Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Though MDE allows you to search open dates/times for the new Ale & Compass Restaurant for 11/17/2017 and beyond, it seems impossible to find openings online for this year. Is it another IT glitch?

According to several online posts, the restaurant opens on 11/26/2017.

That just means they haven't opened it for reservations yet. My guess is it'll soft open a little bit before the official date and sometime shortly thereafter they'll open up bookings.

That said, it's unlikely you'll need an ADR to get in there.

Thanks - I'm willing to search for cancellations, but not for a restaurant that wouldn't be open!
Just keep checking. We have a breakfast booked there for 12/13/17 although I'm fairly certain an ADR really isn't required. And I want to add that I really think it's great that you are taking all this time to make sure your nieces have a great Christmas at the World. Some times those that we try to help just don't appreciate all that it takes to get things done. Most of us here on this thread though do and I have to say you are always appreciated here for your comments and suggestions.
Katesdad

Just keep checking. We have a breakfast booked there for 12/13/17 although I'm fairly certain an ADR really isn't required. And I want to add that I really think it's great that you are taking all this time to make sure your nieces have a great Christmas at the World. Some times those that we try to help just don't appreciate all that it takes to get things done. Most of us here on this thread though do and I have to say you are always appreciated here for your comments and suggestions.
Katesdad

That's so nice of you to say! Thank you!

That just means they haven't opened it for reservations yet. My guess is it'll soft open a little bit before the official date and sometime shortly thereafter they'll open up bookings.

That said, it's unlikely you'll need an ADR to get in there.
I have made a reservation there for December 8th for lunch. The reservations opened over a week ago online.

I have made a reservation there for December 8th for lunch. The reservations opened over a week ago online.

Oh, well there you go. :) Maybe they don't want to book up the first week or two in case they run behind or whatnot. I'm sure there's a reason, which we will never know.

So sorry if this belongs in some other thread or forum....I was having a hard time finding any way to post a question so I took the opportunity when I finally found an option to post something.
I’m getting ready for a stay at the Beach Club Resort in a few weeks. I thought I’d just use the toiletries provided at the hotel instead of packing all my own stuff this time. Does anyone know what toiletries are provided there now? Somewhere I read just shampoo and a bar of soap.

Hi-

:welcome: to the DIS!!!

I run the Beach Club FAQ thread. I haven't stayed there recently, but I'm pretty sure there is more than just shampoo and soap in the rooms. I do vaguely remember someone posting not long ago that that was all they had, but I think that was an exception . I'm going to post your question over on that board. Click on the link in my signature to see what people who have stayed recently or are perhaps there now.

Dee

Found an orphan question over on the DIS welcome board- can someone who has been at the Beach Club recently (or is there now) answer this question.

Bonus points if you have pictures!

:thumbsup2

Found an orphan question over on the DIS welcome board- can someone who has been at the Beach Club recently (or is there now) answer this question.

I can tell you what we got in the Villas back in October; all H2O+ Sea Salt products. 2 oz. Shampoo, 2 oz. Conditioner, 2 oz. Body Wash, 2 oz. Lotion, Bath soap and facial soap. I could take a picture but my "stash" is somewhere in the linen closet.

I can tell you what we got in the Villas back in October; all H2O+ Sea Salt products. 2 oz. Shampoo, 2 oz. Conditioner, 2 oz. Body Wash, 2 oz. Lotion, Bath soap and facial soap. I could take a picture but my "stash" is somewhere in the linen closet.
Yes, I believe that is the standard, now, at BC, YC, and Villas. They will gladly provide extras, upon request, and sometimes, even without a request. :)

Oh, well there you go. :) Maybe they don't want to book up the first week or two in case they run behind or whatnot. I'm sure there's a reason, which we will never know.

I've managed to make ADRs for breakfast for 3 mornings, the first being the 28th Nov.

Yes, I believe that is the standard, now, at BC, YC, and Villas. They will gladly provide extras, upon request, and sometimes, even without a request. :)

And we had the same products in the non DVC portion of the resort--also in October. Housekeeping was generous with the products but for some reason couldn't remember to leave wash cloths. :confused3

I'm planning to take an Uber to get some necessities when we arrive. Can anyone tell me where the nearest grocery store is to BC?

I'm planning to take an Uber to get some necessities when we arrive. Can anyone tell me where the nearest grocery store is to BC?
For a full service grocery store, I like Publix. They have everything, including a deli and counter for made-to-order subs. The pricing is competitive.

The closest Publix is in Orlando, and about a 17 minute drive. There are also a Target and Walmart in Kissimmee, about 18-20 minutes away.

Publix Super Market at Regency Village Shopping Center
8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando

Last edited:

I have pics but don't know how to post them now. I always used Photobucket.

I have pics but don't know how to post them now. I always used Photobucket.

If the picture is small enough, you can directly upload a picture.

Click Upload a File (the middle button at the bottom right of the reply box) and find the picture on your computer or phone. Click "open"

If it says your file is too large, you can go into a photo editor (I use MS Paint) and resize:

Make a copy of the photo

In Paint: File>Resize (replace 100 with either 50 or 25)>OK, then click on the save icon.

:magnify:

So sorry if this belongs in some other thread or forum....I was having a hard time finding any way to post a question so I took the opportunity when I finally found an option to post something.
I’m getting ready for a stay at the Beach Club Resort in a few weeks. I thought I’d just use the toiletries provided at the hotel instead of packing all my own stuff this time. Does anyone know what toiletries are provided there now? Somewhere I read just shampoo and a bar of soap.
My photos are from the YC, earlier in the year, when additional toiletries and amenities were provided in the rooms. So, just ignore anything different than the current shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, bath soap and facial soap. The toiletries are the same at BC, YC, and Villas.

upload_2017-11-13_18-11-27.jpeg

upload_2017-11-13_18-10-22.jpeg

Last edited:
I did it...I think...maybe...photobucket was easier. Thanks Dee for the instructions...hopefully I will remember them. :lmao:20171021_134822.jpg First Day20171021_134830.jpg 20171022_130811.jpg Second Day...Made up for the lack of toiletries the first day. Lotion, body wash, soap, shampoo and conditioner.
ETA. This was 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
And we had the same products in the non DVC portion of the resort--also in October. Housekeeping was generous with the products but for some reason couldn't remember to leave wash cloths. :confused3

We had the exact same problem this Oct (non DVC). I kept having to leave notes to please give me washcloths. (?!)

Thank you. This was the only page I found that gave me an option to write a post. The crazy thing is I have posted a question before...must have been beginners luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter