Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Captain's Grille-Historical Post

Major Renovation and Temporary Relocation of Captain's Grill Restaurant

Captain's Grille, one of the table service restaurants located just off the lobby of Disney's Yacht Club Resort is getting ready to be refurbished. Instead of closing, the restaurant will be relocating to Ariel’s, a former restaurant space located at the nearby Beach Club, from mid-May until sometime this Fall as the work is being completed.

blog post:
Captain's Grille will undergo major overhaul in 2017, exact dates unknown

The Captain's Grille (formerly the Yacht Club Galley) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Please note: Disney Visa holders can save 10% on the purchase of breakfast or lunch by using their card at the Captain's Grille

Captain's Grille Breakfast, Ariel's Location, June 2017

Captain's Grille Menu, March 2016

Here is a link to a few pictures from the daily breakfast buffet provided by TaraPA: Breakfast Buffet pictures

The Breakfast Club, Captain's Grille, August 2014

Captain's Grille Breakfast review by missyrose and pixeldust

Captain's Grille Breakfast Buffet, Review by emmysmommy

Captain's Grille Lunch review by natebenma, July 2013

Captain's Grille Lunch review by MEK and Captain's Grille Lunch review by eandesmom

Captain's Grille Dinner Review by natebenma, August 2015 (DISmeet)

Captain's Grille Dinner Review by natebenma, with Teena July 2013

Captain's Grille Dinner Review by Natebenma, July 2010

I wanted to mention, there is a girl who works in Captian's Grill named Meghan.. She was a former princess ( Giselle in the parade, aurora, Cinderella) she is the sweetest person and if you have kids, she is fantastic for interaction with them... She is fantastic and super sweet. She has an Instagram account where she posts old pictures of herself as a princess disneyfitgirl. I make a point to see her (she works weekends) so I thought I would pass that on.

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    This link was posted on the Club Level thread. Looks like the reviewer was able to stay on the 5th floor with his dog.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g34515-d120302-i287988624-Disney_s_Yacht_Club_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html
    Thanks for posting this. There has been so much conflicting information as to which areas of the YC can be booked as dog-friendly rooms. This is the first confirmation that pet dogs are allowed on the 5th floor...and on the bed.

So, with pet dogs being accepted on the 5th floor, that means pet dogs will be allowed in the elevators, as well as most first floor areas, in order to get to the designated dog refuse area, near the Quiet Pool.

jecon

Mouseketeer
    Any recommendations for a standard room request at the YC? Prefer to be close to lobby, lower floor. Thanks!

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Any recommendations for a standard room request at the YC? Prefer to be close to lobby, lower floor. Thanks!
    I would just word it that way "close to lobby, lower floor". I don't think there are any standard rooms on the first floor. Pretty sure the first floor is all garden or water view.

gometros

<font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an
    party:9 Days till Thanksgiving at the BCparty:

:rockband::dancer:Single Digit Dancing:dancer::rockband:
    Our first stay at the Beach Club (and second trip ever to the World) was a 8-day split stay at the Yacht & Beach Club on a Thanksgiving a long time ago So it's near and dear to our hearts. It was a great time to go then. It was back when the Boardwalk was being built. How things have changed since.

• gometros

<font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an
    I have caught up on reading posts and updates to the Be Our Guest list.

I would appreciate if everyone could take a peek and let me know if I need to make any additions/changes/updates to the list.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes
    I don't remember not being specific with our dates. We'll be the from May 16-22. Thanks.

Last edited:

wdwnut61

DIS Veteran
    Our first stay at the Beach Club (and second trip ever to the World) was a 8-day split stay at the Yacht & Beach Club on a Thanksgiving a long time ago So it's near and dear to our hearts. It was a great time to go then. It was back when the Boardwalk was being built. How things have changed since.
    I'm really looking forward to all the added Christmas stuff in Epcot this year. It will be so nice to stroll over in the evenings :goodvibes

Farro

Another day, another confused selfie.
    Page 1086-1087

:welcome: to posting on the thread about your feelings about the Beach/Yacht Club.

And WHAT?!? You are disappearing for 2 years?

Feel free to hang around with us until your next trip.

:thumbsup2
    Thanks!

Something else that surprises me, people are always saying there isn't enough quick service options in the Beach/Yacht, but honestly I felt that way about the Polynesian.
    Staying at Beach/Yacht you can go over to Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk Hotel and most importantly, Epcot for quick service!
    At Poly we felt limited just to there and Grand Floridian for quick service, as everything else was a monorail or boat ride away. :)

Kimberle

WL Vet
    We are going the week before Christmas. So looking forward to not experiencing the heat of the summer! How much rain does this time of year usually get? Do we need to pack poncho's?

• Amy M

DIS Veteran
    I have caught up on reading posts and updates to the Be Our Guest list.

I would appreciate if everyone could take a peek and let me know if I need to make any additions/changes/updates to the list.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes
    We have added 2 nights to our BC stay. We are now staying July 7-16, 2018. Thanks for all you do on this tread! I don't post much yet, but read multiple times a day. We are heading to central Florida for Thanksgiving to visit my MIL and heading to Disney to look at all of the decorations, shop at Disney Springs, and have dinner at Citricos. Can't wait! Need to get my Disney fix any way I can!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We are going the week before Christmas. So looking forward to not experiencing the heat of the summer! How much rain does this time of year usually get? Do we need to pack poncho's?
    It wouldn't hurt! Seems like when you pack something in case you need it, you probably won't, so you are helping to avoid it raining during your trip.

During our recent (mid-October) 5 day trip it only rained during our trip, but I was glad I had ponchos.

My bonus tip- bring a largish (2.5 gallon bag) to put the wet ponchos into if you no longer need them. That way you can keep everything else you are carrying dry until you get back to your room.

:umbrella:

FidFam

Mouseketeer
    We've been at BC since Monday and aside from a handful of service dogs (which we see at all resorts and parks) we haven't noticed any additional dogs around the properties - although we haven't spent much time at YC except for an evening at Crews Cup last night for a late dinner and drinks.

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
    I was finally able to change my rack rate at POFQ to the Beach Club with my passholder discount. Still pretty pricey at $370 a night, I usually pay that for club level and this is for a lagoon/pool view. Oh well, Merry Christmas to me!!!

Our dates are 11/28 to 12/3

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS