Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

mrsap

let it be
Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone will be staying YC CL soon. I'd like to know if any of the evening offerings have changed. We can do Online Check-in in 10 days! Trip is finally getting close!!

Chancery8

Mouseketeer
Returned a few weeks ago from our first stay at BC... needless to say, we loved it. One little thing that we loved was the smell of the lobby when you return from a long day at the parks. Question... does YC have a similar smell? We were thinking of booking at YC next time, but strangely enough, the lobby smell might change my mind lol.
Yes, that lobby smell, aaaahh! We just got back from our first stay at the YC and we fell in love with the smell of the lobby (and the whole resort itself of course). We're now obsessed with trying to replicate that smell at home. From what I hear, the BC and YC lobbies have the same scent, or at least very similar.

• Hootenany

Mouseketeer
    Yes, that lobby smell, aaaahh! We just got back from our first stay at the YC and we fell in love with the smell of the lobby (and the whole resort itself of course). We're now obsessed with trying to replicate that smell at home. From what I hear, the BC and YC lobbies have the same scent, or at least very similar.
    Check out this website! I, too, am obsessed with the Beach/Yacht Club scent! This company has a similar scent in a candle and wax tart form. We LOVE it!

https://spireside.com/collections/candles/products/clover-fields-candle

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    :welcome: to posting on the thread. In addition to the helpful info about the spireside candles, we have a section on Page 1, Post 14 about some of the things that mimic the scent of the Yacht & Beach club.

:magnify:

Check out this website! I, too, am obsessed with the Beach/Yacht Club scent! This company has a similar scent in a candle and wax tart form. We LOVE it!

https://spireside.com/collections/candles/products/clover-fields-candle
    :welcome:

Thanks for the info and testimonial about the spireside candles. I can't remember if I have the info on the front page or not. I'll add it if I don't.

:thumbsup2

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hi All,
    We usually stay at the Poly, and just returned from GF. I use the healthclub daily. They have the Villas, GF and the Poly sharing one gym, and it is often a wait for the treadmills, and NOWHERE TO SHOWER or put a gym bag.

We recently stayed at AKL, and the gym was PERFECT! Our upcoming trip is at the BC. Can someone tell me about the heath club? is there a place to shower? A decent amount of treadmills? 24 hour access? And is it accessible from the resort, or do you have to go outside?

TIA to all for any help!!!!!!

I am going to post your question over on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ board for additional feedback from guests who have used the workout room at the resort. There are pictures and some info in Post 5 on Page 1 of that thread. Click on the link in my signature.

Yes, there is a locker room and shower in the space shared by the health club and the spa, which is run by an outside company.

A couple of years back, the spa management started restricting use of the showers to guests who wanted to use the area after using Stormalong Bay. I thought that people who were working out in the health club were still permitted to use the shower, but I'm not positive.

If access is restricted to only spa guests, there is another option.

In April, changing rooms with showers (male/female/unisex) were opened near the healthclub, but you would have to exit the health club to use them.

The door to the health club is sort-of outside. You get there through the hallways of the Beach or Yacht Club, but the spa itself is in an open-air part of the resort, sort of like the entrance to Beaches & Cream restaurant.

Not sure about 24 hour access.

:yay:

• PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    I am going to post your question over on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ board for additional feedback from guests who have used the workout room at the resort. There are pictures and some info in Post 5 on Page 1 of that thread. Click on the link in my signature.

Yes, there is a locker room and shower in the space shared by the health club and the spa, which is run by an outside company.

A couple of years back, the spa management started restricting use of the showers to guests who wanted to use the area after using Stormalong Bay. I thought that people who were working out in the health club were still permitted to use the shower, but I'm not positive.

If access is restricted to only spa guests, there is another option.

In April, changing rooms with showers (male/female/unisex) were opened near the healthclub, but you would have to exit the health club to use them.

The door to the health club is sort-of outside. You get there through the hallways of the Beach or Yacht Club, but the spa itself is in an open-air part of the resort, sort of like the entrance to Beaches & Cream restaurant.

Not sure about 24 hour access.

:yay:
    Ship Shape Health Club has 24 hour access. There are approximately 8 treadmills [as of May 2017] and I have never seen them all being used at once. The busiest time that I've observed was between 6:00 - 7:00 AM on weekdays, with mostly conventioneers. The Beach and Yacht Club also have access to nice running routes around the Epcot resorts; Crescent Lake and the path along the canal to HS.

Donna3271

DIS Veteran
    Ship Shape Health Club has 24 hour access. There are approximately 8 treadmills [as of May 2017] and I have never seen them all being used at once. The busiest time that I've observed was between 6:00 - 7:00 AM on weekdays, with mostly conventioneers. The Beach and Yacht Club also have access to nice running routes around the Epcot resorts; Crescent Lake and the path along the canal to HS.
    Thank you so much! Great info!!!

Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
    DVC Gold
    Returned a few weeks ago from our first stay at BC... needless to say, we loved it. One little thing that we loved was the smell of the lobby when you return from a long day at the parks. Question... does YC have a similar smell? We were thinking of booking at YC next time, but strangely enough, the lobby smell might change my mind lol.
    That smell is amazing!

Yes, the YC is the same scent. I actually thought it was stronger at the YC, maybe due to the lack of the food smell from CM.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thank you!!

Great point about the running path- I forgot to mention that I have a posting of the course map, Page 1, Post 1.

Do you know if guests using the health club are permitted to use the showers? Or is it one of those inconsistent "depends on who you ask" situations.

I went and read the info I have on Page 1- it said 24 hour access but you had to arrange in advance to get an access key. That info may (or may not be) outdated.

Does anyone know????

Youse guys are all the best!

:thanks:

• igrsod

DIS Veteran
    That smell is amazing!

Yes, the YC is the same scent. I actually thought it was stronger at the YC, maybe due to the lack of the food smell from CM.
    Ahhhh... thank you for this. That made my decision easier. Although we loved the proximity of BC to Epcot, there seemed to be some benefits to staying at YC. Sooooo, that is where we will try next time.

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    Thank you!!

Great point about the running path- I forgot to mention that I have a posting of the course map, Page 1, Post 1.

Do you know if guests using the health club are permitted to use the showers? Or is it one of those inconsistent "depends on who you ask" situations.

I went and read the info I have on Page 1- it said 24 hour access but you had to arrange in advance to get an access key. That info may (or may not be) outdated.

Does anyone know????

Youse guys are all the best!

:thanks:
    I'm 98% sure that guests using the health club are permitted to use the showers. I say this because when we ran in to the initial issue with trying to just use the showers on our departure day a few years ago, I was told that the showers were for only those who use the spa or health club. I was going to be a wise guy and hop on the treadmill for 5 minutes to circumvent the issue but talked my way into using the showers anyway.

I think the separate access key [yellow card] was pre magic bands. I believe everything is magic band driven now. I'll double-check when I'm there next month and report back accordingly. Nonetheless, it's 24 hour access one way or the other.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I'm 98% sure that guests using the health club are permitted to use the showers. I say this because when we ran in to the initial issue with trying to just use the showers on our departure day a few years ago, I was told that the showers were for only those who use the spa or health club. I was going to be a wise guy and hop on the treadmill for 5 minutes to circumvent the issue but talked my way into using the showers anyway.
    I remember discussing that here around the time the policy for use of the showers/locker room had changed.

I believe it was ~Ninjamom who suggested that maybe there was a sweat gauge to measure whether you had worked out "enough" to use the showers.

:scared:

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    I'm 98% sure that guests using the health club are permitted to use the showers.
    I think the separate access key [yellow card] was pre magic bands. I believe everything is magic band driven now. I'll double-check when I'm there next month and report back accordingly. Nonetheless, it's 24 hour access one way or the other.
    I haven't tried to use the health club at the Yacht Club/Beach Club, but you use your Magic Band to access the health club at the Boardwalk. My guess is that it would be the same at the Yacht Club/Beach Club.

Blended Disney

Earning My Ears
    16 hour drive sounds like your driving from near Chicago
    We are in Columbus, some family in Chicago though. Either way, me and the kids alone for the drive should be fun, right? It was my idea for DW to stay in FL a couple extra days rather than fly home to turn around and drive down.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS