Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We used the bus to and from Hollywood Studios one day last week and it wasn’t bad at all. We never waited more than 10 minutes for it. The bus dropped off near the park bus stops and picked up at the same stop that they use when the boats are stopped for lightning, which is behind the Coronado Springs stop.

And this is why I always go to the desk as soon as we arrive, even if I've done online check-in. It gives me the chance to chit chat and inquire if they could possibly accommodate my one important request. With a big smile of course.

If our room isn’t ready when we get there, We do this also. We always arrive in the morning. We enjoy talking to them to start our vacation. Looking forward to our next visit in October !:wave2::wave2:

Staying at BC standard room July 18-22, what are our chances of getting a daybed? How many standard rooms have daybeds?

Thanks all! So excited, main goal of this trip is pool/resort time with morning park time!

We checked out of the Beach Club last Friday and we had a wonderful room. I booked standard view, but it felt like a garden view. I’m not sure if we were upgraded, or if it was just a great standard. Our view was of some green space and the sidewalk that takes you to the Epcot back path. My room was 2584. It had a full balcony, 2 queen beds, a daybed, and a bath tub. It was also very convenient to the lobby without being close enough to hear any noise.

The pictures look amazing! A king would be amazing but we probably wont get that since we booked standard view. I'm just so excited to go!!
Anything is possible! We stayed at AKL last year and had requested a king room. We ended up having to sleep one night in a queen room, but then switched to the king for the rest of our 3 nights.

I've read where the boats were down going to Hollywood studios because they were doing construction on the bridges. We are about a week out now and I was wondering if they have finished the work and you can get to Hollywood Studios on the boats or do you still need to take a bus?

I apologize if this has already been covered. I tried to search for it first.

Thank you.

I've read where the boats were down going to Hollywood studios because they were doing construction on the bridges. We are about a week out now and I was wondering if they have finished the work and you can get to Hollywood Studios on the boats or do you still need to take a bus?

Thank you.
I think the boats are still out of order for now.

Thank you.
They are currently speculating June 29th.

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get an ADR for Beaches And Cream Soda Shop late-August? I kept trying since our 180-days window opened, with no luck. I know the venue is small, but since we're staying 13 days, I thought it would been unlikely I missed all the tables, both for lunch or dinner.

Page 1243-1244

I've been meaning to post since Thursday, but I guess that tells you how jam-packed our days have been since we arrived ... We check out Monday, so we have to make the most of our time!

This is our first stay at the BC and I feel like we nabbed the brass ring of BC rooms. We booked a SV but got upgraded to a Garden View on the 4th floor (high floor, as requested). Two queens + daybed (as requested), a large balcony (not requested but nice), and we can see a sliver of fireworks (very loud but very cool). Our view includes a gazebo; I'm not sure if it's THE gazebo people get married in. We are close to the elevators (as requested), which is a little noisy, but I love that we can be in the lobby about 2 seconds after we think about heading there.

I'm not sure what's right above us on Club Level, but it seems to be an area that doesn't have carpet, because it seems we can hear everything dropped or placed on the floor. I can even hear the closet door rolling back and forth.

The pool is absolutely fantastic, and the kids and I loved Beaches and Cream. We'll be back on Monday with my husband so we can tackle a Kitchen Sink!

I have to say, we may be spoiled by the walk from BC to Epcot forever. For some reason, it's a nice walk than even the Grand Californian to DCA, ha ha.

I don't know if BC will ever be in our budget again, but it sure has made an impression.

Thanks so much for your report! I'm so pleased to hear you loved the resort and had a great room. I know you promised to share the room number by private message after your trip, but if you don't mind posting it here that would be fantastic. I am trying to get as much detail as possible about the resort rooms and adding this info to our helpful Beach Club Room View and Info thread.

If you have a picture of the view from our room, that would be great too- you can post it here or if you prefer email it to me at beachclubdee at yahoo

Thanks again for your feedback!

:thumbsup2

:thanks:

Just got back from our first trip to WDW and stayed at the YC, OMG we are so spoiled now we will never be able to stay anyplace else. The pool is so good. We could watch fireworks from our balcony. It was so good my DH who had said "1 and done" about WDW now says "in a few years", "when we come back".

No boat service to Hollywood but the boats to Epcot are running. They are also a life saver at the end of a hot day. They start running at 8am so for early morning reservations its either Uber or a walk in.

They do allow pool noodles .....NO Rafts but noodles in ther pools and the lazy rivers. There are a few hanging around but hard to find. So bring your own and you will be so happy you did. The lazy river gets deep like 7 feet in places something I love but not everyone does. The sand on the bottom of the pools is heavenly on tired sore feet. No issue every finding a chair or 2 near the lazy river maybe more than 2 would be a issue. Lots of towels and very friendly pool staff.

The busses from MK are a nightmare. Here is my advice either get on the Boardwalk bus they come 3x as fast I am not kidding 3x, you can walk over to YC/BC or take a boat. Or take the monorail to a resort Polynesian is really nice and then Uber or Lyft back.

Our room location allowed us access to the Boardwalk and boats very easy from a side door. Check out those side doors if your room isn't close to the lobby.

There is a small washer and dryer (2 but only 1 worked) by the side door. But a much larger laundry area by the back pool, I think it was called the Admirals pool. They had 3 washers and 6 dryers. Much nicer to do laundry and swim while waiting on it. $3.00 a wash and $3.00 a dry. They sell soap for $2.00 but I put a few tide pods in a small snack container and brought my own.

The Ale and Compass Market was great the people so helpful and nice but limited selection. Hint shrimp cocktail is a snack credit, win. Its a walk but BC Market is much bigger and had more options.

I know YC and BC are twins of each other but YC defiantly had a calmer vibe and not as many little kids/strollers. Not they ever discourage kids from staying at YC just it clearly has less kids. That surprised me.

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Thanks so much for the review and information about your stay, especially the comment about the MK bus service. I have never considered taking the Boardwalk bus if there is a long wait for BC/YC, but it is a great idea. Most of the time, I return to the Beach Club via EPCOT because I love the monorail and the opportunity to do some things there before returning to the room, but yours is great solution if you want to get directly back to the resort.

::yes::

Woohoo, just booked our summer 2019 trip!! Dee can you add us to the Be Our Guest list for July 18-July 30th please, we will be staying the the BC. Hopefully I can get a magical deal but I wanted to get something reserved just in case :smooth:. Only 394 days to go, lol.

Will do!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I took a picture of the section of the Beach Club with the deluxe rooms. *snip*
The deluxe rooms are on the right side of the building. These are lagoon view rooms.

I have time for a quick update. I had reserved two garden view rooms at the BC under one reservation number with the room only bounce back offer that was available to us last October. Most people don't know that you can reserve two rooms under one reservation and all five of us were registered to both rooms, which meant that our MB's opened both resort room doors. It was great.

We had rooms 3569 and 3571. They were connecting rooms. Room 3569 had two queen beds, a daybed and a standing balcony. Room 3571 had a king bed, a sofa bed (it looked like a double bed), a wet bar and a standing balcony. Room 3569 had the normal room setup but room 3571 had two split closets and the bathroom was in one room instead of the more common sink outside of the room with the tub and toilet. By the way, we have now been given three of the twelve rooms with king beds and all three of them have had standing balconies. ;)

I added the pictures for room 3571 to the Beach Club Room views thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-7#post-58768063

Dee - please take us off the Be Our Guest list for June 30 to July 5th at the YC. We are going to cancel our trip.

Thank you as always for the detailed, helpful info and pictures!

Sorry to hear you are canceling your upcoming trip- I know it was a last minute booking.

Like ~Ninja, I hope all is ok!

:goodvibes

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get an ADR for Beaches And Cream Soda Shop late-August? I kept trying since our 180-days window opened, with no luck. I know the venue is small, but since we're staying 13 days, I thought it would been unlikely I missed all the tables, both for lunch or dinner.
I highly recommend looking one and two days before you want to dine there. Many guests grab up the slots, well in advance, knowing that they always can cancel up to one day prior to the reservation date and not pay a cancellation penalty.
It's amazing what becomes available on short notice - even for the most popular times.
Don't give up!

We managed to book a lunch in late August for 5 people, but we booked 180 + 6 days in advance! I couldn't find anything until day 6 of the trip! This was even harder to book than 'Ohana. Good luck - cancellations do happen!

This whole pool refurbishment possibility has me concerned. My wife and I go in October for our 25th anniversary and we plan to spend lots of time at SAB. We usually do the pool all day and then a park or dinner in the evening (we’re doing V&A this trip!!). Does anyone have any more info on this to help ease my fears?

Page 1245

Are the Friendships running to Hollywood Studios yet?

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Right now, the latest info we have is that the boat service will resume around June 29.

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

:goodvives

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list for July 20-26, 2018 at the Beach Club. My youngest is excited to go back to the Beach Club and has lots of swim time planned. Thank you.

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

Page 1246-1247

Please add me to the Be Our Guest list for Monday, September 10, at Yacht Club Standard View.

We’re staying off property that week, but obtained an AP rate of $240 for one night at YC. So we’ll Lyft over Monday morning to YC and check-in. Afterwards, we’ll visit Epcot for F&W on Monday, and probably DHS for Toy Story Land on Tuesday. Then Lyft back to our off property location Tuesday night.

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:woohoo:

Finally got around to resizing the view photos. This is copied and pasted from the BC Room View Thread where I also posted it. :flower1:

:thanks:

Hi everybody, posting from Walt Disney World! Not staying at the Beach Club this trip, but I was there yesterday and today so I thought I would post a few photos of the painting/construction:

Also, here are a few photos from construction at the International Gateway. I am in the group that feels the new Skyliner is an absolute travesty to the Epcot Resorts area! OK, maybe that’s a little dramatic, but you get my feeling. One of the reasons we love Beach Club so much is for the quiet peacefulness and the beautiful walk to Epcot. I am worried the Skyliner and the hundreds or thousands of people it will be bringing to that area every day will replace this forever.

Thanks for the pictures.

Yikes!

:magnify:

We checked out of the Beach Club last Friday and we had a wonderful room. I booked standard view, but it felt like a garden view. I’m not sure if we were upgraded, or if it was just a great standard. Our view was of some green space and the sidewalk that takes you to the Epcot back path. My room was 2584. It had a full balcony, 2 queen beds, a daybed, and a bath tub. It was also very convenient to the lobby without being close enough to hear any noise.

Thanks for the info about your room!

Any chance you have a view picture?

:goodvibes

This whole pool refurbishment possibility has me concerned. My wife and I go in October for our 25th anniversary and we plan to spend lots of time at SAB. We usually do the pool all day and then a park or dinner in the evening (we’re doing V&A this trip!!). Does anyone have any more info on this to help ease my fears?

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I have not heard any additional info, so at this point we do not have a reported date that the work will be performed. We will definitely post anything concrete we learn here and in the first post of the thread.

:sad2:

Hello,

Not late August, but I got one for early September 180 days +1 out. Form past experience, I have been able to secure a table there usually one to two days before a trip as other guests cancel. That did, however, require a lot of re-checking the website frequently the day or two before the trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter