Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
We just checked in today and didn’t receive any information about the water slides being closed until we went to go on them. I asked front desk when they will be open and she told me “several weeks” . Pretty bummed but making the most of it because we are the beach club for the first time on a family reunion. This place is beautiful !!!
Oh, what a bummer that the slide is closed. Glad it’s so beautiful there. I’m wondering if the slide will be open in time for our trip on March 20-27th? :( If not, I’ll have some disappointed kids. Wonder why they didn’t mention this closure in the upcoming WDW refurbishments?

shoreward

DIS Veteran
Oh, what a bummer that the slide is closed. Glad it’s so beautiful there. I’m wondering if the slide will be open in time for our trip on March 20-27th? :( If not, I’ll have some disappointed kids. Wonder why they didn’t mention this closure in the upcoming WDW refurbishments?
Last year, this was when slide refurbishment was performed:
January 30 – February 10, 2017
So, if they need the same period of time to perform the work, it looks good for being back in operation in a couple of weeks. Of course, it all depends on how much work needs to be done this year.

Hope this works out for you...it's too bad that guests were not notified in advance.

• ConnecticutNonna

DIS Veteran
    For all my DISboard family members in the North Eastern quadrant of the United States, I just want to say be safe out there, huddle in front of the fireplace with whomever or what ever you choose, and get ready for another good lesson from Mother Nature. At least she is showing some mercy on us folks in Southern Ohio by getting THE Ohio River back in its banks. Can't wait until Spring gets here.
    Katesdad
    Thank you!
    It was UGLY out there yesterday, but nowhere near as bad as some previous N'oreasters...

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
    Last year, this was when slide refurbishment was performed:
    January 30 – February 10, 2017
    So, if they need the same period of time to perform the work, it looks good for being back in operation in a couple of weeks. Of course, it all depends on how much work needs to be done this year.

Hope this works out for you...it's too bad that guests were not notified in advance.

Update: I just called WDW to ask about the Stormalong Bay slide closure/refurbishment and they, too, had no notice of any scheduled refurbishments at YC/BC. They placed me on hold and called Beach Club directly. Here is what they told me after speaking to Beach Club...
    The slide is, indeed, closed for an unforeseen refurbishment. The anticipated date of completion is March 11th. They said it could be 1-2 days before or after that date, but it is expected to reopen on March 11th. Thought I'd share this info with the BC/YC fans because the info comes directly from WDW & more specifically, Beach Club reps.

nat8199

DIS Veteran
    Not to diminish the disappointment, because I really DO get it, but that was some pretty awesome pixie dust as a consolation!!! :love:
    Yes! They totally helped us out. The two crying boys in birthday pins were probably the reason. With preparation, they are fine with things being closed (like pirates of the Caribbean) and they are fine with things suddenly being broken (like thunder, splash and goody all being down at opening today), but the news of rhe pirates slide being down all week was too much for them after a day of travel.

That being said, we have had an awesome showering of birthday pixie dust in just the 24 hours we have been here.

It has already been an awesome trip!

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
    Yes! They totally helped us out. The two crying boys in birthday pins were probably the reason. With preparation, they are fine with things being closed (like pirates of the Caribbean) and they are fine with things suddenly being broken (like thunder, splash and goody all being down at opening today), but the news of rhe pirates slide being down all week was too much for them after a day of travel.

That being said, we have had an awesome showering of birthday pixie dust in just the 24 hours we have been here.

It has already been an awesome trip!
    So glad the trip has been awesome so far & happy that some pixie dust brightened your boys’ birthday! :)

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    The worst stop from YC/BC, on the way to MCO, is almost always CBR. For some reason, the driver always needs to wait or search for CBR guests, who are booked on that motorcoach, but not there when the bus arrives.
    After staying at CBR this past December, I can see why. In order to get to the central lobby/ MDE pick up from the rooms, you have to wait for the internal shuttle or bell services to pick you up. It is challenging to get back & forth to the lobby from the guest rooms. The shuttle seems infrequent. We just wanted bell services to pick up & store our luggage til our car service pick us up in the evening. When I called bell services in the morning, they said they were so backed up we should just leave the luggage in the room & go to the park, they would pick it up when they could. In over 20 years of staying onsite, we have always had to be in the room when bell services came to pick up luggage. Things are really kind of organized chaos at CBR with all the construction.

Last edited:
  • Kellygain8704

Earning My Ears
    It's been a few years since we've visited, but countdown is currently at 48 days to our next arrival! When purchasing items in the parks, is there still an option to have them sent back to your room at your resort?

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    It's been a few years since we've visited, but countdown is currently at 48 days to our next arrival! When purchasing items in the parks, is there still an option to have them sent back to your room at your resort?
    Items are sent from the parks, Disney Springs, or other resort shops, to the BC Market Place or YC market, depending n which resort you are staying at. They usually arrive by afternoon of the day following purchase for you to pick up.
    Katesdad

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Pool Questions-

I'm going to try to keep up with posting the pool hours on Page 1- Can anyone let me know what the pool hours at Stormalong Bay were for February and what they are for March?

Also- are there lockers in the "new" shower rooms? Do they lock? Are the lockers still there in the pool area near Beaches & Cream?

TIA!

:fish:

caliope

DIS Veteran
    Pool Questions-

I'm going to try to keep up with posting the pool hours on Page 1- Can anyone let me know what the pool hours at Stormalong Bay were for February and what they are for March?

Also- are there lockers in the "new" shower rooms? Do they lock? Are the lockers still there in the pool area near Beaches & Cream?

TIA!

:fish:
    The pool hours were 10am-8pm when we arrived February 28th and they’re the same now on March 4th. I’d guess that was true for all of February and March?

There are still lockers in the pool area. I haven’t had a chance to pop into the shower area yet.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    The pool hours were 10am-8pm when we arrived February 28th and they’re the same now on March 4th. I’d guess that was true for all of February and March?

There are still lockers in the pool area. I haven’t had a chance to pop into the shower area yet.
    Perfect!

Thank you so much!

:thanks:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1160-1161

We are here now in 2102. It has a wet bar.,refrigerator, large coffee table and a king bed and two small clothes closets. Bathroom only has a shower, no tub. This is at the Yacht Club. Have not seen a single dog at all. This is fine for two adults. There is also a queen pull out sofa bed.
    Sounds like an awesome room!

Any chance you have pictures of the room and/or the view that you can post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

:goodvibes

Just stayed at BC for Princess Half Marathon Weekend. We have had trips booked here, but always ended up at a different resort for some reason or another. OMG, I loved it. It’s now in my top 3 favorite resorts.

I had a standard room booked and was upgraded to a garden view. Room 3584 did not have a full balcony, but I didn’t care about one. We faced Epcot overlooking a wooded area. It was very quiet during the day, but the fireworks were LOUD! It didn’t bother me. However, the early morning races can be another story. The 10K woke my daughter up because she could hear all the music and the announcers at 4am. She was not a happy girl. I ran all three races so I don’t know first hand just how loud it was. Just thought I would give some warning LOL!

I had a room only reservation and paid the balance off in January. When I arrived I was told I had an exorbitant balance due. I nearly fainted. After some research by the front desk they figured out that when I was upgraded that something wasn’t overridden and it wiped out my all my payment information. They fixed it and all was good again!
    Thanks so much for letting us know about your stay, especially the info about the location during racing weekends. If you have pictures of your view, I would love to see them.

:thumbsup2

I was down the hall from you in Room 3520 facing Epcot this past weekend and it was loud! It woke me up too.
    Broken record... Any view pix?

Our upcoming stay is YC CL from May 6th to May 12th. We are coming into Disney on May 4th and was suppose to stay at PORS from May 4th to May 6th but I really did not want to do a split stay if I did not have to. Well my husband agreed to stay the whole trip now at the YC. Well I could not get a CL room for the two nights. I am under a cast members friends and family so there was none available. I was able to get a woods view for the two nights. What is the best way to try and not have to store everything at bell services? Would I be able to try for a late check out for the non cl room and hope that our cl room is ready early. Also if I am able to do this will they let me use the lounge that day we are moving room if I am able to get a late check out. I was not sure if I would have to be checked out of one room prior to checking into the cl room. I am hoping they will let us its one less breakfast I have to worry about. Sorry this is so long.

Also please change out stay dates from May 6-12 to now May 4-12.

Thanks!!
    Got it! I'll make the change.

Good question about needing to be checked out of your non-CL room to check into the CL one. I would assume that you do need to be checked out. In that case, I would just check out of the room, go ahead and store your stuff with Bell Services*, check in for your CL and enjoy breakfast. You will have to move all your stuff anyway.

* Hmmmm... would Disney move your stuff as if you were transferring resorts instead of just changing rooms/levels? You could call Bell Services to pick up your bags and then call again when you are in the new room to have them delivered. Is that what they will do anyway, upon request, even if you are not changing resorts?

:scratchin

We just had an awesome 5 nights at YC. We booked last minute (last Monday) for Friday arrival and checked out today. We booked a garden view room and had an awesome corner room....it was huge!!!! Not sure if my video will work! Http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155827840429473&id=643409472
    Thank you so much for your review and awesome video! What a fantastic room!

Food & Wine trip booked at the Yacht Club, Sep 22-26! Can't wait to be back at my "home" resort!
    :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

So I'm always looking for Disney apparel on ebay and saw a lot of strange merchandise from the Yacht Club. People are selling YC couches, ceiling lights, cushions, bed headboards, daybeds, SHOWER CURTAINS???? What? Do you think these items were lifted during the renovation? I just find it odd and as nostalgic as I am, I wouldn't want a used hotel shower curtain no mater what it had on it :(

I guess maybe they were bought at an auction but yikes.. the ceiling light is going for $250!
    Interesting!

I know when Disney rooms are refurbished a lot of the furniture and accessories are sold to liquidators. A while back you could purchase an entire "room" from either the BC or YC- can't remember which right now.

Wish I had purchased one of those lifeguard Mickey lamps from the BC when I had the chance.

::yes::

I have had good luck faxing requests via Touring Plans numbers. I find it helps when you have special situations like yours to request. We have had our birthday requests honored at the Poly twice now. Try a month before your arrival as that is when rooms are assigned.

Btw, years ago I had a room overlooking the gazebo and was lucky to witness a wedding with Mickey and Minnie. It was magical. Congratulations to you!
    :welcome: to the thread!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

:cool2:

My family will be staying in. 1 BR Villa this Sept, my most hated hotel pet peeve is hearing people in the room above STOMP all over the place all night long. So I wanna to request a 5th floor (yes I know that 1 BR’s are limited on that floor). My question is do the top floors still have full balcony? Or is it modified, smaller & cant see out of it, due to roof line (we had this in WLV and GF). Is the interior room ceiling sloped? Thanks for any info!
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm not very familiar with the villas so I will leave it to the others who have responded to your questions.

:cool1:

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1162-1163

Thanks for all the info about grocery delivery services. I have never used any of these businesses so I rely on others' experiences when presenting info. I don't think I even have the info for Dizzy Dolphin or Instacart options in the FAQ info on grocery delivery, so I will add them. Keep on providing any info or feedback! Thank!

QUESTION ABOUT GROCERY DELIVERY

On page 1 it mentions that Garden Grocer delivers between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. Is this unique to Garden Grocer, or is this ALL of the grocery delivery services? (I'm thinking of using Dizzy Dolphin or WeGoShop - I'm interested in getting groceries from Trader Joe's - am wondering whether the time issue is for GG alone or whether it's for all grocery deliveries to YC/BC.)

Thanks!!
    Don't know about delivery hours, but proceed with caution re We Go Shop. Many people reported that she double billed them and didn't seem to care. The thread is on the DVC Mouscellaneous board.
    I highly discourage you from using wegoshop. I used them for 7 years successfully and then Amy brought her husband on. HORRIBLE customer service. Since then there have been several reports of delayed delivery and worse over charging and even double charging. Use caution.
    Dizzy typically delivers in the morning and leaves your items with bell services. And if you want Trader Joes, they will by golly GET you Trader Joes. Or anything else you want. :thumbsup2
    Huh? That's strange because that's only an hour for them to deliver to anyone? Not sure if that is right. To answer your question though, we used Instacart and you can schedule them to deliver anytime you want during the day.

I guess the only questions I have are about the delivery timing if someone can clarify.

I thought the Garden Grocery delivery window is something that is Disney-wide, but I could be wrong. Anyone know.

Also, can anyone confirm (or deny) that current deliveries from other services can happen any time of day?

:thanks:

**************************************************************************************************************

Just wanted to chime in with more details about our stay this past week. We had an AWESOME and perfectly flawless trip! We booked last minute since I found a $39 fare! Booked Monday, checked in Friday. Originally we were staying at CBR, then contemplated the cabins at FW, but settled on the YC since we wanted to relax at the pool a lot! Our flight got in shortly before 9am, we took DME, and were in Stormalong Bay by 10:15! I had did online check in at home. At around 11:15, I received a text that our room was ready! Jackpot!! Our room was AMAZING (I posted a video in here a couple of days ago). It was so spacious, we loved that we had THREE windows, and plenty of room, and it was close to the lobby. Mousekeeping did a spotless job. We opted for mousekeeping everyday, so I don't have any experience with the "room check" issue..since that was our room check.

We spent a lot of time in the pool, and easily found chairs, even when we came back mid day from the park. I thought the pool was a bit chilly, but coming from NY, it was better than home! The food at the Ale and Compass Market was decent.....disappointed that they still have no Mickey waffles. It was somewhat annoying to walk to Beach Club Marketplace. We opted for in room dining one day for my son for lunch, since he just wanted a plain kids burger, and A&C didn't have that. My daughter and I were dying when the room service came, and this awesomely funny British cast member set him all up with a white tablecloth, etc. He really got a kick out of that! We walked across to the Boardwalk for Ample Hills Creamery, which is awesome!! (we have one here in NY).

We found the bus service to the MK slow...but that has been typical of every single resort we have stayed at in the 20plus times we have vacationed there at various resorts. We wanted to get Minnie Van, had Bell services hook my phone up with Lyft, but the Minnie Van's were always further away than the bus. We had a great experience with the boats to HS and Epcot though! Our last day, we had a goal to do all four parks in one day. So we took the bus to AK, then the bus back to the resort to drop off my DD's banshee, took the boat to HS, then the bus from HS to MK, then hit the monorail to Epcot and walked back to the room after. LOVED the convenience of that!!

Overall we had a GREAT stay!! Our first time there was 17 years ago when I won a trip and they said we could pick any resort. We have stayed a few times in between then and now, but this past stay was the best of all! LOVE the updated rooms!
    Thanks so much for sharing the info about your trip!

Thanks for posting - does this repeat each week of the month?
    :welcome: to the thread

Do you have a trip to the resort in March?

:cool1:

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Dee, as far as Garden Grocer delivery timing, in October I had an earlier delivery scheduled. Garden Grocer called me and told me that Disney was now restricting their delivery window at the BC to between 4:30 and 5:30 only. I don’t know if it is Resort wide or not. I wanted groceries earlier than that so I had them delivered the afternoon before our arrival. Garden Grocer told me that Bell Services will hold items for 24 hours. Everything was fine when we arrived.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Not sure if this is better than the one I previously posted. Last month I was able to post a larger size using Flickr. This time, not so much!

Note- I have a question on the Sunday movie location- for most of the past months, the movie has been shown on the beach on the campfire nights, but in March, the Sunday movie is listed as being in the Solarium. I assume this is correct/not a typo, but if someone is able to confirm this for me, cool. If not. Still cool.

Campfire at 6:00 pm on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

March 2018 Movie Schedule, 7:30 pm popcorn::

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday on Beach

Sunday?, Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the Solarium

Sun- Thor: Ragnarok (PG-13) in Solarium

Mon- 101 Dalmations (1995) (G) in Solarium

Tues- Coco (PG) on Beach

Wed- Moana (PG) in Solarium

Thurs- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (G) on Beach

Fri - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (PG-13) in Solarium

Sat- Peter Pan (G) on Beach

Attachments

Last edited:

JennLTX

DIS Veteran
    Page 1162-1163

Thanks for all the info about grocery delivery services. I have never used any of these businesses so I rely on others' experiences when presenting info. I don't think I even have the info for Dizzy Dolphin or Instacart options in the FAQ info on grocery delivery, so I will add them. Keep on providing any info or feedback! Thank!

Dizzy Dolphin Delivery - https://www.dizzydolphindelivery.com/ and 614-795-1426

I've used them at several different resorts, and our groceries have always been delivered before noon. They send you a text when they've dropped them off.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES