Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
Hi all! Can you post our upcoming stay on the Be Our Guest list? Haven't stayed at BC in a couple of years (we've been at BWI the last two or three times) so looking forward to getting reaquainted with the resort. We'll be there from 11/27-12/2.

RachelTori

Missing my tags :'(
Awesome! I’d love it if my DD does the college program when she gets a little older :D
My DD was 15 or 16 when a dinner at Biergarten changed her future! We were seated with a lovely family, the son was (and is) a manager at WDW! He talked to my DD about the College Program and I think right then and there she knew she wanted to do it!

She’s a full time CM who is close to completing her degree in psychology and sociology. Disney may not be her lifelong career, but it is a wonderful experience she wouldn’t trade for anything!

• MrsPMcD

Mouseketeer
    We officially booked a room for June 21-24 at Yacht Club, garden view! Super excited to check out this resort, especially Stormalong Bay.

And on that note if anyone has any garden view room recommendations I'd appreciate them!
    Oh wow lucky you - enjoy! I would definitely ask for a 'gazebo view' That's what I had requested for our last trip, if you get it facing towards Epcot you pretty much get a Lagoon View too. in the end we ended up getting upgraded to a proper Lagoon View room but if you look at my pics of our view (link in footer below) our view is only 3 doors up from a 'gazebo' garden view. Have a wonderful time!!

MrsPMcD

Mouseketeer
    I actually loved staying at the convention hotel because there was hardly ever anyone else at the bus stop in the morning! Maybe 1-3 other families besides us. Then we'd pull up to the BC bus stop and it was yards and yards of people and strollers fighting to get on while we sat in our seats!
    Even when we stay at the BC we walk to the YC bus because of this!! We sit up at the back to avoid the already stressed out people getting on. However last time we were at the YC there was a MASSIVE convention and they were a bit annoying, does kill your vacation buzz travelling down to the lobby with a stressed out exec checking their phone all the time. We also got weird looks from them on our way to MNSSHP with our Disneybound costumes and ears but we just laughed that they didn't realise that THEY were the odd ones out! Lose the lanyard and grab some ears - you're at Disney!!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1174

Yep...we're doing a split stay...Dec 20-23 at WL and then Dec 23-27 in the suite at the BC. :)
    Got it!

:goodvibes

Dee, you're so funny..the creepy adults without kids on the Pirate cruise! LOL

We're doing the Eastern on the Fantasy again (although last year it got changed to Western) Fingers crossed this hurricane season is better than last year!!!
    Last year we got off and you got on!
    Funny, but very awkward!

Yes, hoping the coming fall has a quieter weather pattern.

::yes::

We are staying at Beach Club with my in-laws in May. We have a 1.5 year old and have a Pool Lagoon view room with Meal Plan. I think I may want to switch to a one bedroom suite because of naps, bed time, etc. Does anyone know how much more this will cost? Our in-laws have paid for the trip, but I'd like to pay for the upgrade. I'm very excited to use the Dining Plan for the first time! Any help you could provide would be appreciated, Thank you!!
    :welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

As others have said, we aren't able to answer the question about what the cost difference would be for the upgrade because it will be based on a lot of factors specific to your situation. Your best bet is to call the Central Reservations Office to ask for a quote and to see if there are any discounts available for the time of your stay.

With the suite (I assume at the resort, not the villas), you would get club level access, which would provide a light breakfast and other food/snacks/drinks throughout the day. It is a nice perk, although with the Dining Plan, you will find that you have an abundance of food.

I would suggest that you request a room with a full balcony as that will give a little extra room and a place for some of the adults to go during naptime.

:thumbsup2

Hi

Looking for some advice.

We are looking to book for summer 19 in a few weeks when UK free dining is released. We have stayed at the YC a few years ago and loved it but thinking of booking the BC, garden view, this time. I've read some negative comments about soundproofing issues at the YC due to the wooden floor and Dh has allergies so a little concerned with the dogs in rooms.
    Is the only negative of the beach club the potential of a standing balcony? We could live with this if we had a nice garden rather than woods view.

With the refurbs is it still just a matter of taste or are the rooms at one resort superior now? It is looking like both resorts will be the same price.

Thanks for any advice.
    For me, the balcony size is the main downsize. Cost may be another factor- similar rooms may be available at different prices at the two resorts.

Here are the differences between the two resorts (posted on Page 1, Post 1) to consider.

ETA: I will update the listing below to indicate that the buses generally pick up and drop off at YC first. I guess that is another plus for the YC- sometimes the buses are full when they get to the BC at busy times.

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club- club level lounge renovated in 2014, room renovations completed in August 2015
    Lighter, beachy decor in lobby and rooms
    Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
    Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop/Quick Serve Dining
    Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.
    Room attribues include carpets on floor, ceiling fans, Cuisinart Pod Coffee Makers

Yacht Club- renovations to club level lounge started October 2015, room renovations completed in June 2017
    Darker woods and nautical decor in lobby and rooms
    Lobby is more serene
    Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
    Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
    Most rooms have a full balcony
    Room attributes include wood floors, lots of storage units, Keurig coffee makers. No ceiling fans in rooms following the rehab.

* Starting in October 2017, pet dogs are now being welcomed in guest rooms at the Yacht Club resort. Additional information posted at the beginning of this post.

Want more details about the differences between the two resorts? Check out this awesome blog post (November 2011) from The World of Deej:
    The World of Deej: BC vs. YC

Pixarmom's comparison of BC and YC

Thank you! DH and I will be there 9/17-9/22, and staying at POP from 9/13-9/17. It'll be our first split stay and our first stay at a Deluxe. We're excited!
    Excellent! Let us know if you have any questions.

:cool2:

So excited to be back at Beach Club Villas for another January stay!! We'll be at BCV from Jan. 10-15!
    :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Purchasing water in Beach Club Marketplace and Yacht Club Market at Ale & Compass

Mission for someone there now (or soon)-

What is available for bottled water (cases of water bottles and gallons of water) in the resort gift shops for Yacht & Beach.

This is the info I have based on the latest reports (as of this summer)

Reports as of August 2017, the large cases of water are no longer available in the resort gift shops. Smaller quantities are still sold:
    $3.99 for an 8 pack of 12 oz. bottles

Jan 2016: Case of 24 12 oz. bottles Dasani Water: $6.39

• Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Purchasing water in Beach Club Marketplace and Yacht Club Market at Ale & Compass

What is available for bottled water (cases of water bottles and gallons of water) in the resort gift shops for Yacht & Beach.

Reports as of August 2017, the large cases of water are no longer available in the resort gift shops. Smaller quantities are still sold:

I've tried to ask a few times in the past when I was just gathering information and not actually purchasing. The cast members could never give me an exact answer. They always said, "It costs about..." And there was never a sign on the shelf indicating a price. Hopefully someone will have better luck than I did.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1175-1177

Hi all! Happy to say we'll be heading back to Yacht Club August 30 - September 3, if you could add us to the Be Our Guest list. I'm going HOME!! :)

Will do!

:dogdance:

I've asked that here before, and it's been difficult to nail down why. My first stay at either resort was YC this past December. It was really nice, but not what I would consider "Disney magic" if you will. We stayed at WL a few weeks ago now, and were just completely taken with the place, in contrast. When I watch this thread, it seems as though people are way higher on BC for whatever reason. My wife and I have booked a September trip to BC based a lot on the enthusiasm for that resort. We're hoping it doesn't feel quite as "convention center", and more like Disney.

EDIT: Our BC stay is 9/10 through 9/16 btw, for "Be our Guest" purposes! :)
    Got it.

:goodvibes

Hi! My DD and I will be staying YC CL May 22-23. We are celebrating her Sweet 16 princess:
    :welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:bday:

Hi all! Can you post our upcoming stay on the Be Our Guest list? Haven't stayed at BC in a couple of years (we've been at BWI the last two or three times) so looking forward to getting reaquainted with the resort. We'll be there from 11/27-12/2.

Of course!

:woohoo:

We officially booked a room for June 21-24 at Yacht Club, garden view! Super excited to check out this resort, especially Stormalong Bay.

And on that note if anyone has any garden view room recommendations I'd appreciate them!
    I'll add you to the list and second the suggestion for "wedding gazebo view"

:cool1:

I've tried to ask a few times in the past when I was just gathering information and not actually purchasing. The cast members could never give me an exact answer. They always said, "It costs about..." And there was never a sign on the shelf indicating a price. Hopefully someone will have better luck than I did.
    Yeah, I wish the prices were clearly marked or that the CMs were more helpful when asked. Sheesh, it is a legitimate question!

::yes::

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
    If we stay at beach club villas standard view is there a good room or block of rooms to request?

• PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    If we stay at beach club villas standard view is there a good room or block of rooms to request?
    There are no "standard view" rooms at the villas. The views are not the best, and are limited to what are called pool view or woods view. Higher floors on the woods view side may get a glimpse of the higher Illuminations fireworks and pool view is of the Dunes Cove pool. Here's a pool view room we had a few years back [Studio 516]. I have higher floor room views if you want to see those.

Haley R

There are no "standard view" rooms at the villas. The views are not the best, and are limited to what are called pool view or woods view. Higher floors on the woods view side may get a glimpse of the higher Illuminations fireworks and pool view is of the Dunes Cove pool. Here's a pool view room we had a few years back [Studio 516]. I have higher floor room views if you want to see those.

Okay thanks. The woman I’m speaking with about renting dvc quoted us with a standard view at beach club. I’ll double check my email but I’m pretty sure that’s what she said. Do you have a studio location that you prefer?

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran

They had gallon bottles of water at the BC Marketplace when we were there in January. There weren't any prices on them.

The best water comes out of the Freestyle machines. Just hit the water button and filtered, chilled water comes out. It is a lot tastier than bottled water. :) And it is good for the environment to use refillable bottles rather than plastic disposable bottles.

That is my speech for the day. :) I can't believe how many cases of water I see delivered to these resorts every time we are there.

areno79

DIS Veteran
    They had gallon bottles of water at the BC Marketplace when we were there in January. There weren't any prices on them.

The best water comes out of the Freestyle machines. Just hit the water button and filtered, chilled water comes out. It is a lot tastier than bottled water. :) And it is good for the environment to use refillable bottles rather than plastic disposable bottles.

That is my speech for the day. :) I can't believe how many cases of water I see delivered to these resorts every time we are there.
    Do they have the Freestyle machines in the parks, or just at the resort? I prefer to use a travel water bottle with a filter to stay hydrated, but DH hates the warm water fountains in the park and is okay with spending $20 a day for cold bottled water. :sad2:

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Do they have the Freestyle machines in the parks, or just at the resort? I prefer to use a travel water bottle with a filter to stay hydrated, but DH hates the warm water fountains in the park and is okay with spending $20 a day for cold bottled water. :sad2:
    I have only seen the Freestyle machines at the resorts. The regular beverage dispensers usually have filtered water, too. The food court in Epcot in the Land building has chilled, filtered water at its beverage dispenser. Otherwise, you can ask for a cup of ice water at counter service places in the parks and they will give it to you for free. :) It is a little known secret that you can get free water from them and not have to pay for a bottle of Dasani. ;)

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Okay thanks. The woman I’m speaking with about renting dvc quoted us with a standard view at beach club. I’ll double check my email but I’m pretty sure that’s what she said. Do you have a studio location that you prefer?
    There are Standard View rooms at the Beach Club Resort. As @PCFriar80 stated ther are NOT Standard View Villas at the Beach Club Villas. Clarify with the person you are negotiating with. That is a red flag to me. She can not rent you a Standard View Villa

areno79

DIS Veteran
    I have only seen the Freestyle machines at the resorts. The regular beverage dispensers usually have filtered water, too. The food court in Epcot in the Land building has chilled, filtered water at its beverage dispenser. Otherwise, you can ask for a cup of ice water at counter service places in the parks and they will give it to you for free. :) It is a little known secret that you can get free water from them and not have to pay for a bottle of Dasani. ;)
    Thanks. I was aware you could get ice water from QS locations, but I think DH is underestimating how much water he'll need to drink to stay hydrated in September weather and doesn't want to bother with a water bottle.

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper

I do agree with you! I work in a grocery at a ski resort in Colorado right at the source of our water and people do not know what they’ll do when we run out of the cases of water (which BTW we charge $15 for). I suggest the clean tasty tap water but they cringe. I wonder how many bottles go to waste not even being drank.....

Haley R

There are Standard View rooms at the Beach Club Resort. As @PCFriar80 stated ther are NOT Standard View Villas at the Beach Club Villas. Clarify with the person you are negotiating with. That is a red flag to me. She can not rent you a Standard View Villa
    Idk if I can mention the company on here so all I’ll say is it’s a very well known rental agency. I’ll email her and ask her to clarify.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS