Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

You can get an excellent view of the high fireworks from Illuminations along with the music from the bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk. Illuminations lasts about 12 minutes.

You won't be able to see the lower part of the show with the projections on the globe, but the high fireworks are good along with the music. You can see the high Star Wars fireworks from the BC/YC area but won't hear music. The show time for Star Wars varies during the year and the show has been shown at earlier times when sunset is early.

Ground floors rooms with a garden view will be right next to the sidewalk and get a lot of foot traffic. If you don't mind having people walk past your room than a pation is nice. The best patios are with the lagoon view rooms that have a view of the lake. There are patios around the quiet poo, too. If you booked a standard view roomor club level than you won't get a ground floor room. :)

OK, thanks for letting me know. We are booked standard, so it's a non issue. Thank you

Why is it that time moves so slowly for these few weeks but so fast the rest of the time?

There's pre-Disney time that goes fast? I've never experienced this phenomenon.

There are patios around the quiet poo, too. If you booked a standard view room or club level than you won't get a ground floor room. :)

Where do I get one of these patios?!?! With a 2yo and 5yo I haven't had a quiet poo in longer than I can remember.

Note to self...do not book YC for a few reasons:
  1. My height (5'3.5")
  2. DD2's height (just touching 5')
  3. DD1's height (her license lists her height as...wait for it...4'10" :rolleyes1:ssst::duck::joker:)
My maternal side are all short too, I feel your pain. I'm 5' 2.5" my sister is 4' 10 and my mum 4'8" my poor late Nan was 4' ! I struggle with bed heights too, I need a boost to climb in and have to be careful leaving them during either night or day.

Odd question. Do the QS places at Y&B sell those Starbucks double shots in the can? I usually need a caffeine fix around lunchtime if I want to avoid a migraine and I'd rather not take time out in the parks to hunt down some coffee.

Can anyone confirm or deny the following two pieces of information about YC?

1. Do standard view rooms on the front of the resort currently overlook the convention center construction? Or do trees block that mess?

2. Is the gift shop scheduled to be done before July is over as planned?

I can answer no 2. The gift shop will be open this Tuesday 7/25/17

Has anyone who has stayed on the newly furnished Yacht Club club level rooms had any problems with the in-room WiFi? The signal is so weak it keeps disconnecting or doesn't connect at all. This is on all apple and android devices, so I know it's not our device. When we go in the hallway or are in the club lounge it works fine. Unfortunately they said all they can do is put in a ticket with their outside vendor to come out, but there's a good chance we will have checked out before it ever get resolved. Apparently there's a router/modem that controls each block of rooms and ours is either bad or needs to be reset or needs a booster put on it. Very disappointing for a club level deluxe resort.

Has anyone who has stayed on the newly furnished Yacht Club club level rooms had any problems with the in-room WiFi? The signal is so weak it keeps disconnecting or doesn't connect at all. This is on all apple and android devices, so I know it's not our device. When we go in the hallway or are in the club lounge it works fine. Unfortunately they said all they can do is put in a ticket with their outside vendor to come out, but there's a good chance we will have checked out before it ever get resolved. Apparently there's a router/modem that controls each block of rooms and ours is either bad or needs to be reset or needs a booster put on it. Very disappointing for a club level deluxe resort.

I haven't had that experience at YC but I do want to state that things break and sometimes it takes time to fix them. Sorry WiFi is down in your room, but please don't let this ruin your trip. It's WiFi not the end of the world.

I haven't had that experience at YC but I do want to state that things break and sometimes it takes time to fix them. Sorry WiFi is down in your room, but please don't let this ruin your trip. It's WiFi not the end of the world.
Absolutely, however they didn't seem to want to acknowledge that there was even a problem. Add to the fact we checked in at 10:15am, and as of 2:45pm housekeeping hadn't even touched our room yet. Finally got in at 3:30pm...

Well, I agree. When we get back to our hotel room after a long day, we all get onto our devices for a little while to relax and this is a big part of our day/vacation. We are not big television watchers but we all like to surf the web and if we didn't have Wi-Fi this would be a hugh disappointment.

Natebenmama thank you so much for the Teena update. This Christmas will be our first trip back to BC since she retired. It won't be the same to not get to pin trade with Teena! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Disney Cruise! Did my first on last Christmas. It was lovely but we are glad to go back to BC this Christmas.

Can anyone confirm or deny the following two pieces of information about YC?

1. Do standard view rooms on the front of the resort currently overlook the convention center construction? Or do trees block that mess?

2. Is the gift shop scheduled to be done before July is over as planned?

Hi

We were at the BC but went over to the YC lobby to look around on Saturday morning 7/22. The gift shop was in the lobby but the worker there told me that they would be moving it back "this week". Hope that helps!

Absolutely, however they didn't seem to want to acknowledge that there was even a problem. Add to the fact we checked in at 10:15am, and as of 2:45pm housekeeping hadn't even touched our room yet. Finally got in at 3:30pm...

Mom...please ,if you are unhappy go to the front desk before you leave and speak to a manager. They will help you. The best way to approach them is to do it in a calm manner and just state the facts of why you are unhappy. They won't know that there's a problem unless you tell them. I do know you spoke to YC CL staff but if they seem indifferent go directly to front desk.

Kandi...I get it about the devices, I do, but I don't think that anyone should let no WiFi ruin a vacation. There are so many other ways to unwind at Disney and within the resort itself. And since the OP is in CL and wifi works fine there it is possible to go to the lounge for screen time. No wifi in the room is an inconvenience things happen though.

Does Disney limit how many devices you can have connected to Wi-Fi?

We recently stayed at BC. The wifi worked fine with four of us, including my two teen boys who were online all the time. I would bring the issue to someone's attention. Doesn't sound right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!