Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
I am having a hard time deciding between a lagoon/pool view or a 1 bedroom villa at the beach club.

I'm trying to decide between the view or the extra space.

Has anyone stayed at beach club villas and was bummed about the view??? We enjoy sitting on the balcony.

Any insight appreicated it. Be 2 adults 1 2 year old
There are really no great views for the villas. You can get [request] a Dunes Cove Pool [quiet pool] view, but the other views are mostly woods views. Higher floors will get you some views of Illumination fireworks on the woods side. Here's the kicker.... All villas have full balconies. You may not get a full balcony with a BC room. 1BR Villas have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. So, if you want the extra space, balcony, some of the conveniences of home and can forfeit the view then the villas would be my choice. You'll have a great time either way.

Last edited:

gillep

DIS Veteran
I am having a hard time deciding between a lagoon/pool view or a 1 bedroom villa at the beach club.

I'm trying to decide between the view or the extra space.

Has anyone stayed at beach club villas and was bummed about the view??? We enjoy sitting on the balcony.

Any insight appreicated it. Be 2 adults 1 2 year old
Agree with the pp, love BCV but the resort is not known for the views. We had a terrible view our last time there, but it was still a fantastic trip and we still spent a bit of time out there laughing at our terrible view. Personally, even for just DH and I, I would choose a 1 bedroom every time if we had the points/money for it. We don't ever even really use the kitchen or w/d, but I love the space and layout of the 1 bedrooms vs a studio or regular hotel room.

• kandb

DIS Veteran
    We are doing a split stay in August YC and GF. 2 nights at YC. I wondered if anyone could give me an idea of activities at the resort? Or just a screenshot of what is being offered currently? There is already so much between the theme parks and the pool but I was curious.
    We are doing the same this August. Three nights at YC and then 4 nights at GF. We did the same thing last August and it was a great vacation. Best of both worlds.

• Amanda999

DIS Veteran
    For fun: Here's your chance to get Yacht Club furniture (pre-reno) at 20% off! :)

(Ebay has 20% off - restrictions apply -today 8am-8pm pacific time. Min $25 max $500 purchase. Use code PSPRING20. (I'm not the seller - just saw this and thought we'd enjoy. Probably restrictions and high freight shipping charges to watch for.) code link: https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Yacht day bed:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-Nautical-Theme-Day-Bed-with-Hidden-Mickey-Pillow-Prop/152769638622?hash=item2391c7b0de:g:OKIAAOSw1F1ZzsN5

And Yacht chair w/ottoman:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-Red-Anchor-Chair-With-Ottoman-Guest-Room-Prop-WDW/382229867517?_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=49918&meid=c8a1316db78a46cbaa5eef2971823890&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=152720036167&itm=382229867517&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982#shpCntId

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
    We returned from a 4 night stay at YC on Wednesday. It was great. I've always stayed at BW because that was my favorite resort, but I couldn't get an AP discount there, so I went with YC. I now have a new favorite resort! Originally we were assigned room 4171, but it was a king bed room and my DH and I really needed 2 beds. I called from that room and we were reassigned to room 3075. That turned out to be an upgrade from my woods/garden view to a water/lagoon view. We had a lovely view of Illuminations from our balcony. I really liked the hardwood floors, the bath/shower area, and all the terrific storage available through the dresser and closet space. It was spectacular compared to BW. I will try to post photos when I have more time over the weekend. Housekeeping was great. The room was quiet for the first two nights, then we had neighbors with little kids the next two nights. They were just typical noisy kids (who needed naps). I had requested a box fan to block noise and that solved our problem. We really enjoyed YC. I booked a bounce back for December.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    For fun: Here's your chance to get Yacht Club furniture (pre-reno) at 20% off! :)

(Ebay has 20% off - restrictions apply -today 8am-8pm pacific time. Min $25 max $500 purchase. Use code PSPRING20. (I'm not the seller - just saw this and thought we'd enjoy. Probably restrictions and high freight shipping charges to watch for.) code link: https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Yacht day bed:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-Nautical-Theme-Day-Bed-with-Hidden-Mickey-Pillow-Prop/152769638622?hash=item2391c7b0de:g:OKIAAOSw1F1ZzsN5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-Red-Anchor-Chair-With-Ottoman-Guest-Room-Prop-WDW/382229867517?_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=49918&meid=c8a1316db78a46cbaa5eef2971823890&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=152720036167&itm=382229867517&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982#shpCntId

Thanks for posting. I checked out the seller's other items. They also are selling a complete YC room for $1900! I love the YC, but not that much. :laughing:

pinn1905

Earning My Ears
    Does anyone have photos of the beach or yacht club deluxe rooms? I know they are considered club level rooms and are slightly larger than a std size room, just trying to figure out if the size difference is worth the extra money. Thanks!

• MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran

Yacht day bed:

Where did they get it all to begin with?

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Does anyone have photos of the beach or yacht club deluxe rooms? I know they are considered club level rooms and are slightly larger than a std size room, just trying to figure out if the size difference is worth the extra money. Thanks!
    :welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you have or will book at the Y&BC.

:cool1:

I have a link with some pictures of the Deluxe Rooms (as well as the suites) at YC & BC that previous guests have posted.

The last couple of pages of these threads have some pictures of renovated deluxe rooms.

pinn1905

Earning My Ears
    Thank you so much for the welcome and for the information! The deluxe room at the yacht club looks really spacious! I’ve never stayed at the yacht or beach club and am really excited to.

We booked a std club level room and I was trying to figure out if the size difference between std and deluxe is worth the extra money.
    However, I just realized I can’t book a deluxe because we will have 6 people(2adults, 3kids,1infant) and the max is 5. Which is crazy because the room is so much larger and would be better for us! We would actually be able to move around especially since we will have a portable crib.
    Thanks again for your help!

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you have or will book at the Y&BC.

:cool1:

I have a link with some pictures of the Deluxe Rooms (as well as the suites) at YC & BC that previous guests have posted.

The last couple of pages of these threads have some pictures of renovated deluxe rooms.

Last edited:

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
    Is there lots of places in the shade at SAB or umbrella chairs? I recently had skin cancer and need shade.:beach:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Is there lots of places in the shade at SAB or umbrella chairs? I recently had skin cancer and need shade.:beach:

There are some tables with umbrellas at SAB- most of them are over on the YC side, I believe. Not sure how quickly they are reserved.

One place inside the pool area that is covered is the gazebo-type thing near Hurricane Hanna's. You have to climb stairs and are not super-close to the pool, but it is shaded and there is usually available seating there. It's my super-secret place to go if I can't find empty chairs. During my last visit (Oct 2016), there was a pool table up there, too.

::yes::

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
    There are some tables with umbrellas at SAB- most of them are over on the YC side, I believe. Not sure how quickly they are reserved.

One place inside the pool area that is covered is the gazebo-type thing near Hurricane Hanna's. You have to climb stairs and are not super-close to the pool, but it is shaded and there is usually available seating there. It's my super-secret place to go if I can't find empty chairs. During my last visit (Oct 2016), there was a pool table up there, too.

::yes::
    I wish they would put out more umbrellas

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS