Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I normally spend Christmas with my brother and his family. They called me two weeks ago and said they have decided to spend this Christmas at Disney World. So I'm planning a trip for them, at the last minute, to go at one of the busiest times of the year, to my favorite place, but I'm not invited, and it means I will be alone on Christmas Day. My sister-in-law looked at the menus, and I booked ADRs for them. But she emailed me today and has decided that she doesn't like the looks of the menu at one place after all and thinks they should eat somewhere else. So now I need to find a different restaurant which will suit them, and which somebody hopefully will cancel because almost everything is full at this point.

Okay, vent over. The reason I am posting here (other than the fact that you are lovely people who will let me rant) -

Does anybody know when the new Ale & Compass restaurant at the Yacht Club is opening?

I can't tell if they're not accepting reservations for the end of December because they will not be open yet, or if they are accepting reservations but are completely booked.

I normally spend Christmas with my brother and his family. They called me two weeks ago and said they have decided to spend this Christmas at Disney World. So I'm planning a trip for them, at the last minute, to go at one of the busiest times of the year, to my favorite place, but I'm not invited, and it means I will be alone on Christmas Day. My sister-in-law looked at the menus, and I booked ADRs for them. But she emailed me today and has decided that she doesn't like the looks of the menu at one place after all and thinks they should eat somewhere else. So now I need to find a different restaurant which will suit them, and which somebody hopefully will cancel because almost everything is full at this point.

Okay, vent over. The reason I am posting here (other than the fact that you are lovely people who will let me rant) -

Does anybody know when the new Ale & Compass restaurant at the Yacht Club is opening?

I can't tell if they're not accepting reservations for the end of December because they will not be open yet, or if they are accepting reservations but are completely booked.
I'm so sorry that your family has blinders on; perhaps you can drop hints that WDW around Christmas is one of the most beautiful times to visit, how wonderful it will be, and how you will miss being with them for the holidays. Maybe it just never occurred to them that you would enjoy being there, as well.

There just might be a glitch for Ale & Compass online bookings - especially for this year. I would definitely call, and just not assume there is no availability.

I hope everything works out for you.

Pull off a Christmas surprise. Plan a 4 night solo trip. It can be a lot of fun planning your days exactly how you want to. Stay at a different resort, but add yourself to the Christmas dinner reservation and be their Christmas surprise!

From one Auntie to another--I'm so sorry! I love my nieces more than life itself but I know that there will be times when I am not included in my sister and her family's plans. And, when those times come, I'm sure it will hurt like heck. :hug:

:offtopic: Does anyone know if you can use Starbucks rewards for a free coffee, from the Starbucks app, at the Starbucks in the parks?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Although you can use the app at the Starbucks locations in the parks, and you will earn stars on your purchases, NO, you cannot redeem rewards for free beverages at the Starbucks locations in the parks. You can redeem rewards for free beverages at the Disney Springs locations though.

Although you can use the app at the Starbucks locations in the parks, and you will earn stars on your purchases, NO, you cannot redeem rewards for free beverages at the Starbucks locations in the parks. You can redeem rewards for free beverages at the Disney Springs locations though.

thanks- I guess I'll have to load up my Starbucks card- my DH will drink ONLY Starbucks coffee!! I told him he's a 'Starbucks snob'!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Pull off a Christmas surprise. Plan a 4 night solo trip. It can be a lot of fun planning your days exactly how you want to. Stay at a different resort, but add yourself to the Christmas dinner reservation and be their Christmas surprise!

Sorry, is is a bad idea. Sometimes parents want time with just their own family. There have been many threads over the years complaining about family members or friends inviting themselves on vacations. Those posters get advice to speak up & take back their vacations. Plenty of posters talk about how much they prefer being with just their family.

I can just see the post after this kind of surprise. "We decided to take our kids on a magical vacation for Christmas. My SIL likes to plan Disney trips so she helped us. We didn't get the family trip we really wanted because there she was on Christmas Day......".

Inviting yourself on a family member's vacation, especially on a major holiday is a good way to start family drama.

I have caught up on reading posts and updates to the Be Our Guest list.

I would appreciate if everyone could take a peek and let me know if I need to make any additions/changes/updates to the list.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes
Thank you natebenma for moderating the best thread and to everyone who posts! The dates for our December trip are Dec 5-18, split stay with GF and YC; 23 days and hyperventilating I am so excited!

Sorry, is is a bad idea. Sometimes parents want time with just their own family. There have been many threads over the years complaining about family members or friends inviting themselves on vacations. Those posters get advice to speak up & take back their vacations. Plenty of posters talk about how much they prefer being with just their family.

I can just see the post after this kind of surprise. "We decided to take our kids on a magical vacation for Christmas. My SIL likes to plan Disney trips so she helped us. We didn't get the family trip we really wanted because there she was on Christmas Day......".

Inviting yourself on a family member's vacation, especially on a major holiday is a good way to start family drama.
While I empathize with Best Aunt, I have to agree with focusondisney here. That said, perhaps Best Aunt can plan a short getaway or even special day for for just herself and her niece(s)/nephew(s) to take place when they get back from vacation; this will give her something to look forward to and might get her "through" the holiday without them.

Sorry for venting. I am not planning to invite myself on my brother's family's trip. It just pushed me over the edge when SIL complained when I had managed to book the restaurant which she had chosen.

So is Ale & Compass open? I can call, but often people here know more than people who work the Disney phone lines.

Sorry for venting. I am not planning to invite myself on my brother's family's trip. It just pushed me over the edge when SIL complained when I had managed to book the restaurant which she had chosen.

So is Ale & Compass open? I can call, but often people here know more than people who work the Disney phone lines.
It is not open yet.

It is not open yet.

After 15 minutes on hold, the Disney Dining phone line person said they (Ale and Compass restaurant table service, not Marketplace) are already open. But you don't always get accurate info on the phone.

Last edited:
After 15 minutes on hold, the Disney Dining phone line person said they (Ale and Compass restaurant table service, not Marketplace) are already open. But you don't always get accurate info on the phone.

It opens on the 26th, so it isn't open yet but will be open for their trip. Might just not be any availability. :sad1:

It opens on the 26th, so it isn't open yet but will be open for their trip. Might just not be any availability. :sad1:
Thanks - I'm willing to search for cancellations, but not for a restaurant that wouldn't be open!

It wasn't open - no signage and paper still in the windows - when we walked by on the way to grab a quick bite at Crews Cup last night. I can check again tomorrow when we're at the pool.

Though MDE allows you to search open dates/times for the new Ale & Compass Restaurant for 11/17/2017 and beyond, it seems impossible to find openings online for this year. Is it another IT glitch?

According to several online posts, the restaurant opens on 11/26/2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter