Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Somebody asked about purchasing smart water at the resort.

I just checked the DVC member website for BCV. DVC members can have items delivered to their rooms from the Beach Club Marketplace. The list has pricing info. I assume it would be the same price to purchase the item in either the Beach Club Marketplace or in the Yacht Club giftshop/food place.

Dasani Smart Water is listed as $4.25 for a 20 oz bottle.

Vitamin Water, Power-C, Dragonfruit is listed as $3.75 for a 20 oz bottle.

Vitamin Water, Rise, Orange, Zero is listed as $3.59 for a 20 oz bottle.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! We are going in October and staying at the Yacht Club (our first time staying there). Glad you got your request for a full balcony. We will have a garden/woods view and requested upper floor over the gazebo so hopefully we get both requests.

Do you know if you have a refurbished room? Is there any construction going on where your room is located? (sorry about the questions lol )

No worries about the questions but I won't be able to answer them as we are staying at the BC . We took a walk over there to look around. It did look like they were working on the 1st & 2nd floor in some of the wings when we walked by at a later date. Hopefully by the time you go all construction will be done!!

@natebenma not sure if this is in the first page but we found a staircase right by our room that leads to the backside of Cape May Cafe. It is super convenient for us when going to the pool and even to the Marketplace if you don't feel like walking the long hallways. The stairwell is located right next to the room number in the picture ( not our room ) . I want to also mention that we are pretty much right above CMC and we don't smell any fishy smell this time. I think our room in March may have been right over the kitchen where as now it's above the tables and walkway around the restaurant.
We are having a pool day today and hoping to eat at Crews Cup Lounge for dinner tonight which will be a first for us!! Here till Thursday if there are any questions

Attachments

• IMG_8407.JPG
    IMG_8407.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8409.JPG
    IMG_8409.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 52

Thanks for all the hard work! It must be exhausting!

Awww! Thanks for the kind words.

It isn't exhausting so much as trying to find the time to do everything I want to do here.

I have made lifelong friendships and connections here that I wouldn't give up for anything.

It is also nice for me to go onto my computer and do something productive. Much better than all of the negativity that is out there. That's why I'm so glad that for the most part, posters here are helpful and polite when giving information or reviews.

:goodvibes

@natebenma not sure if this is in the first page but we found a staircase right by our room that leads to the backside of Cape May Cafe. It is super convenient for us when going to the pool and even to the Marketplace if you don't feel like walking the long hallways. The stairwell is located right next to the room number in the picture ( not our room ) . I want to also mention that we are pretty much right above CMC and we don't smell any fishy smell this time. I think our room in March may have been right over the kitchen where as now it's above the tables and walkway around the restaurant.
We are having a pool day today and hoping to eat at Crews Cup Lounge for dinner tonight which will be a first for us!! Here till Thursday if there are any questions

We found this staircase to be a great way to get to SAB when we stayed CL many years ago. We prefer to be near the quiet pool and EPCOT these days, but remember that stairwell was convenient.

I have yet another question. Do you all recommend using TP for room requests, or should I ask my TA? We mainly want a full balcony. We don't care about the rest. We are booked with a standard view. Is it possible?

page 925

Do standard view CL YC rooms have views of the parking lot? Or rooftop? What is the best request to make to get a decent view and balcony? Do you know where the King cl SV are located? Tks

:welcome:

When is your trip?

My understanding is that all YC club level standard view rooms have full balconies. There is only one club level room (Water view, 5163) without a full balcony.

I'm not sure which rooms have king beds, so my advice is to request "King Bed, please" through both Disney Signature Services (is that what the IPO is called now?) and through the regular Central Reservations Office phone number. If you made your reservation through a travel agent, they will have to put in the request for you.

We have a thread where guests can post pictures of their room views and other details. Check out the rooms in the Standard View category. The rooms starting with 5XXX are club level:

Yacht Club Room Views

There are at least 6 rooms in the YC CL SV category on that thread. However, please note that we do NOT recommend requesting a specific room when you make your requests.

::yes::

Dee- Could you please take us off the BOG list? We decided to try SSR. We got an AP discount for a 2 bdr villa for $900 less than our 2 rooms at YC so we made the switch. We will miss our favorite area but are looking forward to trying something new. Hope everyone with an upcoming stay has a great one!

Will do! Have a fantastic trip!

And please report back (or private message me) about SSR. My friends and I will be staying there for 3 nights in October. I don't know much about the resort and I haven't started researching yet. Not even sure if I will (did I just say that?!?)

Just reserved a split-stay for our family of 5:

Mar 30 - Apr 2 2018 @ AoA Nemo Suite
Apr 2 - Apr 7 2018 @ BCV 2-bdr villa

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Helloooo! I'm so excited to post this. Due to a shift in plans, we just decided we will be honeymooning at WDW! We definitely want to stay at BC and I'm looking at Feb 27-March 5. We've never stayed there before. Is this a good choice for a honeymoon?

We haven't been to WDW since 2013. How soon can I book a room with a FL resident rate?

So excited to start planning!

:welcome: and advanced "Congratulations!"

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Either Beach Club or Yacht Club would be a great place for a Honeymoon. Although YC is definitely family friendly, it is a bit more laid back than the Beach Club and has full balconies for almost all of the rooms as opposed to the Beach Club, where only about 50% of the rooms have larger balconies.

:love:

Note to self: Review the first page description for differences between BC and YC with the renovation changes.

I have yet another question. Do you all recommend using TP for room requests, or should I ask my TA? We mainly want a full balcony. We don't care about the rest. We are booked with a standard view. Is it possible?
You will be able to request a full balcony if you do online check in. We always do that and they have been pretty good about granting our only request. :)

You can also ask your TA to add the request to your reservation.

page 926

Thanks for this!

I just added the link to the "Other Useful Info" post, right before the Bounceback info.

I had gotten a great bounce back rate to stay at BC mid September and was so excited, unfortunately we had to change it to later in the month and no discounted rooms (bounce back or AP) were available for BC. We have decided to go with a YC AP rate room instead, we prefer BC but I think we will be very happy with the YC refurbished room, especially since the change in dates means we could spend an extra night.

YC- Sept 28-Oct 1, 2017 :D

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15!

:cool1:

Thanks to everyone on this thread (especially natebenma) for all the useful advice. We are hoping to stay at the Yacht Club on an upcoming trip and I had a few questions I was hoping to clarify. I did review the first page of the thread but wanted to verify a few things and make sure nothing has changed. In the past we've stayed at Port Orleans and shipped ourselves a box with toiletries and some breakfast/snack items and also had a couple cases of water shipped to the resort, and we were never charged a fee by the resort. I understand some rules have changed since our last visit and that since the Yacht Club is a convention resort we may be charged a fee for receiving packages. Trying to figure out whether/how to ship things to keep it beneficial from a cost perspective. Any help with these questions would be great:

1) I saw on the first page of the thread that packages shipped USPS go to bell services rather than the convention center and may not be charged a fee. Has anyone tried this recently to verify the current practice?

2) I'm also considering just packing our toiletries and then using Garden Grocer for snacks and breakfast foods. Same question there - will the items go to bell services and will the resort charge me any additional fee for receiving the items?

3) If we use Garden Grocer, we might add in some beer. Can the resort accept delivery of that or would we need to be there when it was delivered? I've seen conflicting answers on other threads.

4) Do the BC Marketplace still carry cases of water at about $7 each? If so, that may be our simplest solution for that.

Thanks so much for any help or advice you can offer!

Thank you for the appreciation!

I don't have a lot of info about whether the info on page 1 still applies since I have not recently (or ever) shipped anything to the resort or used a deliver service. So I rely on others experiences when including the info on Page 1.

I'll make a stab at answering, but won't be offended if I am corrected...

1) We still recommend shipping items via USPS to avoid the convention fee. There may now be a small service fee ($5) charged, but I'm not positive.

2) Garden grocer- relying on others for recent reviews. Are these only delivered during certain hours now. Or am I confused with Amazon Prime Now?

3) Beer- what are the rules?

4) I can answer this one!!! (Of course, Wood Nymph already replied): Yes!

Please let us know if you book at the BC or YC

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the info! I'll add the secret staircase somewhere to Page 1.

::yes::

You will be able to request a full balcony if you do online check in. We always do that and they have been pretty good about granting our only request. :)

You can also ask your TA to add the request to your reservation.

Again, I need to rely on others responses since I don't have any experience or knowledge about Touring Plans.

If you booked with a travel agent, since they own your reservation, are you still able to use TP a room request or do they need to send it in for you.

Do standard view CL YC rooms have views of the parking lot? Or rooftop? What is the best request to make to get a decent view and balcony? Do you know where the King cl SV are located? Tks

We had room 5224 last year, standard view which overlooked the front of the resort. Here are a couple pics - you can barely see the parking lot.

Attachments

• DSCF2952.JPG
    DSCF2952.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF2956.JPG
    DSCF2956.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 51
Again, I need to rely on others responses since I don't have any experience or knowledge about Touring Plans.

If you booked with a travel agent, since they own your reservation, are you still able to use TP a room request or do they need to send it in for you.

No, even if you use a TA, you can send the TP room request in yourself, but as has been stated many times, these are only requests, and being as general as possible with the request, noting the items you are looking for, such as day bed, or certain floor/view, is much better than trying to request specific rooms. I'm not sure if using TP adds any emphasis to room requests put on the reservation by guest or TA, or the requests from On-line check in...but my thinking is that it doesn't hurt to do all three, and some folks even send in a fax....

But again...most of the room requests are "nice to haves'" and are never guaranteed no matter how many times you ask for that perfect room, or how cleverly you word your fax or TP request....it all depends on which rooms are available when the room-assigner gets to your reservation... :)

I don't have a lot of info about whether the info on page 1 still applies since I have not recently (or ever) shipped anything to the resort or used a deliver service. So I rely on others experiences when including the info on Page 1.

1) We still recommend shipping items via USPS to avoid the convention fee. There may now be a small service fee ($5) charged, but I'm not positive.

But allow plenty of time. It is my understanding (from Teena) that items shipped USPS go to a central mail sorting facility on site which may add a few days to the total delivery to the resort.

2) Garden grocer- relying on others for recent reviews. Are these only delivered during certain hours now. Or am I confused with Amazon Prime Now?

For the BCV, so I assume the whole resort, they can only deliver in a small window. In October I believe it was 4:30 - 5:30, or something like that.

For Garden Grocer I had to fax a copy of my state drivers license as an ID. Once they had that they were able to deliver beer and wine and leave it will Bell Services with the rest of our order.

Question about wording a room request:

We are staying BC Deluxe Room for our upcoming marathon trip. Even though it is in January we'd love to have one of the rooms with either balconies or the first floor room with a patio. Basically, we don't want the 2 with only Juliet balconies-haha. I am beginning to converse with DSS and would like to have a room request noted but I am not sure what the best way to state our request is? I'm thinking: Large balcony please overlooking quiet pool preferred.

Thanks so much!

But allow plenty of time. It is my understanding (from Teena) that items shipped USPS go to a central mail sorting facility on site which may add a few days to the total delivery to the resort.

For the BCV, so I assume the whole resort, they can only deliver in a small window. In October I believe it was 4:30 - 5:30, or something like that.

For Garden Grocer I had to fax a copy of my state drivers license as an ID. Once they had that they were able to deliver beer and wine and leave it will Bell Services with the rest of our order.

Thank you so much! This helps a lot!

Wow! I've been reading that it's been difficult to get an FP for FoP. Now I'm getting nervous for our trip...
I was surprised at how easily I got a FP for FoP. I think it helped that I didn't need the FP until 7 days after we check in so I was booking at 67 days. I was surprised that I couldn't get a FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for my preferred day and had to switch things around. Good luck and have a Plan B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts