Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Crazyhorse

DIS Veteran
What makes the BWI club level so much better than the YC? I am staying at the YC for the first time this September and have never stayed at BWI. We were debating on which one to stay at but ultimately decided on YC because of the pool. Thanks
Great question. First, BWI club level has beer stocked in the fridge, v.s. having to ask for it at YC. Same for wine. They have small bottles of water to take to the parks, not the case at the YC. Nothing compares to a chef whipping up evening apps, but the ventilation isn't the best so it can get smoky in the club room. Granted, you don't have the cool pool at BWI, but we're old and I no longer should sit in the sun so the "normal" pool at BWI is fine with us. The trade off might be mitigated by the awesome rehabbed YC rooms; you've seen enough already...the BWI still has old carpeting and smelly shower curtains. It's all in what you want to trade off. All in all, the BWI club amenities outweigh that of the YC. Try both!

Last edited:

pinn1905

Earning My Ears
Great question. First, BWI club level has beer stocked in the fridge, v.s. having to ask for it at YC. Same for wine. They have small bottles of water to take to the parks, not the case at the YC. Nothing compares to a chef whipping up evening apps, but the ventilation isn't the best so it can get smoky in the club room. Granted, you don't have the cool pool at BWI, but we're old and I no longer should sit in the sun so the "normal" pool at BWI is fine with us. The trade off might be mitigated by the awesome rehabbed YC rooms; you've seen enough already...the BWI still has old carpeting and smelly shower curtains. It's all in what you want to trade off. All in all, the BWI club amenities out way that of the YC. Try both!
Thank you so much for the detailed reply!! We have young kids so the pool is top priority to them lol and ultimately why we chose YC, well the pool and the new rooms!!

Amy M

DIS Veteran
Overnight parking fees are coming, to be charged on vehicles parking overnight at resorts. There will be exemptions for DVC members staying on points. No mention is made for passholder exemption, nor of starting date for new charge.

Valet parking fees are also being increased.

https://*****.com/2018/03/breaking-walt-disney-world-will-begin-charging-resort-guests-for-overnight-parking/

Details: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
I saw this today. I find this to be ridiculous!

• FREE Disney World Dining Plan for Kids with 3-Night Stay + Ticket Package
    You can get a FREE dining plan for your kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day package for you and your kid(s) that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel, theme park tickets and a dining plan. Valid for arrivals most nights from January 1 – March 7, 2020 when you book through January 1, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• gometros

<font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an
    I saw this today. I find this to be ridiculous!
    I understand all the area hotels charge for parking and that perhaps Disney wants to discourage renting so that guests don't travel offsite.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Someone on the main resorts board asked about Yacht Club pillows.

I apologize if this was covered, but I can't seem to find in a search. Does anyone know where you can purchase the bed pillows used at the Yacht Club? We always stay club level at Yacht & Beach resorts and the last time we stayed at Yacht was after the rooms were renovated. The mattress and pillows were excellent. I know where you can purchase the mattresses from Simmons hospitality online... but can't find what kind of pillows they were. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Are they the same ones that the Beach Club has?

Pillows and Blankets, 2017

Pillows: Sobella soft, Sahara Nights firm

Sobellux Velour Blankets

:cat:

twocat

80 miles door-to-door to Disney.
    I understand all the area hotels charge for parking and that perhaps Disney wants to discourage renting so that guests don't travel offsite.
    Well that's pretty flipping stupid on their part.
    If anything, this will cause me to stay offsite where my $400 per night will go much further. And there are some very, very nice resorts around Disney that are much cheaper per night.
    Yacht Club, Beach Club, GF, we may have to say goodbye. Swan and Dolphin are looking more attractive but not by much since they have a Resort Fee added.

Oh Disney why did you do this?

Amy M

DIS Veteran
    Well that's pretty flipping stupid on their part.
    If anything, this will cause me to stay offsite where my $400 per night will go much further. And there are some very, very nice resorts around Disney that are much cheaper per night.
    Yacht Club, Beach Club, GF, we may have to say goodbye. Swan and Dolphin are looking more attractive but not by much since they have a Resort Fee added.

Oh Disney why did you do this?
    You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

• eeyoreland

DIS Veteran
    Don’t know if anyone on this thread would know the answer to this, but I thought I would try here first. I have been doing some research on the fireworks cruise that leaves out of the yacht club to watch illuminations. Has anyone had any experience with that? If so, is it worth the money, or is it just as good to walk over by the international gateway and watch from there? This will be our first stay at BC, so I actually don’t even know if it is possible to watch from the international gateway either. I am looking into something special to do on our first night and this seemed like something to look into.
    We did this and very much enjoyed it. It was so cool being on the water! When we did ours, I happened to get in with a group doing it which helped lower the cost. I'd never done anything like that...meeting up with complete strangers LOL, but they were a great group and I still correspond with the woman who arranged it all.

• Amy M

DIS Veteran
    We did this and very much enjoyed it. It was so cool being on the water! When we did ours, I happened to get in with a group doing it which helped lower the cost. I'd never done anything like that...meeting up with complete strangers LOL, but they were a great group and I still correspond with the woman who arranged it all.
    Called yesterday and they only have one boat that holds 10 people available for the date I am interested in. We have 15 people in my group, so now I don’t know what to do. I need to talk to my group and find out if they really are interested. Maybe only 10 people would want to go anyway. If it works out that my family of 4 are the only ones interested, a dessert party may be a better option. Decisions, decisions!

Farro

What the heck am I always smiling about?
    Hi all! :)

May I ask - is Yacht Club more expensive than the Beach Club since refurb? Or are their rates usually about the same?

When was Beach Club's last refurb?

Thanks!

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Has the Easter activities been posted yet?
    Around the 1st of each month, Dee usually posts the activities calendar for the YC/BC. You can check back on this thread, around that time.

Otherwise, here is what was on the Easter schedule last year.

MemphisVanessa

Point me towards Animal Kingdom!
    There is an interesting recent update on overnight parking fees at Disney resorts, announced by Disney, yesterday. This is what now appears on the Disney parking info page:
    I'm seeing the same thing when I search it. Are they walking the new fees back?

Amanda999

DIS Veteran
    There is an interesting recent update on overnight parking fees at Disney resorts, announced by Disney, yesterday. This is what now appears on the Disney parking info page:
    Maybe they were just fixing up the wording or something - I still see the new resort overnight fees (just looked again) - go to the resort (I chose Poly), then choose "Amenities" tab, scroll down to "parking & transportation," click on the "read more." (Whew! What average person is going to go all that? When you book at Sheraton etc., they tell you the parking fee right when you choose a room.)
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/polynesian-resort/services-amenities/

"Self-Parking
    Effective for new reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee of $24 per night. All parking fees include applicable tax."

ETA: When you go to BC's amenities tab, the parking fee is there - no need to click on yet another 'read more' link.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/beach-club-resort/services-amenities/

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS