Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I normally spend Christmas with my brother and his family. They called me two weeks ago and said they have decided to spend this Christmas at Disney World. So I'm planning a trip for them, at the last minute, to go at one of the busiest times of the year, to my favorite place, but I'm not invited, and it means I will be alone on Christmas Day. My sister-in-law looked at the menus, and I booked ADRs for them. But she emailed me today and has decided that she doesn't like the looks of the menu at one place after all and thinks they should eat somewhere else. So now I need to find a different restaurant which will suit them, and which somebody hopefully will cancel because almost everything is full at this point.

Okay, vent over. The reason I am posting here (other than the fact that you are lovely people who will let me rant)

my heart broke for you. I'm sorry. It is one thing to go on a holiday vacay, but another to not invite, ask you to plan, then complain.
you're a saint.
i am sorry you will be on your own Christmas Day. I hope you are able to pamper yourself sometime that week. And, maybe, volunteer with some sort of church/soup kitchen holiday meal. I know sometimes organizations host those events on different days, so maybe visit a nursing home. I know there are folks who are super lonely that never get any visitors. A little holiday cheer from you will make their holiday brighter.
I wish you a very merry and blessed Christmas season.

my heart broke for you. I'm sorry. It is one thing to go on a holiday vacay, but another to not invite, ask you to plan, then complain.
you're a saint.
i am sorry you will be on your own Christmas Day. I hope you are able to pamper yourself sometime that week. And, maybe, volunteer with some sort of church/soup kitchen holiday meal. I know sometimes organizations host those events on different days, so maybe visit a nursing home. I know there are folks who are super lonely that never get any visitors. A little holiday cheer from you will make their holiday brighter.
I wish you a very merry and blessed Christmas season.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I should look into volunteering that day. (But knowing me, I'll probably go to the Star Wars movie instead.)

We have added 2 nights to our BC stay. We are now staying July 7-16, 2018. Thanks for all you do on this tread! I don't post much yet, but read multiple times a day. We are heading to central Florida for Thanksgiving to visit my MIL and heading to Disney to look at all of the decorations, shop at Disney Springs, and have dinner at Citricos. Can't wait! Need to get my Disney fix any way I can!
So, just booked a room at CBR for one night...couldn't pass up the opportunity! We are going to surprise the girls with spending the night (they just think we are going to look at decorations and have dinner). Room selection was slim, so we chose CBR for this one night Disney fix because have never stayed there and some of our best friends will be at the same resort that week. I can't wait!

Page 1093-1094

Updates to Be Our Guest list.

Can you add us to the list
June 23 to 30th, split stay BC(4) & CR(3)

Sure will!

:cool1:

I am Jan 6-10. Thanks for all you do for the thread!:yay:

Thanks for the clarification on dates!

My pleasure.

:goodvibes

I don't remember not being specific with our dates. We'll be the from May 16-22. Thanks.

I'll add the dates.

:)

We have added 2 nights to our BC stay. We are now staying July 7-16, 2018. Thanks for all you do on this tread! I don't post much yet, but read multiple times a day. We are heading to central Florida for Thanksgiving to visit my MIL and heading to Disney to look at all of the decorations, shop at Disney Springs, and have dinner at Citricos. Can't wait! Need to get my Disney fix any way I can!

More days of fun!

:woohoo:

I was finally able to change my rack rate at POFQ to the Beach Club with my passholder discount. Still pretty pricey at $370 a night, I usually pay that for club level and this is for a lagoon/pool view. Oh well, Merry Christmas to me!!!

Our dates are 11/28 to 12/3

YAY!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:santa:

Page 1095-1097

Okay, vent over. The reason I am posting here (other than the fact that you are lovely people who will let me rant) -

Does anybody know when the new Ale & Compass restaurant at the Yacht Club is opening?

I can't tell if they're not accepting reservations for the end of December because they will not be open yet, or if they are accepting reservations but are completely booked.

Glad you were able to vent here with people who understand!

That's also kind of frustrating about not being able to make an ADR at the new Ale & Compass and getting so much conflicting info about availability. If you haven't tried calling the dining line (that's still a thing, right?), I would suggest doing that either now or once the restaurant is officially open.

::yes::

Thank you natebenma for moderating the best thread and to everyone who posts! The dates for our December trip are Dec 5-18, split stay with GF and YC; 23 days and hyperventilating I am so excited!

AWWW!!! Thanks! Yes, everyone who posts here is so helpful and kind!

I'll add your dates to the list.

:goodvibes

Heading to our first stay at the YC! September 1st thru 9th. So excited always stay at BC

YAY!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Hi, Dee.

We are excited to be staying at BC from June 9-15. Would you mind adding my family to the BOG list?

Glad to add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Our exact dates are January 28 - February 2 at the Yacht Club. Thanks so much!

Got it!

:thumbsup2

Thank you. This was the only page I found that gave me an option to write a post. The crazy thing is I have posted a question before...must have been beginners luck

Here's your official :welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. December?

The people who post here are incredibly helpful, so if you have any questions, ask away.

:cool2:

Thank you so much!!!! We spent 4 hours in the pool and was practically the only ones in it! Such a magical place!!! Loved every aspect of that place! Can't wait to go back hopefully as a DVC member!!! WHoot!

I am thrilled you had such a great stay!

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Ale & Compass Restaurant can now be booked online. Whatever the problem was, it's fixed - at least for now.

Though the booking calendar allows you to select dates starting 10/17/2017, the first date that the system will actually reserve is 11/26/2017.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass/

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...b-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q1wo1102171108170029A

We're going in December...9-15. I just checked for lunch and dinner on a few of those dates, keep getting this error message:

We were unable to check for available tables at this time.A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later.

We're going in December...9-15. I just checked for lunch and dinner on a few of those dates, keep getting this error message:

We were unable to check for available tables at this time.A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later.

which dates exactly? I have just tried for the 12th Dec for diner and got multiple times

Does anyone have/know where I can find the number to the back-of-house reservations line directly at the Yacht Club? I’m getting married there soon and it’s really important to me to have a room that faces the Gazebo (we chose a garden/woods room view). When booking the room I had the CM add my request to the reservation notes, but I also read online somewhere I should try to call the resort directly the week of the wedding to politely remind the back-of-house of the room note. Just wanted to get a head start on tracking down that number because I’m sure it won’t be easy to find! TIA! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter