Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
page 1078-1080

I was originally having a parcel delivered to the Hard Rock, but based on the FedEx delivery estimate it won't arrive on time, so it's being redirected to our next hotel on the itinerary - the Beach Club Villas.
Will the Beach Club charge me a fee to accept the parcel?
:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Hope you were able to retrieve your package. Was it delivered to the Convention Center or were you able to get it at the front desk? Cost?

:goodvibes

Just curious about the recent dog policy, did Disney give Yacht Club resort guests with booked reservations an alternative?
:welcome: to the thread.

No- as others have posted, some guests have been able to switch their reservations to the Beach Club or other resorts. Others have not had success when they requested a change.

:sad2:

I received one on my last visit. If you are not in they leave you a voice mail saying you have a package. Once you call and let them know you are in they will deliver or you can go pick it up. They will tell you the specifics.
:welcome: and thanks for sharing this info.

:thumbsup2

I am finally getting to take my 5 year old niece and extended family with me! My heart was set on Bay Lake because of the ease of walking to the MK. However, the two bedroom standard view that I have enough points for is already booked. Now I'm looking into the Beach Club. I've dined at the Yacht Club, and I'm not really certain where that ends and where the Beach Club begins. The pool that is outside of Beaches & Cream is available to those staying at the BC, right?
When I check online, it's showing the Beach Club Marketplace as being a snack credit, but it has meal items. Can we use quick service credits there?
Tell me all of your best hints/tips to make the BC a magical stay for
- a 5 year old who will need either naps or someone taking her to the resort early for bedtime
- a grandpa who has been to WDW and doesn't love it (he's a thrill seeker and Disney rides are too tame)
- a BiL who has never really done family vacations, but he's coming along because he wants to experience his daughter's first trip
:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I have re-posted the reply from Tess, because it is perfect and helpful!

:cool1:

I will take a crack at some of your questions:

The two resorts are connected on the exterior by a walkway and you are free to use the amenities at either. Stormalong Bay is the large pool that connects both resorts and yes, it is available to both. Both resorts also have "quiet" or "leisure" pools. BC has a separate DVC portion (since you indicated you wanted Bay Lake) which are bookable through Disney or renting points from an owner. This resort offers studios, one bedroom and the ability to create two bedroom villas.

Marketplace is the quick service location and yes, it accepts quick service and snack credits. There is also a quick service location (Ale & Compass Market) at the YC. Cape May (buffet) is a full service restaurant in BC. Yachtsman Steakhouse is a full service restaurant at the YC. Captain's Grille is also going to be located within YC once completed (currently under renovation) and is also a full service. Crew's Cup (Yacht Club side) is a lounge which offers snacks, drinks and limited meals. Beaches & Cream (Beach Club location) is an old fashioned ice cream parlor offering sandwiches and ice cream--also full service. Finally, Hurricane Hanna's is a quick service location along with poolside bar.

In addition to all of the dining options at BC/YC, you have the entire Boardwalk which offers dining options as well as being at the back gate (International Gateway) to EPCOT.

BC/YC and the Boardwalk area has something for everyone and I'm sure the 5 y/o will enjoy the sandy area of Stormalong Bay and meeting the many characters within each park or some of the dining locations.

While Disney isn't the thrill ride capital, it does offer a good many rides that are fun for those who enjoy thrils, i.e., Rock 'N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror (DHS), Test Track (EPCOT), Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mt., Splash Mt (MK), Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest (AK) so Grandpa could hang out for those in each park and then move on to the resort if he is not into the beauty that is Disney.

BIL will enjoy watching the joy on his daughter's face and may find he would like to be the one taking her back for downtime at the resort.

Hope that helps. Start on page one of this thread and do your research--there is loads of information contained here.
:thanks:

• jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    page 1078-1080

No- as others have posted, some guests have been able to switch their reservations to the Beach Club or other resorts. Others have not had success when they requested a change.

:sad2:
    We saw only 2 or 3 dogs, all of whom were service dogs, in our entire stay last week, and that included parks and resorts.

On a side note, (if you are sensitive to "yuk" stop reading now), because of the bed bug report at BC before our trip, I brought down an ultraviolet flashlight to look for them (found none), and while we had it out, we looked at the carpeting.... UGH!!! I'm really sorry we did, because there were several LARGE "splashes" around the bed, and through out the room, which were not visible in normal lighting. Now obviously, they were not necessarily "biological" stains, but I'm guessing that some were...... Needless to say, we wore socks anytime we were in the room. Probably not any worse than going barefoot outside, but somehow it feels it is.

Up until now, I haven't been a fan of the hard flooring, but after seeing this, (and we didn't even look in the bathroom!!) I know I'll feel better about the cleanliness of the floors. But, saying that, my handy dandy UV light will be permanently packed in my suitcase for future trips!

Other than the carpet, though, the housekeeping was for the most part, very well done. One day, they forgot to restock the coffee, but I had brought my own pods just in case, so it wasn't a problem. Towels, glasses, cups and toiletries were replaced every day, and trash/recycle bins emptied. No complaints there.

We also always wipe down the remote, phone, door knobs and other "much touched" areas with a clorox wipe as soon as we enter the room - the wipe came away pretty dirty, so, you might want to think about bringing some of them along. (We always bring them the plane to wipe down the trays, armrests, etc.)

Normally, I'm not a neatnik, but after a few trips where I ended up with nasty colds or sinus infections, I started doing this whenever I fly or stay in a hotel, and I think it has helped.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    We also always wipe down the remote, phone, door knobs and other "much touched" areas with a clorox wipe as soon as we enter the room - the wipe came away pretty dirty, so, you might want to think about bringing some of them along. (We always bring them the plane to wipe down the trays, armrests, etc.)

Normally, I'm not a neatnik, but after a few trips where I ended up with nasty colds or sinus infections, I started doing this whenever I fly or stay in a hotel, and I think it has helped.
    Lol - you sound like me. I also hit all of the plumbing fixture handles, etc., as well as patio door handles and lamp switches - it gives me an extra sense of security. I probably do it more there, than at home!

• cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
    I do the same thing too- I wish I could do this on all the rides too! I definitely go wash my hands after handling menus and I never put the menu on my silverware or napkin!! I occasionally take out wipes to wipe down the tables. I am a germaphobe, especially after I came home from Disney with MRSA. I had a bug bite and kept scratching it and ended up with MRSA at the bug bite from not washing my hands enough. If I could get away with wearing disposable gloves without looking weird, I would. My husband thinks I'm crazy fro wiping everything down- but a well.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

mlittig

DIS Veteran
    I am another one who wipes down those things in the room before I touch them :rolleyes1I do the light switches on the walls too and also carry the wipes on the plane :thumbsup2 Nice to meet so many other germ avoidance people ::yes::

• GoGoBeans

DIS Veteran
    The only dogs we've seen here are service dogs. I spent some time chatting with a CM, and she said the rules around having them in the rooms are pretty strict, and that all dogs are required to be crated when left alone. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    We saw more dogs than ever this past weekend. Some with Service dog tags on their harness, most not. One riding in a stroller. Another small yip dog. No thanks.:sad2:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee

During our recent girl's trip, @JanetMom and I made a pilgrimage to the Beach Club. We visited the Marketplace where I took the opportunity to snap a couple of pictures. When we were finished, a cast member came up to me and said "Hi!" with so much enthusiasm we both thought she knew me. I had to ask and she said "No. You two just look so happy!"

And we were.

Maybe because we were "home". Maybe because we had just split a La Vie En Rose in France.

Whatever the reason, our hearts or the booze, we stood in the Marketplace, documenting for youse:

(apologies to lovers of How the Grinch Stole Christmas)

:santa:

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Beach Club Marketplace 2017

Quick Serve

Grocery Items

Beer & Wine

Kris Pinot $19.95
    Iron Horse Sparkling Wine $35
    Bellafina Pink Moscato $16.95
    McManis Chardonnay $18.95
    Soleil Mimosa $21
    King Estate Pinot $15
    Flip Flop Sparkling Wine (can) $9

Merchandise

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1081-1082

My internet access is acting up, so I am having problems with pics and links...so, I appologize for the weirdo question.
    Do they sell cream cheese bars or little packets at BC?
    :welcome:

When is your trip?

Yes, you can purchase a Philly cream cheese block ($3.79 on 2015 Marketplace Price listing) and I think there are small packets of cream cheese available- they may even be out by the toaster along with pats of butter but I am not positive.

:thumbsup2

We used the accessible Minnie van service from the Beach Club and it was wonderful!! Highly recommended!
    :welcome: and thanks so much for sharing your positive experience

Does anyone have any experience with the Ship Shape Salon and hair cuts? Specifically ladies hair cut. The good, the bad?
    BUMP!!!

I am always looking for guest reviews of the spa. If we have any, I have posted them on Page 1, Post 5.

Would love to add more if anyone has 'em!

::yes::

Can you enter Epcot at RD from the international gateway entrance if staying at BC? We’ve always stayed in monorail area or AKL, so BC is new to us! Thanks!

When is your trip?

As others have replied yes, you can get to FW at EPCOT via the International Gateway prior to the World Showcase opening time.

:wave2:

Long time, no see!!!

Are you coming back to the resort sometime soon???

:cool2:

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran

During our recent girl's trip, @JanetMom and I made a pilgrimage to the Beach Club. We visited the Marketplace where I took the opportunity to snap a couple of pictures. When we were finished, a cast member came up to me and said "Hi!" with so much enthusiasm we both thought she knew me. I had to ask and she said "No. You two just look so happy!"

And we were.

Maybe because we were "home". Maybe because we had just split a La Vie En Rose in France.

Whatever the reason, our hearts or the booze, we stood in the Marketplace, documenting for youse:

(apologies to lovers of How the Grinch Stole Christmas)

:santa:
    We stopped at the Beach Club during the “girls” trip and we both felt like we were home. :) I guess that’s why we stay there more than any other resort.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1083-1086

It was nice going through the last few pages. Once again my heart was warmed by all of the birthday greetings!

Just booked a BCV stay for 2018, we haven't stayed there in years, but we are very excited to stay there using our new BCV points (I will miss YC though).

September 29th to October 3rd 2018
    :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

We're at BC 1/6-1/13.

I actually do check the rooms for bugs every trip, every hotel. I've got 3 rooms this trip to do!
    I'll put your dates on the list.

I was thrilled to find availability at BCV at the 7 month window. Usually hard to get a stay of any decent length. Is mid-May a quiet time usually? I know get schools aren't out yet, but most universities end around mid-May.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool2:

Dee - would you please add our January dates to the list.

BC Jan 20-24, 2018

My pleasure!

:banana::banana::banana:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS