Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I've had trouble getting into the site for about a week, it's offline from the UK from 9am till 11:45am or thereabouts. Odd since it's usually only down for an hour 9am-10am. Some days it's been after lunch before I could get in on the site which has driven my OCD crazy..

Here's a link to some pictures taken recently by Wood Nymph:

Pool side shower room, May 2017

:goodvibes

Thank you for the link and thank you to Wood Nymph for the pictures

Thank you so much! It's perfect! I was wondering if we would need to bring products from the room and the post answered my question!

Thanks for asking!!

Just booked a stay at YC mid-September and I was wondering about the showers at SAB. We were at Poly a couple of weeks ago and I got out-voted by the rest of the family on what to do the last day. They wanted nothing to do with a park that day and we didn't have to leave for the airport until almost 6:00 pm - so, they voted pool day. That meant showers. I cannot tell you how completely disappointed and annoyed I was with the showers at the Lava pool - no privacy, you had to make sure you had a towel with you, value-resort all-purpose pump soap and no shampoo or any toiletries, everything was rusting, the water got way out of the shower, one little bench to put your stuff on across the room, no hooks, no handrails, no privacy - you had to get dressed in the wet shower after retrieving your clothes from across the shower (the bathroom stalls were a mile away). I've seen better shower facilities at the Y. I've done this before at AKL and expected something more like their shower facilities by the pool.

So happy to see that the BC/YC pool showers are worthy of a deluxe resort!!

Great question- I believe that the last report I got was that you could get any sundae, except for the regular Kitchen Sink, and the Grilled Banana Bread with Peanut Butter from the Beaches & Cream take out window. The mini Kitchen Sink, in the keepsake container is available at the window...Can anyone confirm that? ETA: Thanks for the feedback!
I can confirm that you can buy the mini-kitchen sink in its keepsake Mickey pants container via the walk-up window at Beaches & Cream.

Okay, decision time and I need your collective help. We've decided on May 4-8 for our add-on trip. 2018 pricing released today and BC & Poly are $300 apart.

A little background: We'll be at BC for 8 days this December, and trying Poly for the first time for 8 days in November, 2018. This trip would be a little extra I decided to throw into the middle. We have two little ones, DS 5 and DD 3.

I know this group is biased, but I trust your opinions. Which resort would you pick for May? We really are torn. BC has the pool, and the short walk to EP and DHS, while Poly has the resort loop into MK for the little ones.

I'm reading this thread backwards (after the first page) and see that you already made up your mind on BC. But, I may be a little less biased than others in the group since I just got back from a trip to Poly a couple of weeks ago. So, maybe I can give a little more info on that resort.

That being said - I'm reading this thread because I just booked a stay at YC for September, and I have stayed at BC 4 years ago (along with other resorts over the years, including AoA to start out our June trip - I don't consider myself a loyalist to any resort (ok, maybe AKL - hopefully they move onto AKL for a refurb when they're done at YC)

First $300 difference is hard to swallow (although I don't know how long your trip is - spread over 3 days is a lot worse than spread over 7)

For a May trip, I recommend Beach Club for Stormalong Bay. The Poly pool is nice, but crowded. They don't scan MBs for access there, & I suspect there are a fair number of crashers, because I've never seen such a crowded pool at any other WDW resort. The Beach Club pool also has more hot tubs and shade, ice cream nearby, etc.

The Poly pools - both the Lava pool and the Oasis pool require you to scan your bands to get in. There is one entrance to the Oasis pool that I did find sporadically worked without scanning your band (my hands were full so I gave it a shot).

The Lava pool IS incredibly crowded - we never used it, always went to the quiet pool, Oasis. But, this is easier since we were all adults and didn't miss the slide or lifeguards. The pluses of the Oasis pool - it to all of our minds seemed larger in practical terms than the feature pool, and the pool deck was less congested. It is zero entry on one side. It has full length stairs (great for sitting) on the other side. You were able to play with balls, etc. without getting yelled at - adding that the kids that were doing so were very respectful of everyone else in the pool. There is the Oasis Bar right there that serves alcoholic drinks (including a spiky pineapple, an alcoholic frozen Dole Whip). They also serve pretty good food. The refill station for mugs is right at the Oasis pool. It was fairly easy to find lounge chairs. I have always had a problem finding lounge chairs at SAB if there during peak afternoon times. There are a lot of tables. Downside - there is not a lot of shade.

Think of how lonely your pineapple, filled with the Sunken Treasure drink, will be if you stayed at the Poly. In fact if you do stay at the Poly you will probably be able to see little condensation tears of regret on that lonely pineapple... Just sayin...

The Poly sells it's own drink inside a pineapple - the Lapu Lapu. It can be purchased at the Tambu lounge (to-go if you wish) in the ceremonial house. You can also purchase it less expensively without said pineapple. They also have a Backscratcher that will knock you on your back. Can you tell I like an afternoon cocktail to unwind at WDW? :drinking1

And Trader Sam's .....

All that being said, I'll be enjoying SAB in a couple of months - and my short walk to Epcot for F&W.

It could be the wine, but "clear my cookies" took me in a different direction than I think Dee intended.

I may not have intended it, but I love your idea!

::yes::
I'm reading this thread backwards (after the first page) and see that you already made up your mind on BC. But, I may be a little less biased than others in the group since I just got back from a trip to Poly a couple of weeks ago. So, maybe I can give a little more info on that resort.

That being said - I'm reading this thread because I just booked a stay at YC for September, and I have stayed at BC 4 years ago (along with other resorts over the years, including AoA to start out our June trip - I don't consider myself a loyalist to any resort (ok, maybe AKL - hopefully they move onto AKL for a refurb when they're done at YC)

First $300 difference is hard to swallow (although I don't know how long your trip is - spread over 3 days is a lot worse than spread over 7)

The Poly pools - both the Lava pool and the Oasis pool require you to scan your bands to get in. There is one entrance to the Oasis pool that I did find sporadically worked without scanning your band (my hands were full so I gave it a shot).

The Lava pool IS incredibly crowded - we never used it, always went to the quiet pool, Oasis. But, this is easier since we were all adults and didn't miss the slide or lifeguards. The pluses of the Oasis pool - it to all of our minds seemed larger in practical terms than the feature pool, and the pool deck was less congested. It is zero entry on one side. It has full length stairs (great for sitting) on the other side. You were able to play with balls, etc. without getting yelled at - adding that the kids that were doing so were very respectful of everyone else in the pool. There is the Oasis Bar right there that serves alcoholic drinks (including a spiky pineapple, an alcoholic frozen Dole Whip). They also serve pretty good food. The refill station for mugs is right at the Oasis pool. It was fairly easy to find lounge chairs. I have always had a problem finding lounge chairs at SAB if there during peak afternoon times. There are a lot of tables. Downside - there is not a lot of shade.

The Poly sells it's own drink inside a pineapple - the Lapu Lapu. It can be purchased at the Tambu lounge (to-go if you wish) in the ceremonial house. You can also purchase it less expensively without said pineapple. They also have a Backscratcher that will knock you on your back. Can you tell I like an afternoon cocktail to unwind at WDW? :drinking1

And Trader Sam's .....

All that being said, I'll be enjoying SAB in a couple of months - and my short walk to Epcot for F&W.

Thank you for your comments!

May I add them to post I have compiling everyone's feedback on BC/YC vs. Poly?

:goodvibes

Just a small correction / reminder. There are at least 5 Guest Rooms at the YC that do not have a balcony or patio.

They are all located on the corner of the YC building adjacent to the Gazebo section: 1163, 2163, 3163, 4163, 5163. They all have a slightly long entry way and a very Bright set of 2 Double windows looking into the Gazebo section. Please note that 1163 does not have a patio. Also, please note that 5163 is a Club Level room.

Dave

Thanks again for this info. As I mentioned, I was previously aware only of the lack of balcony for room 5163.

I'm still a little confused. Which rooms? The ones in the front corner of the building (5163 with a dormer and awning)? Are the single, balcony-less windows on the back corner (under the pointed roof) also part of these rooms?

YC no balcony.jpg

1163 Garden View?

5163, 4163, 3163 and Water View

I have zero sense of direction, so looking at a map will NOT help me!!!

:sad2:

Hello and happy summer! :beach:

I'm finally on vacation. They thought they could thwart me by making me change grades and classrooms, but the powers-that-be underestimated my ability to change rooms like The Flash. They also underestimated how important I feel it is to have somebody holding the pool down here at home.

Anyway, now I hopefully have time to post more this summer. We are booked *magically* at BC for 10 whole nights in August. We usually resort hop, but we're so blastedly happy at YC/BC that this time, my fiancee put his foot down and said "Pick ONE! Make it Yacht or Beach!, but PICK IT and STICK WITH IT! I"m not moving hotels again...and I want to be near that pool...so make it happen!"

Do you see what I deal with? :sad2: But seriously. It is exciting to really make one of these majestic places home for a full 10 days. We initially picked BC because the renos were going on at YC and those rooms at BC are so gorgeous, but to be honest, now that the rooms at YC look like they'll be done by the time we get there, combined with the "de-theming" of rooms (yes, I'm talking to you...you crooks who stole the bed runners-forcing The White Glove to remove the runners throughout the resorts), I'm liking the YC rooms more and more. They do look very refined, and I'm crazy about the artwork and curtains. Also thanks to the GREAT article posted by jlundeen, I feel that the work at YC (covering up Captain's Grille and Ale and Compass) is very clean and unobtrusive looking. That said, we'll probably stay put at BC this year, and maybe Honeymoon at YC? It will depend on construction there next summer. It does look as if they're done with BC for a while. We shall see!

Just wanted to check in, say I'll be posting more for the summer, and wave to all my BC/YC friends!
This morning alone, I've been in the Disney bubble watching Sleeping Beauty and Pirates of the Caribbean (still hoping to find Johnny Depp and Chris Evans in the SAB hottub one of these trips!).

What do they do with all the old furnishings when they refurbish? I would totally buy one of those old nautical headboards if they were for sale.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! We are going to be returning to the YC in March 2018. When we booked our trip the other day, only garden view was available for our family of 5. Is this a change in room arrangements? Or are the other options all booked already? Any insight? I was hoping to save a few dollars with a standard view.

Hello everyone! We are going to be returning to the YC in March 2018. When we booked our trip the other day, only garden view was available for our family of 5. Is this a change in room arrangements? Or are the other options all booked already? Any insight? I was hoping to save a few dollars with a standard view.
It's not unusual to have trouble finding a standard view room. It seems like they are reserved by conventions and other groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter