Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Amy M

DIS Veteran
There are a couple of descriptions/reviews from guests who have done the Illuminations cruise on Page 1, Post 5 of this thread (look for the Marina info to find the links).

Simple snacks are provided as part of the price of the cruise. You can bring aboard food for the show if you wish.

I will often watch the show from the bridge between UK/France- unless it is a super-busy time of year, I have been able to watch from there without having to grab a space far in advance. I love this location, because it is super quick to get back to the Yacht & Beach after the show ends. I believe this is essentially the same view as the Illuminations cruise boat passengers have.

I haven't done the cruise, or watched Illuminations from the IG. Are you talking about entering the park, or watching without going in? I have watched the fireworks from the bridge between BC and BW. You can see some comments/suggestions about seeing the fireworks from the resort on Page 1, Post 13, I believe.

:sail:
Thanks for the info. I will definitely check out those posts. The night I was thinking about doing the cruise, we wouldn’t be entering the park. I was thinking about doing this on our arrival day when we aren’t planning to use a park ticket.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Question on toiletries- a recent guest staying club level had sunscreen as part of the toiletries provided. Can someone who is there now or was there in the past week report on what the standard rooms have for offerings?

Thanks!

:goodvibes

• adizzle819

Mouseketeer
    Question on toiletries- a recent guest staying club level had sunscreen as part of the toiletries provided. Can someone who is there now or was there in the past week report on what the standard rooms have for offerings?

Thanks!

We just returned Saturday from a standard room and when we checked in, there was soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, aloe, mouthwash, and a small box with q-tips, etc in. They replaced the lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and soap daily, but not the aloe. We also left a $5 tip each day, so maybe that's why they got replaced?

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We just returned Saturday from a standard club level room and when we checked in, there was soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, aloe, mouthwash, and a small box with q-tips, etc in. They replaced the lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and soap daily, but not the aloe. We also left a $5 tip each day, so maybe that's why they got replaced?
    Thanks for your reply, and :welcome: to posting on this thread!

• goofynut41

Disney Veteran
    I have very short hair so I'm probably not the best to answer since I can dry my hair in 30 seconds LOL. That said, they did seem pretty powerful to me.
    Good cause mine is too short fine and thin, but I need some power to blow it up.. lol

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
    Also can you request a fan in your room?:flower1:
    Yes, we were there last week and I requested a box fan for our room. I called in the morning (after our first night) and requested it when I also requested service before 1:00 pm. I asked whether we needed to be there for it to be delivered and was told we did not -- just make sure the "room occupied" tag was not on the door. When DH and I came back to our room around 1:30 for a little break, the room was serviced and the fan was there. I don't know how many fans they have, but we got one!

Hi Pluto

"Hi Pluto, bye Pluto, missing you already Pluto!"
    Only 1 week until I drag a group of 49 students, teachers, parents, and teachers' children on the ultimate school field trip for Disney's Youth Education Series and Festival Disney! ... all inspired by our very own Dee. :yay:

Of course, we're staying at Pop and not BC, but I've added two extra nights at CSR for me and my DS(8) to stay behind after the rest of the group goes back home. I'll need time to recover from the the mass craziness of 5 jam-packed days! During that time, I have two reservations at Cape May (one for dinner, one for breakfast) because we just can't stay away from BC for very long.

I'm so very excited to share Disney with my school family. The majority of them have never been to WDW, and some have never been on any kind of vacation, so this will be extra super special. Also super excited to go back "home" at BC, even if it's just for a couple of visits. :goodvibes

~Cari~ pluto:

P.S. Lever 2000 aloe & cucumber... try it and let me know if you smell a little "Beach Club" too

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Only 1 week until I drag a group of 49 students, teachers, parents, and teachers' children on the ultimate school field trip for Disney's Youth Education Series and Festival Disney! ... all inspired by our very own Dee. :yay:

Of course, we're staying at Pop and not BC, but I've added two extra nights at CSR for me and my DS(8) to stay behind after the rest of the group goes back home. I'll need time to recover from the the mass craziness of 5 jam-packed days! During that time, I have two reservations at Cape May (one for dinner, one for breakfast) because we just can't stay away from BC for very long.

I'm so very excited to share Disney with my school family. The majority of them have never been to WDW, and some have never been on any kind of vacation, so this will be extra super special. Also super excited to go back "home" at BC, even if it's just for a couple of visits. :goodvibes

~Cari~ pluto:

P.S. Lever 2000 aloe & cucumber... try it and let me know if you smell a little "Beach Club" too
    Wishing your group a fantastic trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

:woohoo:

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen

~Cari~ pluto:

I am using that soap right now and it’s does smell like our beloved BC :)

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    It will be the trip of a lifetime for some of those kids. They are lucky to have a teacher willing to do this for them. I hope everyone has a great time. :)

We can't seem to stay away from the Beach Club when we stay at other resorts. We usually stop by for a visit. ::yes::

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Last edited:

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
    Yes, we were there last week and I requested a box fan for our room. I called in the morning (after our first night) and requested it when I also requested service before 1:00 pm. I asked whether we needed to be there for it to be delivered and was told we did not -- just make sure the "room occupied" tag was not on the door. When DH and I came back to our room around 1:30 for a little break, the room was serviced and the fan was there. I don't know how many fans they have, but we got one!
    Thank You good to know

JennLTX

DIS Veteran

~Cari~ pluto:

Just had to chime in and say how awesome (if exhausting!) that sounds. Wishing you all the pixie dust WDW can send your way!!! :tinker:

pinn1905

Earning My Ears
    Honestly, we weren’t impressed. We found that this club level can’t begin to compare to that of the BWI club level.
    What makes the BWI club level so much better than the YC? I am staying at the YC for the first time this September and have never stayed at BWI. We were debating on which one to stay at but ultimately decided on YC because of the pool. Thanks

OneinThree

DIS Veteran
    What makes the BWI club level so much better than the YC? I am staying at the YC for the first time this September and have never stayed at BWI. We were debating on which one to stay at but ultimately decided on YC because of the pool. Thanks
    We were upgraded to CL at YC this past December and while it was nice to have the convenience, it's not something I would say is worth the premium. Although I've never CL at BWI, the consensus seems to be that it is a cut above almost all other resorts, save RPC @ the GF.

pinn1905

Earning My Ears
    We were upgraded to CL at YC this past December and while it was nice to have the convenience, it's not something I would say is worth the premium. Although I've never CL at BWI, the consensus seems to be that it is a cut above almost all other resorts, save RPC @ the GF.
    Thanks for your reply. We stayed club level at the poly and loved it! The Hawaii longhouse was the perfect location and size and everything was really convenient. I’m worried our expectations are too high for YC club lol.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS