Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

ICYMI

New bus boards display at the resorts

This is obviously not the Yacht/Beach Club- does anyone know if this display is now showing at Y&B?

:magnify:

LOVE the new display!:)

38946741775_64e1238eeb_h.jpg

Old Display
32553956342_394b538014_c.jpg

Page 1133-34

We recently made a change from BC to Yacht Club for our 4/21-4/29 stay. Please make our change on the Be Our Guest List.

We were able to save $1200 with the switch when taking advantage of the current discount. Only Club Level rooms were available with the discount at BC.

Thank you so much! Can't wait for our visit!

Got it!

:goodvibes

We've changed our dates for this summer so we will now be at the BC over July 4th again! We were there for the 4th in 2015 and 2016 and missed being there on the holiday last year. We will be there June 26-July 5, after 1 night Pop and 4 nights POFQ. The first 5 nights are subject to change once the AP discounts come out, I'd really like to go back to AKL but it depends on the discount.

What are your BC dates? July 1-5?

:dogdance:

Hi! Been reading along for a very long time and finally booked my reservation from July 23-26. We are staying in garden/woods view room and I would like to be placed in a room other than those facing Epcot or back to the villas as those appear to have a very woodsy view - I would prefer more of the garden and hoping for a "crane your neck to see the water" location:). Can anyone recommend how I should word that request on my reservation? Thank you!

I'll add you to the list.

As Wood Nymph said, some of the Garden View rooms that overlook the volleyball court have peek-a-boo water views.

:cool1:

Thanks! We will be staying at BC from 3/20-3/27 :) Thanks for adding us!

I'll add the dates to your listing.

:thumbsup2

Page 1133-34

Got it!

What are your BC dates? July 1-5?

As Wood Nymph said, some of the Garden View rooms that overlook the volleyball court have peek-a-boo water views.

I'll add the dates to your listing.

June 26-July 5

Page 1135

Dee, please change our info on the BOG list. We are no longer going 9/6 - 9/16/18. Instead we are 12/7 - 12/14 (CBR) and then 12/14 - 12/18 (BC). Thanks.

Will do!

Just made a reservation for Dec 16-23 and will be coming home to BCV foe our first time! My wife and I have stayed there with her parents a few times but this will be our first stay with our little ones on our own! We are so excited!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15

Hi everyone. We're headed to the Beach Club (our first stay there!) in about 10 days and am thinking about trying Safeway grocery delivery as I think Garden Grocer has gotten so expensive! Has anyone else used them and had any issues? I've read that the delivery times are limited for Garden Grocer to this resort, is this the same for all deliveries there? Don't want any issues, but not interested in overpaying for a few groceries either. Very interested in your opinions. Thanks!

I'll add you to the list for end of Jan.

I have never used a grocery delivery service, so I'll leave your question to others for their feedback.

::yes::

:woohoo:So excited to get to stay here one night during my upcoming my February trip! My sister will be running the PHM and we're making it our second annual sister trip as well :) We'll only be down there for 5 nights, but are going to do a split stay...in three resorts ;) We've done two before, and since it's just her and I it's a fun way to get to hang out in some of our favorite places :D We've stayed in the BCV in December of 2015, but this is our first time staying in Beach Club :D Looking forward to relaxing after her run, whether our room's ready early or not. And then send our luggage off in the morning and walking through IG :love: Love this thread and seeing all the pictures and recommendations! So excited to spend even one night here! We have a Lagoon/Pool view (cause that's what was available and the "cheapest" ;) lol)
:yay:

:welcome: back!

We are staying at BCV in early March.. our first time, very excited! We are huge CBR fans but with the construction we've had to look elsewhere. I am worried about missing a few things at CBR, mainly the relaxed Caribbean vibe. But Beach Club looks gorgeous as well and it's always been a bit of a dream of mine to stay there. I do think we will miss the many quick service options that CBR *had*, but I'm hoping between the Boardwalk spots and Beach Club Marketplace we will get by.

:woohoo:

Don't forget the convenience of slipping into EPCOT for a quick meal- breakfast in France, lunch or dinner at either a quick service or sit down place in the World Showcase.

Purchased a last minute short Disney trip last night and am staying for the first time at the Beach Club. Will be there on Thursday and Friday. :stitch::goofy:

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

Have a fantastic stay!!!

We just booked 10 nights at Yacht Club at the end of May. We’ve stayed at BC but this is our first stay in YC. We are booked in a garden or woods view. What info can you give me on location and views? Do they all have nice sized balconies or patios. I feel like our balcony at BC was really small.

As others have indicated almost all of the YC rooms have full balconies.

To get a sample of some views available by category, there is a thread of "Yacht Club Room Views" on the Resort Community subforum.

:woohoo:

For those who have stayed at both YC & BC which resort do you prefer and why?

I like the proximity to Epcot with the beach club location but I think I prefer the newly refurbished look of the yacht club rooms with the hard flooring, extra storage/huge cabinet space, and Keurig coffee machines.

Why do you prefer either BC or YC?

I would gladly stay at either, the tipping point for me is probably "which offers the best price/discount at the time I am booking"

If cost is not a factor, I have a slim preference for BC because I like the brighter, blue décor and the slightly closer proximity to EPCOT.

However, the lure of the full balconies vs. the coin toss of a full balcony at BC is a plus for YC.

:bored:

Page 1136-1137

Please add me to the "Be Our Guest" List - will be there from 6/21 thru 6/28. First time for 4 out of 5 in the party - everyone can't wait for a day at SAB

Will do!!!

Beach Club?

90 days is currently for the new CL FastPass $50x3 they're offering. Supposedly, with that add-on you can book your "free" 3 at 90 days also.

Just want to say :welcome: to the thread.

:wave2:

I'm slowly making my way through the resorts. The Yacht Club will be number 13. I've done online checkin but can't remember when I get to add a room request. I had expected it to be part of online checkin, but it wasn't. My only request is a high floor and it won't make or break my vacation if I don't get it, but wondering when room requests are made.

When is your trip?

We are confirmed for 5/13-5/17 Garden/Woods View at the BC!

Since there will be five of us in one room, do we need to request a room with a daybed?

Thanks!

If everyone in your room is over the age of 3, you will have priority for a daybed over a group that is just requesting one. There are rare circumstances when groups with 5 people have been assigned to a room without a daybed, and a rollaway was provided.

If you are assigned a room without a daybed when you arrive, definitely go to the front desk to check about what else may be available.

I don't know if it will help to request a daybed, but it won't hurt. If it were my stay, I would list it as a secondary request:

"Full balcony, please. Family/Party of 5, room with daybed please"

Does anyone know if Beach or yacht lounges or pool bar has a T.V. that would be playing the super bowl?

I asked a friend who works at the resort about where the Superbowl might be viewed. After asking around, we were told it will be shown at Martha's Vineyard lounge and probably the Solarium. I guess the recreation dept is in charge of the Solarium. They now leave the remote in the Solarium, so guests can tune to the channel they want when they are in there.

:cheer2:

My very dear friend Teena, former lobby greeter at the Beach Club is a lifelong Eagles fan, as many of you know, the Patriots are my team :duck: I was there with them during the lean, dark years and still have trouble believing the success they have had recently. I don't trash talk, but I will be rooting for New England even if the rest of the country is not.

Last edited:
I was there with them during the lean, dark years and still have trouble believing the success they have had in recent years. I don't trash talk, but I will be rooting for New England even if the rest of the country is not.

Lean and dark -that's an extremely generous way of putting it, lol. I think I may be still suffering some of the effects of Pats-based childhood trauma. :teeth:

Dee, you can add Jim and me to the list for Sept. 28-Oct. 5 . We are going with my son and his family for their fall break. They are also bringing along friends of theirs. They just love showing friends the Beach Club and the parks, as long as mom comes along with her cast discount! Staying club level with them.

If everyone in your room is over the age of 3, you will have priority for a daybed over a group that is just requesting one. There are rare circumstances when groups with 5 people have been assigned to a room without a daybed, and a rollaway was provided.

If you are assigned a room without a daybed when you arrive, definitely go to the front desk to check about what else may be available.

I don't know if it will help to request a daybed, but it won't hurt. If it were my stay, I would list it as a secondary request:

"Full balcony, please. Family/Party of 5, room with daybed please"

Thanks so much!

argh finally catching up on about 15 pages of threads as I was busy since the holidays, all good reading tonight thank you :)

Just wanted to say that we were there for the superbowl at the Contemporary and they had the huge blow up screen and had a superbowl watching party, maybe that might be in the works?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter