Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I believe it's on the first page, but there's a shortcut that brings you out right by the bridge to the Boardwalk. At that point, it's 5 minutes and that's slow poke me walking.

Post #10:

If you are staying at BCV, you need to know about the Shortcut more than the Secret Entrance. In this photo, the green building is BCV. The blue building is BC. When you leave BCV and want to go to Epcot, you don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then out the back. Head toward the BC, but look for the path between the green building and the blue building.

Walk down the path until you get to the point shown here where you can't walk straight anymore (because you would walk into the bushes). Turn RIGHT. This is tricky. Your instincts will tell you to turn left, because you know that Epcot is to the left.

Go all the way to the end, and then turn left again. This also is tricky. The path will be so close to the patios of the first floor rooms that you will think you made a mistake and went the wrong way. You didn't.

Follow that path until you reach the gate. The gate will let you out on the main path. Stop and look at where you are, so that you will be able to find the gate on your way back in. Then turn left to get to Epcot.

I'd suggest trying it in daylight the first time.

Hello Everyone..we are making our first stay at YC garden view this August 14-20.It will be Myself,DW DS(19)DS(14).Joining us will be my Sons Girlfriend (20).It will be Her first visit to Disneyworld.Thanks for all the info you have put together here.We have stayed at ASM,POR,CB,CSR,AKL before but this is our first Epcot resort stay.One question I have is we usually do rope drop at the parks,how much of a disadvantage is it entering Epcot from the gateway to get to Test track being its longer to get there?Anyone have experience doing this?Anyway looking forward to our yearly trip.Thanks..Dave

One question I have is we usually do rope drop at the parks,how much of a disadvantage is it entering Epcot from the gateway to get to Test track being its longer to get there?

It's definitely a longer trek to anything in Future World from the IG, but I can't see that being worth taking the time to get to Epcot's front gate if you're already staying at YC.

Hello Everyone..we are making our first stay at YC garden view this August 14-20.It will be Myself,DW DS(19)DS(14).Joining us will be my Sons Girlfriend (20).It will be Her first visit to Disneyworld.Thanks for all the info you have put together here.We have stayed at ASM,POR,CB,CSR,AKL before but this is our first Epcot resort stay.One question I have is we usually do rope drop at the parks,how much of a disadvantage is it entering Epcot from the gateway to get to Test track being its longer to get there?Anyone have experience doing this?Anyway looking forward to our yearly trip.Thanks..Dave
Even though the official rope drop is listed as 9:00 a.m., they usually let you in earlier at the IG. I'm not sure if they do the same at the main entrance.

Thanks for the replies.Was trying to decide if it was worth it to Uber to the main gate for entry at rope drop.

Was trying to decide if it was worth it to Uber to the main gate for entry at rope drop

I guess if you don't have FP+ for an attraction that you really want to be among the first in line for, it would help to start in FW. Wouldn't be worth the hassle to me, but at the end of the day it's all subjective.

Post #10:

If you are staying at BCV, you need to know about the Shortcut more than the Secret Entrance. In this photo, the green building is BCV. The blue building is BC. When you leave BCV and want to go to Epcot, you don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then out the back. Head toward the BC, but look for the path between the green building and the blue building.

Walk down the path until you get to the point shown here where you can't walk straight anymore (because you would walk into the bushes). Turn RIGHT. This is tricky. Your instincts will tell you to turn left, because you know that Epcot is to the left.

Go all the way to the end, and then turn left again. This also is tricky. The path will be so close to the patios of the first floor rooms that you will think you made a mistake and went the wrong way. You didn't.

Follow that path until you reach the gate. The gate will let you out on the main path. Stop and look at where you are, so that you will be able to find the gate on your way back in. Then turn left to get to Epcot.

I'd suggest trying it in daylight the first time.
Definitely in daylight, lol. I got lost!

Even though the official rope drop is listed as 9:00 a.m., they usually let you in earlier at the IG. I'm not sure if they do the same at the main entrance.
Yes at all parks, esp when they’re expecting high crowds they let you in early, then hold you at a certain point inside the park.

We have not stayed at the Beach Club Villas yet (its one location on my list)
However, I have searched and can't seem to find the answer to the following question about Stormalong Bay Pool.
I know there is sand in the bottom of the pool and my 12 year old is concerned that when she swims in the pool she will get sand in her eyes.
Has anyone encountered this?
Is it a valid concern or an unlikely circumstance?
Is the sand in the bottom of the entire pool or are there areas that don't have as much.

Thank you in advance for the information.
Tina

We have not stayed at the Beach Club Villas yet (its one location on my list)
However, I have searched and can't seem to find the answer to the following question about Stormalong Bay Pool.
I know there is sand in the bottom of the pool and my 12 year old is concerned that when she swims in the pool she will get sand in her eyes.
Has anyone encountered this?
Is it a valid concern or an unlikely circumstance?
Is the sand in the bottom of the entire pool or are there areas that don't have as much.

Thank you in advance for the information.
Tina

Valid question, but in my opinion and one who swims with his eyes open she should not have any issues. I'll address the specifics and possible exceptions. The sand in the pool is a clean white sand that varies in depth in different sections of the pool from a trace to maybe 6 - 8 inches.
It does feel good on tired feet when you wade where the sand is deeper. The sand tends to get deeper in the center of the pool and under the bridges. Unless she's swimming close to the bottom and/or no one is kicking up a lot sand she should be fine. The lazy river portion of the pool is deeper than the rest of the pool so the sand is a good 6 - 7 feet below the surface. Others may have different experiences, but thought I would "anchors aweigh in". :sail:

Valid question, but in my opinion and one who swims with his eyes open she should not have any issues. I'll address the specifics and possible exceptions. The sand in the pool is a clean white sand that varies in depth in different sections of the pool from a trace to maybe 6 - 8 inches.
It does feel good on tired feet when you wade where the sand is deeper. The sand tends to get deeper in the center of the pool and under the bridges. Unless she's swimming close to the bottom and/or no one is kicking up a lot sand she should be fine. The lazy river portion of the pool is deeper than the rest of the pool so the sand is a good 6 - 7 feet below the surface. Others may have different experiences, but thought I would "anchors aweigh in". :sail:
Great question, perfect response. Thanks!

Hey Dee! Yeah it's me. Still here!

Can you stick me back on that list thingy.

Taking our granddaughter Sarah Jane for her first trip. July 15 - July 20 to the BCV's. Convinced her parents to get a trip in before she turns the Disney Magical 3! Disney math at it's best!

My Ben hasn't been since 1989. Stayed at the NEW Carribean Beach Resort and went to the one month old MGM Studios! His wife Betsy hasn't been since her teens.
Let's just say I'm in full blown MickeyT planning mode!
Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter