Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

kandb

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried Ale and Compass restaurant for dinner? I looked on TripAdvisor and people mostly complain that they don't give you any bread with dinner. If you want bread, you have to pay $12, which is kind of ridiculous. The menu looks okay, but nothing great. Thanks for any info.

• PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
    Has anyone tried Ale and Compass restaurant for dinner? I looked on TripAdvisor and people mostly complain that they don't give you any bread with dinner. If you want bread, you have to pay $12, which is kind of ridiculous. The menu looks okay, but nothing great. Thanks for any info.
    We had dinner there a couple nights ago. I didn’t even notice the lack of bread, lol. I had the lobster/clams and DH had a T bone. We are on the DDP so I feel it was a good use of TS credits. Although DH enjoyed his meal a lot, he felt it wasn’t the best steak he had on this trip. Service was good, drinks were good and we enjoyed our dessert. Since we’re at YC it was nice to not have to venture too far. If you’re on the dining plan we’d definitely recommend it, and even paying cash it was fine.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Quick ???
    Are there Cabana rentals at SAB? Thanks in advance!
    No....Or should I say, yes we have no cabanas? :banana:
    If you didn't say it, I would have!

:banana::banana::banana:

Last summer, we heard the rumor that SAB would be adding cabanas, but so far I haven't heard anything about when that might happen. I'll certainly post here if I hear anything definitive.

There are some tables with umbrellas, I think mostly on the side of SAB closest to the YC. First come, first serve.

:beach:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    BC/YC's campfire/marshmallow roast wasn't daily summer 2017 (or 2016 IIRC). You can google to see the monthly schedules to confirm (google: "2017 August Beach Club recreation calendar.")

Summer 2016 they weren't daily, but BWI would have the campfire on BC's "off" days. (We walked over there every other day.) So you could easily go to one nightly.

Summer 2017 they didn't do that, annoyingly (i.e., there were days of the week when neither BC/YC nor BWI had a campfire. (My sons are huge fans of the marshmallow roast, for many years now, so we follow this closely.)
    I have the calendars for Yacht & Beach for the past few years posted in a historical link on Page 1, Post 4.

I know the campfires were discontinued last year for several months, at all resorts, due to the fire risk in the area. I don't remember exactly when.

:sad2:

katherine52478

Mouseketeer
    From outside facing the room. All three doors under the overhang are part of Room 101.
    722A9D82-D1F0-4C25-885D-5540243936DE.jpeg

View from the patio (night):
    35BB2BB8-B8CB-466D-AAB7-02773A42CD1D.jpeg

View from patio (morning):
    6ECEC107-ED5C-456D-9E7A-653AB68111FB.jpeg

Just back from a week at BCV. We were in room 101 which was my exact room request through Touring Plans. Loved this location. Ground floor, near the main entrance. Easy access to the Marketplace, bus stops, quiet pool and path to Epcot. Super quiet as it was an end room in a short hallway. It was a dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 queens in the second bedrooom. I completely blanked on taking pics of the room, but here are pics from the patio!

• antmaril

DIS Veteran
    I am so excited. Yesterday afternoon I changed our reservations for our upcoming WDW two-night stay (followed by three nights at Universal). My son and I had reservations at Coronado Springs and yesterday I checked to see if the Yacht Club was available and for how much. There was a Garden/Woods room available with the Gift of Magic Room Only Discount and I grabbed it. It is definitely a splurge, but I was having trouble not staying in the Epcot Resort area. I love being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We have stayed at The Beach Club and The Boardwalk Inn several times, but this is the first time at The Yacht Club. It will be short, but sweet. Yahoo!

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
    I am so excited. Yesterday afternoon I changed our reservations for our upcoming WDW two-night stay (followed by three nights at Universal). My son and I had reservations at Coronado Springs and yesterday I checked to see if the Yacht Club was available and for how much. There was a Garden/Woods room available with the Gift of Magic Room Only Discount and I grabbed it. It is definitely a splurge, but I was having trouble not staying in the Epcot Resort area. I love being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We have stayed at The Beach Club and The Boardwalk Inn several times, but this is the first time at The Yacht Club. It will be short, but sweet. Yahoo!
    Awesome! Was your GoM rom only for 30% off at YC? :)

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Newbie to thread. This has got to be an insider of some sort. :lmao:
    Kind of an inside joke, but more of an indication that you are past a certain age if you get the reference.

"Yes, We Have No Bananas" is a novelty song written by Louis Prima and performed by a number of artists throughout the years.

I love to answer the cabana question with the riff on the song. The first time I did that, someone (much younger than myself) thought I was being rude in my response.

Let's see if this posts:

Yes, We Have No Bananas performed by Spike Jones

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Yes,+we+have+no+bananas&view=detail&mid=A2E8300EC152AD263EEEA2E8300EC152AD263EEE&FORM=VIRE

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

OneinThree

DIS Veteran
    Newbie to thread. This has got to be an insider of some sort. :lmao:
    but more of an indication that you are past a certain age if you get the reference.

Definitely something most of the older crowd would get. In my 40's, it's a song I recognize only because I heard my uncle singing it in jest when I was a kid.

EDIT: And lest I forget- GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #ByeByeBirdies

MrsPMcD

Mouseketeer
    From outside facing the room. All three doors under the overhang are part of Room 101.
    View attachment 300138

View from the patio (night):
    View attachment 300139

View from patio (morning):
    View attachment 300144

Just back from a week at BCV. We were in room 101 which was my exact room request through Touring Plans. Loved this location. Ground floor, near the main entrance. Easy access to the Marketplace, bus stops, quiet pool and path to Epcot. Super quiet as it was an end room in a short hallway. It was a dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 queens in the second bedrooom. I completely blanked on taking pics of the room, but here are pics from the patio!
    That looks fantastic! So excited to be heading back there very very soon! Thanks for sharing the pics, I will be putting in a room request for near the Beach Club and an upper floor room soon. Thanks again, hope you had a brilliant trip.

chrismom3

I want to live on Main Street!
    If possible, need a little help with room location for BC garden view room (regular room) with a full balcony. I know the Yacht Club has more rooms with a balcony but my husband has bad allergy/asthma and with the new pet friendly policy, we're not able to stay there. Any help would be appreciated!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    If possible, need a little help with room location for BC garden view room (regular room) with a full balcony. I know the Yacht Club has more rooms with a balcony but my husband has bad allergy/asthma and with the new pet friendly policy, we're not able to stay there. Any help would be appreciated!
    :welcome:

When is your trip?

Is there anything else important to you other than the full balcony?

Some of the BC GV rooms overlook the back entrance courtyard (lakeside). I like that area because the people-watching is entertaining. Some BC GV rooms face the volleyball court- you can see the water from some of those rooms (sideways, but still). Other BC GV rooms are in the wing closest to EPCOT and have a woods view. You can see samples of some of these views by going to the Beach Club room view thread. I'll post a link in a minute.

You should either make the larger balcony your only request or prioritze it with wording like "Full balcony, please. XXX if possible" if you have a secondary request.

ETA:
    Beach Club Room Views

:goodvibes

Last edited:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS