Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi there!

I am doing my online check-in and see there is an area where you can request room features. We have rented points and are staying in a standard studio villa and on Touring Plans it looks like there are standard studios facing the pool, which look quite nice. I was thinking of asking for a room facing the pool on the first floor, for easy access. What do experienced BC'ers think?

There's no such thing as standard view at BCV. All the studios are the same category. Having said that yes there are rooms that face the quiet pool. I personally hate a 1st floor room but I know a lot of people like them. I've had a pool view many times at BCV (we own there). You'll need to ask the person you rented from to put in the room request for you. Keep in mind it's a request only. Have them request quiet pool view first floor, but do keep in mind that could mean a room at the end of the hall which is closer to the canal & parking lot then the pool. I think the quiet pool view rooms are a little quieter than the rooms that face the woods (sometimes road noise but not always) but I tend to be out of the room most of the day when people are at the pool. It's normally very quiet at night & you get a nice view of the sunrise in the morning if you're an early riser.

So question for anyone that's stayed CL recently. When I was down last month (not at YC or BC) I was so, so sad to see they've removed the freshly made chips from the BC Marketplace. Are they still serving them in the lounge? I could eat those chips all day every day.

@natebenma - can you add my dates to the guest list? I can't justify the cost of more than a 2 night stay anymore so I'm doing a split stay between YC CL & BCV in May. YC dates are 5/12-14. Thanks!

Hi,

Next trip we think we will do Yacht instead of Beach Club.

I do have a question - I understand they re-themed Captain's Grille to another table service, but I'm confused about a quick service.
Did they get rid of the gift shop entirely in the Yacht Club for a quick service?
If needed to buy bagels or things of that nature, I would need to go to Beach Club?
No store at all for t-shirts, etc?

thanks!
They made things extra confusing at the Yacht Club by closing the old Captains Grille and renaming it Ale and Compass Restaurant. And they named the quick service The Marketplace at Ale and Compass. It would have been less confusing if they gave them different names.

Last edited:
So excited to be returning to the YC in June 2018! We just returned from a 6 day stay (stayed @ OKW) and took advantage of booking the bounceback offer, getting 30% off our room only (we are AP holders). Since this will be a trip with no free dining, we decided to book a CL room to take advantage of easy breakfasts and snacks throughout the day. We have never stayed CL anywhere, so this will be exciting! Plus, DD (15) will be bringing her best friend with us. Looking forward to a great summer vacation!

There is another change for departing guests, besides the earlier pick-up times for the DME. For those guests using RAC:

The pick-ups from YC/BC usually have the following sequence, depending on demand:
YC, BC, BWI, and CBR.​
If pick-up must be a minimum of 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure, that means 4 hours from the last stop. So, add some time to that 4 hours, if being picked up from YC/BC.

No, it's approximately 4 hours from YOUR flight. Travel time is built into the 4 hours.

I have taken ME every years since it began. Our pickup was always approximately 3 hours whether we were the first pick up or the last pick up.

No, it's approximately 4 hours from YOUR flight. Travel time is built into the 4 hours. I have taken ME every years since it began. Our pickup was always approximately 3 hours whether we were the first pick up or the last pick up.
For example, my flight is at 11:50am. Per DME my pick-up will be 7:40am. Not quite 4 hours but close. I am glad to see I can do bag drop off before I leave. Just wish I could have had breakfast at the new Ale and Compass like I had planned.
Katesdad

I just heard something on TV about carry on luggage. I believe the newscaster said that anything bigger than your cell phone is not allowed in your carry on. I usually keep my laptop in my carry on. Has anyone else heard this or experience this on your flights?

Maybe he was mistaken and he meant checked luggage because of the batteries catching fire.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

No, it's approximately 4 hours from YOUR flight. Travel time is built into the 4 hours.

I have taken ME every years since it began. Our pickup was always approximately 3 hours whether we were the first pick up or the last pick up.
I, too, have used DME for many years. My pick-up times, whether from YC or BC, have varied - sometimes under three hours, sometimes more than 3 hours, depending on the pick-ups, scheduled every 30 minutes.

I called DME on the phone, since the recent change to a minimum of four hours, and the original pick-up time for my next trip was going to be almost 4-1/2 hours, prior to my flight's scheduled departure. The revised pick-up time will now be shortly under T-4, since I have TSA Pre. They were allowing almost 30 minutes for drive time and pick-up at two additional resorts.

We all know that times can vary, based on number of stops, how far apart they are, and how many guests are boarding at each stop.

All of the times are approximate, and can always change, depending on circumstances. The important information is the additional one hour being added, per TSA directive for MCO.

I just heard something on TV about carry on luggage. I believe the newscaster said that anything bigger than your cell phone is not allowed in your carry on. I usually keep my laptop in my carry on. Has anyone else heard this or experience this on your flights?

Maybe he was mistaken and he meant checked luggage because of the batteries catching fire.

Not true. Laptops, tablets, etc. are all still allowed in carry ons. They just may require additional screening. I think you are right on he meant checked bags for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Not true. Laptops, tablets, etc. are all still allowed in carry ons. They just may require additional screening. I think you are right on he meant checked bags for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Anything larger than a cell phone must be removed from your carry on luggage and placed in separate bins for screening. :)

Afternoon Everyone. I've been swamped at work and only caught up through page 1043. Goodness, I have a lot to read in less than a week...

Dee, please add us to Beach Club December 1-11.

Sorry for the usual questions that can potentially drive everyone batty, but this is our first beach club stay so it feels all new again. I am really worried we won't like it after all our YC stays (love new room, bus stop and balcony) and am actually very nervous for this trip.

Had to book an agency deal for the 1st time since there were no good discounts. So we have a standard room. (At YC stay garden and then request gazebo, king and high floor - and been very lucky with this request) Via the travel agent I requested a balcony and fireworks view (for whatever that means at BC). Balcony is important to us since we have the 3 year old sleeping during naps and in the evening and fireworks view since we are in for the night half of trip by that time. I realize that there are very few balcony rooms and don't even know if is it possible to see the fireworks.

Any other suggestions for room requests?
Assume, like YC, call housekeeping to request early cleaning.
Do you call or fax requests?

Thanks everyone.

Had to book an agency deal for the 1st time since there were no good discounts. So we have a standard room. (At YC stay garden and then request gazebo, king and high floor - and been very lucky with this request) Via the travel agent I requested a balcony and fireworks view (for whatever that means at BC). Balcony is important to us since we have the 3 year old sleeping during naps and in the evening and fireworks view since we are in for the night half of trip by that time. I realize that there are very few balcony rooms and don't even know if is it possible to see the fireworks.
We've booked a standard room several times now for the same reason you did. The majority of standard rooms overlook a huge flat roof and either face Storm Along Bay or the parking lot side. Standard view rooms with full balconies are just about 50%. Most of the rooms in this section have full balconies on the third floor and standing balconies on the 4th floor. Club level rooms are just above these rooms. We find these rooms convenient to the lobby. We always request a full balcony. Most of the rooms facing the main pool have a view of the fireworks from Hollywood Studio, but not Illuminations. There have been reports of seeing the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the parking lot side of the resort.

We've booked a standard room several times now for the same reason you did. The majority of standard rooms overlook a huge flat roof and either face Storm Along Bay or the parking lot side. Standard view rooms with full balconies are just about 50%. Most of the rooms in this section have full balconies on the third floor and standing balconies on the 4th floor. Club level rooms are just above these rooms. We find these rooms convenient to the lobby. We always request a full balcony. Most of the rooms facing the main pool have a view of the fireworks from Hollywood Studio, but not Illuminations. There have been reports of seeing the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the parking lot side of the resort.
Thanks so much. Do you think I should just request 3rd floor full balcony? Close to lobby, full balcony (really don't want 1st floor)? We definitely do want to be closer to lobby with 3 year old - one reason for gazebo view request at yc.

Do you ever call or fax in your requests for BC?

Thanks so much. Do you think I should just request 3rd floor full balcony? Close to lobby, full balcony (really don't want 1st floor)? We definitely do want to be closer to lobby with 3 year old - one reason for gazebo view request at yc.

:welcome: back!

I have some info about room requests on Page 1, Post 13. I have been told that it is best to call in your requests. The office staff do not have adequate personnel to attend to the faxes they receive.

:goodvibes

:welcome: back!

I have some info about room requests on Page 1, Post 13. I have been told that it is best to call in your requests. The office staff do not have adequate personnel to attend to the faxes they receive.

:goodvibes
Thanks I will call. I just read your post about 40-50 pages back. Now just have to figure out my exact requests.

Thanks I will call. I just read your post about 40-50 pages back. Now just have to figure out my exact requests.
I think you need to figure them out and then most importantly prioritize them. I limit requests to only 1 or 2 at most. The more you request the less likely you are to get them.
I don’t think there are any first floor Standard rooms so I wouldn’t worry about that. Is a full balcony or near Lobby more important to you?

I usually call to add my requests to the reservation. I always ask for a full balcony and that’s all. I want to make sure I get the most important request. :)

I usually call to add my requests to the reservation. I always ask for a full balcony and that’s all. I want to make sure I get the most important request. :)

How far in advance do you call? If I made the requests when I booked the reservation, so I still need to call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter