Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

shoreward

DIS Veteran
I have a studio booked for Feb. Would I be able to rent a cott or bring in an air mattress? My cousin and I would have to share a bed and we are both quite big guys so sharing a bed is not really an option.
If it's just the two of you, you should not have to share a bed.

Deluxe Studio
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard

1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Bunk-Size Pull-Down Bed and 1 Queen Bed

Sleeps up to 5 Adults

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
I have a studio booked for Feb. Would I be able to rent a cott or bring in an air mattress? My cousin and I would have to share a bed and we are both quite big guys so sharing a bed is not really an option.
They don't provide cots for DVC rooms. If bed plus pull out sofa won't work you are allowed to bring an air mattress.

• coolbrook

DIS Veteran
    Page 1117-1119

I'll pencil you in on the 2019 list, because it is never too early!

That is really cool about your celebrity sighting.

::yes::

:welcome: to posting on the thread. I love your avatar photo with the linked arms and magic bands.

I'm glad you were able to find some helpful info here before your trip.

Love your detailed review- may I add link it to the trip report section I have on Page 1 (Post 16)- I haven't been good about keeping that section up, but maybe I'll try to do a better job in 2018...

:thumbsup2

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

Thanks for your comments!

I would love to add your review to the trip report section.

Sure, feel free to link my comments if you like.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Posting review of Yachtsman below to link to Page 1, Post 7

Thanks, @chunkymonkey for the awesome review and incredible pictures.

Want to read more? Check out her reports in the trip report and cruise forums!

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Review of Yachtsman, August 2017, chunkymonkey
    We arrived at Yachtsman and checked in. We were greeted by our longtime favorite server, David. We were able to dine with him about 4 times this year which was great!
    Soon we were joined by everyone else and we were seated in Yachtsman. They didn't' have room to fit our gigantic party so Kelly's family ate at at the table right next to us. We started off with the delicious bread basket of pull apart onion rolls with the roasted garlic....mmm
    Steve and I got the tuna tartare appetizer to start. It was fresh and delicious. It's served with a tempura-fried seaweed which you can use as sort of a cracker for the tuna, and some light wasabi cream.
    We also got a few orders of the fried calamari which was great!
    Steve and I always share the porterhouse medium rare. It's delicious!
    Some sides we got for the table:
    Beef fat potatoes
    Sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach, caramelized onions:
    For the summer months they had a delicious pea risotto. It's seasonal though so they don't have it right now.
    Truffle mac n cheese, an all-time favorite!
    Oh and Chunkysis who is not a steak fan ordered a grilled lobster:
    Gosh we were so full we never really have room for dessert here! Everyone really enjoyed their meals with Kelly and Honyee proclaimed it "The Best Restaurant at Disney!" We saved 20% on almost everything including our bottles of wine, but they do only give the discount for up to 10 people, but David was nice enough to apply the AP discount for 10% off the other meals.
    They gave out petit fours for the table.
    It was a fantastic meal! I always recommend Yachtsman for a great steak dinner, and it never disappoints.

OneinThree

DIS Veteran
    We arrived at Yachtsman and checked in. We were greeted by our longtime favorite server, David. We were able to dine with him about 4 times this year which was great!
    Soon we were joined by everyone else and we were seated in Yachtsman. They didn't' have room to fit our gigantic party so Kelly's family ate at at the table right next to us. We started off with the delicious bread basket of pull apart onion rolls with the roasted garlic....mmm
    Steve and I got the tuna tartare appetizer to start. It was fresh and delicious. It's served with a tempura-fried seaweed which you can use as sort of a cracker for the tuna, and some light wasabi cream.
    We also got a few orders of the fried calamari which was great!
    Steve and I always share the porterhouse medium rare. It's delicious!
    Some sides we got for the table:
    Beef fat potatoes
    Sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach, caramelized onions:
    For the summer months they had a delicious pea risotto. It's seasonal though so they don't have it right now.
    Truffle mac n cheese, an all-time favorite!
    Oh and Chunkysis who is not a steak fan ordered a grilled lobster:
    Gosh we were so full we never really have room for dessert here! Everyone really enjoyed their meals with Kelly and Honyee proclaimed it "The Best Restaurant at Disney!" We saved 20% on almost everything including our bottles of wine, but they do only give the discount for up to 10 people, but David was nice enough to apply the AP discount for 10% off the other meals.
    They gave out petit fours for the table.
    It was a fantastic meal! I always recommend Yachtsman for a great steak dinner, and it never disappoints.

We ate the Yachtsman on 12/7, and had a wonderful experience overall. The filet was as good as I've had anywhere, and the service was excellent. My wife's lobster was good but not great, as was desert IMO. All in all, I'd say it's a can't miss if you're looking for a good steak on property.

wdwlver

Dis Veteran DVC member
    Studios have one queen bed, one queen pullout bed and a small twin pull down bed. I would think one of you can take the bed and the other the queen pullout.

• Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Does anyone know why you can not book a lagoon/pool view at the yacht club???
    I just chose a random date and it showed lagoon/pool view. Are you trying to book at a busy time or under a particular discount?

izzylovesmickey

DIS Veteran
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a late spring/AP discount for our May trip to book BC. We are staying at CSR but want to end at BC if possible. DD and boyfriend got engaged in November so they are spending my vacation fund! (Since we think the world of him, I guess we'll forgive them!) It will be our last trip for at least 1 1/2 years. We were looking into Poly or GF for something new but I don't want to regret not staying at BC!

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a late spring/AP discount for our May trip to book BC. We are staying at CSR but want to end at BC if possible. DD and boyfriend got engaged in November so they are spending my vacation fund! (Since we think the world of him, I guess we'll forgive them!) It will be our last trip for at least 1 1/2 years. We were looking into Poly or GF for something new but I don't want to regret not staying at BC!
    Me too! Currently booked at AKL, but would really prefer BC. The hope on the May discounts thread is that something might get released tomorrow, or at least by the end of the week.

Jon84

wdwaddictuk
    David is our favourite server too, we always ask for him, so knowledgable and friendly. We were so happy with him the first time around, I specifically spoke to the manager before leaving to praise David :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS