Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

• Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Are the rooms over the Cape May Cafe generally loud or avoided if possible?
    I'm confused. I thought you were staying Beach Club Villas, not Beach Club. Beach Club Villas rooms are nowhere near Cape May Cafe. Different building.

beastlyprince

Mouseketeer
    :welcome: back to the thread. Do you have an upcoming stay booked?

:goodvibes

:thumbsup2

From the "Other Useful Info" Post 14 on Page 1- here is an answer along with pictures of the journey

Are the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club connected?

No. Yes. Kind of...

There is a corridor that will take you from the BC lobby to the YC lobby. Some of it is inside, some of it is open to the outside, but the entire route is covered.

From the Yacht Club lobby, you walk inside until you reach Yachtsman's Steakhouse, then you have to exit. You walk outside on a covered walkway, past the hair salon, exercise room & Beaches & Cream. Then you go back inside into the Beach Club, on the far side of Cape May, around the hallway & into the BC lobby. You will be protected from rain, unless there is a real downpour with lots of wind.

In September 2014, Wood Nymph timed the walk from the YC lobby to the BC Marketplace: 5 minutes ETA: natebenma got the same results, 5 minutes, in August 2015.

Walk from Beach Club lobby to Yacht Club lobby

Thank you for the reply. Sadly, no trip any time soon.

• jpalasky

Mouseketeer
    Staying at Beach Club for the first time this year. Was considering upgrading our room to Club level. Anyone ever done this? Where are the rooms located? Did you like it? We've only stayed club level at GF and it rocked.
    We have stayed cl at BC and really enjoy it. The morning choices are great for breakfast, snacks out during the afternoon and hot apps/salads out through dinner time. Desserts are out late night. Beer, wine and soda are included. We also do not do the dining plan when we stay club level. This trip we are staying YC CL.

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
    :welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

All of the regular club level rooms are on the 5th floor of the Beach Club.

You may be aware that not all of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies- it is about 50% of non-club level rooms. Most, but not all of the BC Club Level rooms (closer to 75%) have a full balcony.

I enjoy staying club level, mostly for the quick, convenient breakfast offerings. The evening appetizers have really been stepped up from my first stays in 2009 and 2010, but we are not usually around the resort at that time of day.

Whether the switch to club level is worth it is a very subjective opinion. Page 1, Post 12 of this thread has more info on the club levels specific to the Beach and Yacht clubs.

:goodvibes
    Thank you! We're traveling in December.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's going to be the right fit for us. We're usually Boardwalk people but it's on my bucket list to try every hotel on property. So I'm branching out.

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
    We have stayed cl at BC and really enjoy it. The morning choices are great for breakfast, snacks out during the afternoon and hot apps/salads out through dinner time. Desserts are out late night. Beer, wine and soda are included. We also do not do the dining plan when we stay club level. This trip we are staying YC CL.
    I've only done the dining plan once when I traveled with friends. And never really thought we got our money's worth out of it. And when we've stayed club level in the past I know it's not worth the expense. I think I may sit on it for another week or so and then upgrade.

msdroz

DIS Veteran
    We just priced out club level for our stay and it's an extra $182 per day... when we have stayed in CL in the past we have certainly enjoyed it but never ate/drank 182 per day in food/beverage. If there is a sale we will jump at it, but for now we will take that extra money we saved and enjoy room service or some other special meal.

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Pic from room 3520 Facing Epcot last weekend View attachment 306896
    We had room 3520. I recognize the tall, skinny tree. ;)

Sounds like a great location! Was it lagoon/pool view? Full or juliet balcony? Daybed? :)
    Room 3520 is a woods view room which has a view of the woods, a very close view of the woods, but you can see Illuminations through the trees. These third floor rooms in this section have a full balcony. Room 3520 did not have a daybed. It was convenient to Epcot but a really long walk to the Marketplace, the lobby and buses. In fact, you can't get much further than these rooms.

Here is my post with pictures from the room view thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-7#post-57653262

Are the rooms over the Cape May Cafe generally loud or avoided if possible?
    We've had a standard view room over Cape May twice now. We didn't hear any noise from the restaurant. The only noise we heard was the pool party noise and it was fairly loud. The room itself was very quiet during non-pool party noises, though. We like the standard view rooms in this section that face the lagoon. They are also fairly close to the main elevators.

Last edited:

disneynanacat

Lovin' Disney Too!
    I've been pouring over this thread at all the updates since my last stay. Thanks for all the hard work that went into it! So helpful! I used to be DVC at BCV when it first opened but had to sell due to financial issues of my daughters at the time. I still get a lump in my throat when I think about it. Seriously. It breaks my heart. Anyway, I usually rent points now when we go but this is short notice by DVC standards so I booked a regular room. I first booked Yacht Club but wow, not really feeling the new renovation. Seems a bit cold and sterile. Just switched to Beach Club. I could've sworn BC wasn't offered on this promotion when I booked YC, but just happened to check again and it's there now?? Booked a pool/lagoon view. The only thing I'm worried about is the chance of not having a full balcony. What are the chances of getting a full balcony if I sent a faxed request? Oh, going from June 2nd - 8th!

jpalasky

Mouseketeer
    We just priced out club level for our stay and it's an extra $182 per day... when we have stayed in CL in the past we have certainly enjoyed it but never ate/drank 182 per day in food/beverage. If there is a sale we will jump at it, but for now we will take that extra money we saved and enjoy room service or some other special meal.
    You have to weigh it out to see what is a better fit. We are fortunate we are able to go on a cast members friends and family discount. It saves us a ton of money. Depending what discount they are offering. This coming trip I was able to get a YC CL room with lagoon/water view for about $350 a night for the week nights and $400 a night on the weekend. That is for 4 people in the room.

LMO429

DIS Veteran
    I am having a hard time deciding between a lagoon/pool view or a 1 bedroom villa at the beach club.

I'm trying to decide between the view or the extra space.

Has anyone stayed at beach club villas and was bummed about the view??? We enjoy sitting on the balcony.

Any insight appreicated it. Be 2 adults 1 2 year old

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES