Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
At Yacht Club now with our dog. Just reporting in that we have seen about 5 or 6 dogs on our ground floor hallway.
They informed us upon checking in that they are trying to keep them in one area.
We haven't experienced any problems with the other dogs and people have been very friendly with ours.

Merry Christmas
Thanks for this report.

Enjoy your trip!

:dogdance:

Lalabubbles

Mouseketeer
Returned from our trip on Monday. We had a great time but we all missed the BC. We have decided that for our 2019 trip (pending Galaxy's Edge opening) we want to stay at either the BC or YC. We did stop by to visit and see the Christmas decorations, which made us miss it more, lol. We stayed at Coronado this past trip and while we loved the new rooms we much prefer the Epcot resort area and deluxe resorts for the multiple transportation choices. I know we are weird but we enjoy going more in the summer than when there is a chance it will be cool weather. We enjoy taking mid-day breaks at the pool and even full days at the pool, with the weather we had this past trip it was too cold for that. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the best thread ever.

Edited to add: We had our first celebrity sighting this trip. We were on the same train as Mike Tyson and his family on Rockin' Roller Coaster. Only two seats back, lol. Walked out of the ride down the ramp with him. I didn't say anything as I didn't want to disrupt his family vacation but when we came out there were people every where taking his picture. Its kinda funny though cause we were just talking about him like 2 days before. Our daughter loves the henna and my husband jokingly said she should get one around her eye like Mike Tysons tattoo. She had no idea who he was so we showed her pictures.

Last edited:

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
We saw several dogs in the parks in BABY CARRIAGES!!! These were small dogs, they had netting in the carriage so the dogs couldn't get out. Some were dressed up with Christmas outfits on. We even saw one in the basket of an ECV!

Why would people do this to their dogs? I said to my husband, what do they do with the dogs when they go on the rides? They didn't have "service dog" banners on, so I don't know if they were service dogs or not.

• Miked0292

Mouseketeer
    On bus right now stoped at yc first then to bc hoping to make breakfast on cl

Update made breakfast ,and was able to get the welcome drink if not offered just ask

Last edited:

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    We saw several dogs in the parks in BABY CARRIAGES!!! These were small dogs, they had netting in the carriage so the dogs couldn't get out. Some were dressed up with Christmas outfits on. We even saw one in the basket of an ECV!

Why would people do this to their dogs? I said to my husband, what do they do with the dogs when they go on the rides? They didn't have "service dog" banners on, so I don't know if they were service dogs or not.

We saw maybe 2 like that also during our trip last week. One was in the YC lobby & approached the train display, right near the door from the restaurant. My DH thought she had actually come from the restaurant, but I really didn’t see where she came from. I certainly hope she wasn’t in there.

It certainly is bizarre to me too. Not something I would do. I am a dog lover & have had dogs of my own, but I never treated them like humans.

paradesintherain

DIS Veteran

I would guess they're probably locals and they do that to their dogs for fun (of whatever sort that might be) and the spectacle. I doubt they're really there to ride the rides

Simba's Girl

DIS Veteran
    On bus right now stoped at yc first then to bc hoping to make breakfast on cl

Update made breakfast ,and was able to get the welcome drink if not offered just ask
    I'll be getting my welcome drink at 8am the day after we check in in 9 days! We'll be getting in about midnight so....

• coolbrook

DIS Veteran
    Good Morning Everyone! Thank you to everyone who posts here and helped us have a fabulous Christmas trip and Yacht Club stay. We just got back yesterday from our second stay here and first stay since the refurb. This is now the perfect resort for us. Loved the location of course, the peaceful vibe, the very helpful cast members, the restaurants, and the room décor, design, and furnishings, and the lovely pool area!

Our afternoon at the pool was very relaxing! We enjoyed the tucked-away hot tubs, the cushioned lounge chairs, the lazy river(with very deep water), and the handy mug refill location.

We enjoyed meals at Ale and Compass and Crew's Cup. Excellent service and relaxed pace at Ale and Compass and a chowder that really stood out. DD had the clam bake and is now in love with lobster. One evening DH and I had dinner at Crew's Cup without the kids who had gone to MK without us (DD26, DD22, and DD14.) I was looking for a good burger and the concierge recommended it. The burger I had was delicious as well as the chowder my DH had. I would go back again to either restaurant.

Things I really liked about our room: Lots of storage from closets, shelves, and drawers to bathroom cubbies under the sink. The new pocket door into the shower/toilet room that has an automatic closer like nice kitchen drawers so it doesn't slam shut. The lighted magnifying makeup mirror. Lots of outlets and usb plugs. Very comfy mattress. The shower head that can be from above, from the side, or both and can raise and lower. Plenty of light. Plenty of water pressure. Great housekeeping. Comfy sofa bed that pretty much sleeps like a regular bed. nice balcony view of gazeebo and garden. Easy walk to lobby, market, bus stop, boat dock, restaurants, and Epcot. Kurig coffee maker was used a lot by my family. Love the blue Disney constellation curtains!

Dogs: I heard barking on two occasions from our 4th floor room with gazeebo view room which faced away from Epcot. Only lasted a few seconds and didn't bother me. I saw only two dogs in the building during my 5 night stay. One in the lobby and one small dog on a leash in the food area of the market in line to pay.

I can't wait to stay here again!

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Good Morning Everyone! Thank you to everyone who posts here and helped us have a fabulous Christmas trip and Yacht Club stay. We just got back yesterday from our second stay here and first stay since the refurb.

We enjoyed meals at Ale and Compass and Crew's Cup. Excellent service and relaxed pace at Ale and Compass and a chowder that really stood out. DD had the clam bake and is now in love with lobster. One evening DH and I had dinner at Crew's Cup without the kids who had gone to MK without us (DD26, DD22, and DD14.) I was looking for a good burger and the concierge recommended it. The burger I had was delicious as well as the chowder my DH had.
    It's good to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at the YC.

You mentioned that you had a great burger for dinner at Crew's Cup Lounge. The online menu for Crew's Cup changed about the same time that A&C opened. The new online dinner menu only shows three entrees, with the favorite burger nowhere to be found.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/crew-cup-lounge/menus/dinner/

The online lunch menu for Crew's Cup has a burger, but Crew's Cup apparently no longer is open for lunch.

Was the burger on the menu you looked at, or did you request it from your server, though no longer on the menu?

coolbrook

DIS Veteran
    It's good to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time at the YC.

You mentioned that you had a great burger for dinner at Crew's Cup Lounge. The online menu for Crew's Cup changed about the same time that A&C opened. The new online dinner menu only shows three entrees, with the favorite burger nowhere to be found.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/crew-cup-lounge/menus/dinner/

The online lunch menu for Crew's Cup has a burger, but Crew's Cup apparently no longer is open for lunch.

Was the burger on the menu you looked at, or did you request it from your server, though no longer on the menu?
    It was on the menu and served with delicious fries. It had some kind of tasty sauce on it and fried onion straws. The server asked what other condiments I wanted. He brought lettuce and tomato, ketchup, mayo and mustard for me.

gometros

<font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an
    For those of you who have asked about @TeenaS here is a quick update about what she has been up to recently.

Today is her birthday, so if you happen to see this Teena, know that lots of good wishes are being sent your way!!!

:bday::cake:

She is very busy out in Vegas with her daughter and granddaughter, helping out in the school where Jeanne teaches.

She misses Florida, and Disney, and the Beach Club terribly, but tries to get back to the World as much as she can.

I was able to cruise with her on the Fantasy in early October and then we had overlapping trips to WDW in October.

View attachment 289700

Teena and her family visited Aulani for the first time earlier this month. The verdict- They LOVED it!!!

View attachment 289697

View attachment 289698

View attachment 289699

:beach:

Teena has some upcoming trips to WDW with Lilly- early January, mid February and mid-March, I believe, so if anyone is there around those times, Be On the Look Out!

Which Fantasy cruise were you on? We were on the Eastern that became a Western that left Oct. 7.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    It was on the menu and served with delicious fries. It had some kind of tasty sauce on it and fried onion straws. The server asked what other condiments I wanted. He brought lettuce and tomato, ketchup, mayo and mustard for me.
    That's good to know that the burger is still available. The version you were served was different from the last one I had - sounds good.

It looks like the online menu may just be another Disney IT failure.

megs1313

DIS Veteran
    Question: Can i fill up a cup from home with ice water from the freestyle machine at the marketplace? I've never stayed at a property that had a freestyle machine. TIA!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS