Looking for input: one of things I liked about CL was easy, fast breakfast and the espresso machine but this time we’re just doing a standard room. We’re doing Epcot each day so I’m thinking we just start at the French bakery for breakfast & espresso fixes. My concern is what if we’re awake before park opening? Are there alternative places to get a decent latte early in the morning in the area?

I'll add you to the list.

As much as I love coffee (I LOVE COFFEE), I only drink it hot & black or iced, so I have never paid much attention to the availability of specialty coffees.

Hey, my early morning friends. Where do you get your espresso fixes? Is there anything at the BC Marketplace or The Market at Ale & Compass.

I 'spose I could look at the menu listings there... but first-hand knowledge would be preferred.

Last edited:

konagal

Mouseketeer
    Hello we are getting ready for our first trip to The Beach Club! Thank you for all this information. We travel in July this year.

I have a question. At check in : Grandchildren are traveling with us, teenagers 16 and 17 and then one who turns 18 the day we fly out! Do we need some tyoe of ID for them if our name is different than theirs?

Trying to get prepared.

10CJ

DIS Veteran
    I am excited about the Easter Egg display! Is anyone there now? Have they posted Easter activities for the resort yet?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS