Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We received one of those Incredibles booklets for our trip last August - but for this June's trip we received a booklet with the Magic Kingdom on it - with a gold statue of Walt and Mickey in front. The important dates are listed on the back cover page.

Thank you! So happy to hear that!!! Looking forward to getting mine!

Hi, I just switched our res from AKL to YC last night and am very excited! This has caused us to switch around some ADRs as well. Looking for some advice from people who know the layout better than I:

Last day we will be packing up to drive back to MI :( we want to do one last breakfast in the morning before heading out and thought we'd do Cape May Cafe since it's right there and kids won't have any other meals with the original characters. Which strategy is best:
1) Pack up, check out, load up car and then park again to go to 10:00 ADR
2) Get up and walk to 8:35 ADR then walk back to pack up room and leave by check out time (11? I think?)

Thank you!!

Hi, I just switched our res from AKL to YC last night and am very excited! This has caused us to switch around some ADRs as well. Looking for some advice from people who know the layout better than I:

Last day we will be packing up to drive back to MI :( we want to do one last breakfast in the morning before heading out and thought we'd do Cape May Cafe since it's right there and kids won't have any other meals with the original characters. Which strategy is best:
2) Get up and walk to 8:35 ADR then walk back to pack up room and leave by check out time (11? I think?)

Thank you!!

We are also from MI and drive several times. We always spent the night (or a few days) in Atlanta on either end of the trip. For this reason, our goal was to leave by 12 or 1. This way you can get a good night sleep and pack first, eat, and have a little gift shop/ boardwalk time before jumping in the car.

Any tips on passing the time while I do a load of laundry? :D
Read a book, play a few games ...I have several on my Kindle from the Amazon Underground games store all free and very entertaining, or take a swim if you are close to the quiet pool. Perhaps enjoy a beverage and a snack on a chair outside the laundrette and people watch.

Thank you!!
We pack the day before, this year we have a dinner at Splitsville planned for that night. During the day we'll potter around go to any park we fancy and grab some FP+ times on the way. That night before we leave we'll get back in and start packing up our stuff. On the departure day we too have booked Cape May Cafe. We hope to be able to use the airport check in at the lobby and drop our cases there so we can just head over to the restaurant. Big tip keep an extra top handy for each person in your party in case of spills at breakfast;) that's saved us a few headaches in the past! No one wants to travel for hours in dirty clothing. Make sure you have a little space in your carry on bag too. We've already arranged for ME to take us to the airport so once breakfast is done we should be ready to board the coach. Just remember to use up your left over snack credits before then, we always have quite a few left over and it helps to pick up a few treats for the journey home, which for us means 24hours travelling if not longer. Happy planning:)

Thank you, Sue, for the tip about the "Enclosed Balcony" being smaller rooms - and possibly too small for the daybed. Those we be all the 4th floor balcony rooms facing Epcot, I believe. We have two teens, so the daybed (an a little more room) would certainly be nice so one doesn't have to sleep on the air mattress on the floor.

Now I am even more unsure what to book and request, though! Hope someone comes through with a map showing the daybed room locations at BC.

I believe it has been mentioned, but I will say too that we have never seen any kind of map showing daybed room locations at the BC. Just trying to set expectations reasonably.
Any room you get will be wonderful

I am looking for advise on room types and requests. I'd like a 4th Floor, Large Balcony, close to Epcot room that I saw on this thread earlier, but I am am confused on what type of room that would be - Standard or Garden view. It seems to be a garden view since you are looking at trees and that is what the "TouringPlans" room maps indicate, but I have seen others post that those rooms are "Standard" rooms. Can anyone help clear this up for me?
In Nov/Dec we had a Woods view facing Epcot. Floor 4. They are not proper Fireworks View (the trees do get in the way), but good for seeing the high up shells, especially during the Christmas Finale.

It was on the corner (as far left as you can go in Beach Club as you head from the Lobby) by the fire exit. As a result it was a bigger (almost L Shape) room with Daybed under the window, and the Balcony door next to the King Bed. The Balcony was roughly 2.5 times the length of the other enclosed balconies on that floor. The Enclosed Balconies are not as deep as one on the 2nd Floor, but served their purpose. - Marked with Red Dot below, click for bigger image.

We've stayed in the an Enclosed Balcony room on 4th overlooking the garden by the Volleyball Court before too (Also Woods/Garden). This was a regular 2 Queen layout room, but due to the 'Dormer' Style of the enclosed balcony, it cuts into the headspace above the desk and also over the daybed. However the Sq Footage appears to be regular.

Hope that helps a little bit! I think the thing with BC is due to the attractive design of the building, it does mean there are some rooms with extra floor space, and some with bits cut off either overhead, or on floorspace

Last edited:

page 860-862

The Free Dining Announcement was a Bust for US! So is the room only offer!

But please add us to the Be Our Guest List, we are looking forward to returning to the Beach Club Oct 21st - Oct 29th. Just got done making our ADRS!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Check us in for October 20th-23rd at the Beach Club!
Sandwiched by BLT stays coincidentally

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

DH and I have a tentative trip to WDW in September, and I was hoping to stay at YC. (I am one who likes the look of the new rooms.) But only CL rooms are available for our dates, and we don't want to pay those rates. So, I'm looking at other options, and I'm going to stalk the availability around the 30-day mark in hopes of a cancellation.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you can book a room here!

::yes::

I booked FD for December, just before Xmas! Yippee!! I've stayed at the BC a few times, this will be our first YC stay. I also booked pool view. It will also be our first Xmas trip. My dd is starting college in the fall, so we can squeeze in a Xmas trip and still be home for Santa. It will be so nice not having to go in the HOT summer!

:welcome: back!

Sounds like a lot of fantastic firsts!

I'll add you to the list.

:santa:

We booked a stay at Yacht Club Nov25- Dec 2. It will be our first time staying at an Epcot area resort and I'm so excited!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I think you are going to love how convenient it is to get to EPCOT from the resort!

:woohoo:

May I please be added to the "Be Our Guest" list?

DH and I are doing our Disneymoon May 14-20th at Beach Club and could not be more excited!

I am ready to walk to Epcot for Flower and Garden and take a dip in SAB!

:welcome: and Congratulations!!!

Yes, I will add you to the list.

:love:

Has anyone used the arcade in the Beach Club? I'm wondering if it's like many arcades, with a machine exchanging dollar bills for quarters or tokens, or is there a way to use a Disney Gift Card there? I'm just curious, since I have a few gift cards I'm using on the trip.

That's a great question! As another poster indicated, the arcade games use (preloaded?) cards so I think that you can ultimately use Gift Cards, eventually, at a later time.

:goodvibes

Hi everyone,

We will be staying in a BC Villa (Studio) and I am wondering if any fireworks shows are viewable from that building? If not, is there a place at the resort that you can go to see any fireworks?

Thanks so much!

I know others have responded but I thought I would add and share the info from Page 1, Post 14, Other Useful Info:

Can you see any of the Illuminations fireworks from places around the resort?

There are a few places where you can view some of the high fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations show. Many people recommend watching the fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort areas. You can also see some of the high fireworks from the Beach Club beach or from the Stormalong Bay pool. Wood Nymph recommends the Yacht Club boat dock. Another suggestion (EagleScout) is to view the fireworks from the bridge connecting the YC and Swan resorts.

From bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk (photo by pixarmom), from the beach (photo by creativeamanda) and from Stormalong Bay (picture by natebenma):

IlluminationsfromBoardwalkBridge-1.jpg
fireworksfrombeach-1.jpg
IMG_1936-1.jpg

Check this out!!!

So I'm going to try an experiment here. I shot these using my remote shutter through the Nikon app. When I do that it also saves the images (as jpegs) to my phone and then my phone automatically uploads to Google Photos. I messed around at the airport on the way home and created a nice little animation with it using the jpegs so I'm going to try and post that. I did edit the RAW files so these aren't my "edits", and some of the shots didn't turn out great, but the animation was pretty cool and should give you a good idea of what to expect. Lets see if I can pull this off.

IMG_0322-ANIMATION.gif

Here's a link from my August 2014 trip report with pictures of the Illuminations Fireworks and the Summer Frozen Fireworks from the Boardwalk Bridge.

Fireworks as Far as the Eye Can See

Page 863-864-865

I am looking for advise on room types and requests. I'd like a 4th Floor, Large Balcony, close to Epcot room that I saw on this thread earlier, but I am am confused on what type of room that would be - Standard or Garden view. It seems to be a garden view since you are looking at trees and that is what the "TouringPlans" room maps indicate, but I have seen others post that those rooms are "Standard" rooms. Can anyone help clear this up for me?

Thank you so much, shorewood! That was just what I was looking for - it seems to confirm the touring plans maps and room views. Looks like I need to book a garden view to get that 4th floor view towards Epcot.

One more question - is there a map to indicate which rooms have 2 queens with the daybeds?

Thank you, Sue, for the tip about the "Enclosed Balcony" being smaller rooms - and possibly too small for the
daybed. Those we be all the 4th floor balcony rooms facing Epcot, I believe. We have two teens, so the daybed (an a little more room) would certainly be nice so one doesn't have to sleep on the air mattress on the floor.

Now I am even more unsure what to book and request, though! Hope someone comes through with a map showing the daybed room locations at BC.

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you book a stay at the resort.

Thanks to everyone who has helped to answer your questions.

I don't expect that we will be seeing a map that shows the bedding/daybed availability in rooms. We were lucky to get the detailed map that we have, due to the fast action of one of our friends here.

Our best advice is to add a request for the features of the room you want rather than requesting a particular room or rooms by number. That way the room assigner will know what is important to you. List your requests in priority order, and if possible limit your request to 2 or 3 to increase the likelihood of getting what you want.

For example: "Daybed please. Full balcony if possible. Forth Floor preferred"

I have been trying to read through all of this...is construction supposed to be happening in Oct with he yacht club?

Also how loud are the fireworks from the parks at the resort? We will have two young kids and probably back at the hotel sleeping by the time the fireworks start.

Do you have a trip booked?

From what I am hearing, the room renovations at the Yacht Club will probably be completed before October.

There may be work going on in the lobby- to the Captain's Grille restaurant, maybe the Ale & Compass lounge- I haven't seen many details for that one.

I do my best to keep the first post on Page 1 updated with confirmed renovation news so that you don't have to go through the entire thread. Reading there and the most recent pages of the thread are the best ways to keep up to date on information.

As others indicated, the fireworks should not be too loud for Yacht Club guests.

:thumbsup2

First time at YC. Any suggestions for room request for a garden view room? Thanks.

What is important to you and your family? Daybed? Location (near or away from elevator, high or low floor)? View?

As others have indicated the wedding gazebo view is very nice and gives the possibility of peek-a-boo lake views

Take a look at the Yacht Club Room Views thread on the Resorts Community Board to see samples of views from garden view rooms.

::yes::

Welp, an email from BWI about construction just pushed me to change my July reservation to a first-time stay at BC! Initially had shied away from BC because of the YC construction, but that doesn't seem like that'll be visible at all from BC. A little bummed because BWI looked really nice, but the BC looks gorgeous too. July 20-25. Can't wait!

:welcome: to our side of the lake!

I haven't heard about the work at BWI.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool2:

Thanks for the info! Yeah we would not order from a flyer under the room. This is actually for my rehersal dinner for my wedding. I'm having a pizza-by-the-pool "dinner" at the Yacht Club Quiet Pool (very casual- I know!), so we're just wondering if we can order room service pizza for it or if we'll have to get Dominos or some other off-property company deliver it to the lobby.

*update: I checked the room service menu on AllEars and they do have pizza! So I think that's what we'll do. Thanks for the suggestion!

:welcome: to the thread and Congratulations!

When is your wedding trip?

:love2:

Thank you!!

When is your trip? September?

:cool1:

Great idea to schedule a convenient character breakfast at the resort prior to leaving.

I think my preference would be to pack up and have the car loaded before breakfast, so that you aren't pressed with a time deadline to be finished with breakfast. But either would work. Love the helpful tip from wifey about keeping a shirt available in case there are spills- although it could be a great excuse for a last minute souvenir of your stay!

Last edited:
6_zps47b6b14c.jpg

The rooms on the top floor have the dormer balcony.

If you have a room near the Epcot side of the BC and BCV then the fireworks are pretty loud.

Ask for a gazebo view. Those are the nicest garden view rooms and you might have a sideways view of the lagoon. :)

You are right that the there are fourth floor rooms facing Epcot with dormer balconies. The picture I posted above is one of them. :)
exterior%20lagoon%20side_zpsxotggeoe.jpg

These fourth floors rooms have a large balcony. There aren't any dormers on this section. You'll also notice the the corner room on the 2nd floor (to the far left) doesn't have any balcony.

side%20window%20right_zpswtvb25nu.jpg

This section has five floors, some of the rooms have full balconies and some have dormers. The section to the right has only four floors.

The BC has different levels in different sections. The 5th floor in the main part of the building is club level, so they have to deal with dormer balconies. If you had a 4th floor in this section it would not have a dormer balcony, although it might have a standing balcony. The top floor in the picture above is th 4th floor. The section closest to the quiet pool has only three floors, so the top floor of that section is the third floor. It is a very unique resort. ;)

Only 50% of the balconies at the BC are full size and large enough for three adults, although there are only two chairs.

This is a very helpful post about balconies at the Beach Club.

:thanks:

PIZZA

Putting all of the recent posts together in one place. I'll add the contact info for Flippers onto my Pizza Info in the Dining Post on Page 1, Post 7- see below
ETA: number was already there.

Question- Is the Boardwalk Pizza Window still open?

Random question: can you get pizza delivered to your room at Yacht Club? I saw online somewhere that Beach Club had it, but I'm wondering about Yacht Club?

I remembered the name of the other pizza place from which people ordered: Giordanos. But it sounds like you have a plan. Sounds like fun!
Just to follow up, we've had pizza delivered from Flippers to Yacht Club, so you can have off-site delivery. On-site may be fine, but if cost is an issue you might want to at least price out the off-site options. Room delivery pizza is super expensive at Disney. Link to a post discussing off-site pizza a few years ago - http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/01/26/non-disney-pizza-delivered-resort/

On edit, just based on the menu I'd order from off-site. You seem to have more options at a better price. Only hassle is someone has to meet the delivery person in the lobby but that seems doable.
Oh yes we love Giordanos! We're Floridians born in Chicago so it's a popular place for our family. Surprisingly though not my favorite pizza haha so I might look in to Flippers if it will save us a bunch over room service :)
I am a New Yorker (aka pickiest pizza eaters), and I LOVE Flippers! So good!!

I believe some of the value or moderate resorts had or have pizza delivery in place of regular room service. Yacht and Beach Club have a full room service menu. I don't know if pizza is on the menu but I think allears.net has the menu.

You can order from a pizza place and meet the pizza guy in the lobby. There used to be a lot of threads on this, but I haven't seen them lately. You can ask lobby cast members what they recommend. I think people ordered from Flippers. I can't remember the name of the other place.

If you find a flyer slipped under your room door, do not order from it. It probably is a scam to steal your credit card number.

Pizza Options at the Yacht & Beach Club:

1) Flatbreads are available in the Beach Club Marketplace which is open from 11 am until 11 pm. See photo above for picture of the flatbread.

2) The Yacht Club and Beach Club In-room Dining Service will deliver pizza to your room.

In Room Dining Menu Link- from allears website: In Room Dining Menu

If you are on the dining plan, you may redeem 2 Adult Table Service Credits for 1 Pizza Entrée, 2 Single Serve Non-alcoholic Drinks and 2 Desserts. According to the dining plan brochure, gratuity is included.

IMHO, this is a relatively expensive way to satisfy your pizza craving!

3) The Boardwalk Pizza Take Out Window is a short walk or boat ride away Boardwalk Pizza Take Out Menu

4) Local pizza restaurants will deliver to the resort.

You will need to meet the delivery person in the lobby to pay for and pick up the food.

Here is a thread with pizza delivery information: Pizza Delivery at Disney World

I have personally never ordered from any of the places listed, but these were a few area pizza restaurants recommended by posters on the thread:

Giordanos: (407) 397 0044

Westgate Pizza Hut: (866) 438-2507

Papa Johns: (352) 243-1800

Flipper's Pizza: (407) 938-9633

Under NO circumstances should you order from any place that slips flyers under the door of your resort room (at Disney or elsewhere).
This is a common scam where you are asked to provide your credit card number and you may be charged much more than you authorize.

Has anyone stayed recently at the Yacht Club and knows how the parking is? I've heard chatter from other sites parking is limited with the expansion to the convention center and the resort rehabs. I'm going Sept 19th and was curious what to expect.

Our first time staying at the YC and I'm wondering about room locations/suggestions.

We have a garden/woods view booked, and there are 5 of us, so a room with a day bed will be needed. Is that going to severely limit us to where we'll be? I don't want to request something that isn't even a possibility.

Ideally, I'd love a refurbished room, nearest the Beach Club end of the resort (I have to use the gym for rehab and would like to be somewhat close to that, as opposed to being clear over by the quiet pool). But from what I've read, only the 4th floor (given that we're not staying club level) will be done with refurb in early June. So, if I request to be near the gym, will I put myself out of the possibility of a refurbed room?

For those who frequent the YC, are the older rooms terribly "tired" that you'd be disappointed to not get a newly refurbished room? My hope is that we could get one or the other ~ either a refurbed room OR a room close to the gym. Which would you think would be more likely?

Thank you for any info.

My pics are no where close to the ones Dee posted but thought I'd share :
From the bridge to Epcot, 2 years ago, please excuse the pjs but we were right by the quiet pool first floor and we ran over...best memory ever!

Attachments

• 2015-09-11 21.10.08.jpg
    2015-09-11 21.10.08.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2015-09-11 21.08.51.jpg
    2015-09-11 21.08.51.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 23

My pics are no where close to the ones Dee posted but thought I'd share :
From the bridge to Epcot, 2 years ago, please excuse the pjs but we were right by the quiet pool first floor and we ran over...best memory ever!

and then last year by the sandy pool by YC these are from Hollywood Studios...

Attachments

• 2016-09-23 20.16.28.jpg
    2016-09-23 20.16.28.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2016-09-23 20.16.33.jpg
    2016-09-23 20.16.33.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 24
Hello, Beach Club buddies! Well, we did it...we switched our fall trip from a moderate to my most favorite resort in all of the "world!"

We'll be staying Oct 29 - Nov 4. Dee, can you add me to list?

While I've stayed here several times, my best Disney travel buddy, Nancy, has never been able to. Since we won't be able to be back for a few years, we decided to take the plunge, and hope that the next rounds of RO discounts or AP discounts will help us out a bit. Regardless...I can't wait to come back home!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Now I have to spend some time reading and catching up with all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter