Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions: Room Refurbs Complete 2017

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1095-1097

Glad you were able to vent here with people who understand!

That's also kind of frustrating about not being able to make an ADR at the new Ale & Compass and getting so much conflicting info about availability. If you haven't tried calling the dining line (that's still a thing, right?), I would suggest doing that either now or once the restaurant is officially open.

::yes::

AWWW!!! Thanks! Yes, everyone who posts here is so helpful and kind!

I'll add your dates to the list.

:goodvibes

YAY!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Glad to add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Got it!

:thumbsup2

Here's your official :welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. December?

The people who post here are incredibly helpful, so if you have any questions, ask away.

:cool2:

I am thrilled you had such a great stay!

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:36 AM
    em36 likes this.
  2. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

I believe I am up-to-date on the Be Our Guest list.

Once again, I urge you to take a look and let me know if you have any additions/changes/clarification to your listing

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

5. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:34 PM
    Hopefully and Wood Nymph like this.
  6. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Mouseketeer

We're going in December...9-15. I just checked for lunch and dinner on a few of those dates, keep getting this error message:

We were unable to check for available tables at this time.A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later.

7. Disney Bear

Disney Bear Earning My Ears

which dates exactly? I have just tried for the 12th Dec for diner and got multiple times

Crazyhorse likes this.
  8. Disney Bear

Maybe they fixed an issue? I can select diner on everyday between 9th and 15th

9. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Mouseketeer

Yeah! It's working!

10. Disney Bear

Excellent!

11. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

Does anyone have/know where I can find the number to the back-of-house reservations line directly at the Yacht Club? I’m getting married there soon and it’s really important to me to have a room that faces the Gazebo (we chose a garden/woods room view). When booking the room I had the CM add my request to the reservation notes, but I also read online somewhere I should try to call the resort directly the week of the wedding to politely remind the back-of-house of the room note. Just wanted to get a head start on tracking down that number because I’m sure it won’t be easy to find! TIA! :)

12. PPFlight75

PPFlight75 Mouseketeer

5 more days and we will be at the BC for Thanksgiving week.

So excited!

:jumping1:

13. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

The system still has glitches, apparently. Earlier, today, I had no problems with it. I again checked about 15 minutes ago, for multiple dates/times, and was able to find availability on 5 or 6 random dates/times. Then, all of a sudden, it was not working and came up with the same error message you received.

14. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

You must be getting really excited about your upcoming wedding! Fingers crossed for a beautiful day for the ceremony.

This is the number you should use to contact the Yacht Club.

407-934-7000

If you misplace it, it is posted on Page 1, Post 9 (Yacht Club info) and also in Post 13 (FAQ)

need2travel and ALegrande like this.
  15. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

NateBenMa - have we ever confirmed that when you dial that phone number, the person who answers the phone is actually AT the Yacht Club rather at some off-site call center? (I have read that when you are in your room at a Disney hotel and you think you are calling the front desk, the person who answers is at an off-site call center. I wonder if the same thing happens if you dial the phone number listed above.)

16. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

I can attest that this is a very good phone number for calling in room requests, if your check-in date is about 5-9 days away. You may not end up speaking with the back office at the resort (I believe they may answer with something like "guest services"), but the CM will ask for your name and check-in date and your room requests. When checking in at the Front Desk, I have always found those room requests have been notated in my reservation. There is hardly ever a wait for a CM to answer, when calling this phone number, unlike when calling the Disney reservations line to add room requests.

17. MuppetFan418

MuppetFan418 Mouseketeer

No need to apologize!!! I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes. I hope that you do not have to spend the holidays alone! :worried:

Maxie86 likes this.
  18. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

I'm just wondering if the wedding planning division within the WDW organization can help you here? I would think they have some contact with the YC since it is their gazebo that is being used. Perhaps they have a way to help make sure you get the room view you want. I hope you have a very magical day, the weather cooperates, and all goes as planned.
    Katesdad

19. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

The MDE room request options seem to be working, again - at least, for the moment. :)

20. lsg1

lsg1 Mouseketeer

The only choices I see are ground floor, upper floor, lower floor and water view. Isn't the view part of what you purchase? (I have a garden or woods view). I called in to request a room close to the lobby or elevators. I wish this was one of the online requests just to make sure. Last year we had a very long walk to our room (also garden/woods view) and we overlooked the quiet pool. I would rather be closer to the elevator at least.

21. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

Previous options included close to lobby, close to elevator, close to transportation, etc.; that water view option is an error, but not as bad as the time the YC options included grand stand section or overlooking paddock, which were for Saratoga Springs.