Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Dr Gunnie

Still a kid
Heading back to the Beach Club in June! We stayed there in December of 2016 and loved it. Last time we were there, we didn't spend much time at the resort and didn't use the pool, but this time we are planning to have a couple of off days just swimming.

I've been reading up on here and basically have all of my questions answered, but one...

Do they have music playing at Stormalong Bay while your swimming/laying out?

helenb

Wishing for the World...
I need to alter my info on the Be Our Guest list. We switched to YC (from BC) to take advantage of the Sun & Fun promotion. Saving over $100 per night made it worth it!

tsme

DIS Veteran
We’re at BC now. We arrived Sunday. I didn’t receive a room ready text. I was assigned a room right away. We didn’t care for the room. It looked dated or maybe dusty & my DH wasn’t happy with the our lagoon water view that had a very large tree blocking. So I went down & asked for another, a couple of hours later it was ready & perfect. Weird thing, when I checked my email that night I saw I had gotten a room ready email with the room number (1st room) at 9:30am. But we had never received a text and it never showed on the app. We were checking both on the ride down.
Our current room is much better, but I have to say I can hear the people next to us with their small children very clearly. We usually stay at the BWI & have never heard the neighbors.
Also, a big change for us, we joined DVC. I’m still a little sick over the amount of money it costs, but I’ve been assured it pays off even if we don’t come to Disney. Hoping that’s right.
The parks have been crowded but the weather was nice yesterday. I think today & tomorrow it’s going to rain.
That’s it so far. We’re having a great time.

• AllThingsMickey4

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know how long they are expecting to run the "trial" period for dogs at the YC? I'm having my wedding at Disney at the end of April and we were planning on boarding our dogs at Best Friends, but I'm considering switching from BC to YC so our dogs can stay with us. TIA!

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    I believe that just like the "Room Occupied" door hanger signs, this change may soon be coming to the YC/BC, as it seems like the Deluxes are among the first scheduled to initiate changes.
    http://*****.com/blog/2018/01/walt-disney-world-test-bluetooth-hotel-room-door-entry-via-cell-phone-mydisneyexperience-app/
    Okay, so for us technically challenged individuals (I still use a flip-phone). will the Mouse give us a cell phone to use during our stay so we can download the app? Hey, don't laugh, that phone has been very good to me over the years and I have no intention of replacing it.
    Katesdad

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Okay, so for us technically challenged individuals (I still use a flip-phone). will the Mouse give us a cell phone to use during our stay so we can download the app? Hey, don't laugh, that phone has been very good to me over the years and I have no intention of replacing it.
    Katesdad
    No laughter from me. Although I do use a smart phone (which is arguably way smarter than I am), I had a pay-as-you go Tracfone that was indestructible. Dropped into water, run over by my van and left outside for a couple of days- it kept on tickin'

Excellent question!

:goodvibes

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Katesdad
    No laughter from me. Although I do use a smart phone (which is arguably way smarter than I am), I had a pay-as-you go Tracfone that was indestructible. Dropped into water, run over by my van and left outside for a couple of days- it kept on tickin'

Excellent question!

:goodvibes
    I would think that the MagicBand would be a much easier way to open a guest room door, than pulling out my phone/app. Maybe the app would show a history of who opened the door and when; that might be interesting. Obviously, Disney has access to that info.

Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
    DVC Gold
    Katesdad
    Good point. Also what if your phone goes dead or gets lost or left in the room accidentally?

• dansdad

DIS Veteran
    Katesdad
    No laughter here either. It will just be another option along with the Magic Bands.

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
    A couple more additions to the Be Our Guest list for later this year please...

Oct 5-8 BC SV
    Dec 30-Jan 2 BC SV (our first split stay - 4 nights at POFQ, 3 nights at BC, 4 Nights at Poly)

If we've got APs, might as well get our money's worth, right?

Best_Vacation_EVER!

DIS Veteran
    Sandcastle Club at BC shutting down July 31, 2018.
    Very sad about this... our DS will be 12 by the time this happens but we have regularly used the the kids club previously (and we go yearly and have used the kids club often) he had a great time each and every time .... I think this just makes it that much harder for parents who want to have a night out while making sure our kids are nearby and well taken care of. To a certain extent this works against the pay for play options they've offered which don't work for kids --- we're doing Highway in the Sky and the Savor the Savannah on our trip in March ... had the kids club not been available I doubt we'd have done either.

On one level I understand but I guess if people used them enough this wouldn't be an issue but I feel bad that this option will be gone in July.

Katesdad

DIS Veteran
    Not to pound this issue to death, but with all the walking-dead in the parks today (who hasn't had to jump aside to avoid someone fixated on their texting while walking?), I can see the logic why Disney wants to go to this option for opening doors to rooms. There will probably be some kind of maintenance and security option making it easier for staff to remotely gain access to a room when needed. On the other hand, I have a neighbor who is now 18 and has been in trouble for a number of years for hacking into computers that he shouldn't have been snooping around in. I would think this technology will be something easily broken into by those with the technical skills and the nefarious intentions to do something they shouldn't be doing.
    Katesdad

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Not to pound this issue to death, but with all the walking-dead in the parks today (who hasn't had to jump aside to avoid someone fixated on their texting while walking?), I can see the logic why Disney wants to go to this option for opening doors to rooms. There will probably be some kind of maintenance and security option making it easier for staff to remotely gain access to a room when needed. On the other hand, I have a neighbor who is now 18 and has been in trouble for a number of years for hacking into computers that he shouldn't have been snooping around in. I would think this technology will be something easily broken into by those with the technical skills and the nefarious intentions to do something they shouldn't be doing.
    Katesdad
    Sometimes I hate mobile phones! I mean I love mine for lots of reasons but I hate that sometimes people are permanently engrossed in their phones while not being aware of other people/things around them.. I too would worry about the ability of those with less than honest intentions being able to hack their way into a room :scared1:

bryana

DIS Veteran
    On DME headed to the airport.

Had a great stay for marathon weekend, despite it being the most crowded I’ve seen the parks in any of my recent trips.

I really enjoyed YC and don’t have any complaints about the room, aside from noise. As others have mentioned, I don’t know if the new flooring is to be blamed but if someone is out in the hallway, it sounds like they’re in your room. Yesterday finally warmed up enough that I was able to finally get into SAB. On my previous 2 stays at BC, I never found time. I enjoyed a few loops around the lazy river section. I did use the hot tub at the quiet pool quite a few times to soothe my legs post marathon. I did not see any dogs at the resort. My sister left yesterday morning and texted saying she saw one small dog being checked in.

If anyone has any questions, I’ll be happy to try to answer them.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS