Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just checking on the discounts and noticed, Why is there only a 15% discount on BC and a 25% on YC?
Probably because of the renovations at the YC. It gives people some incentive to pick it over other resorts. They don't have problems filling the BC, so the discount isn't needed as much.

The 3 that offer only 15% are very popular, BC, Poly and CR.

Probably because of the renovations at the YC. It gives people some incentive to pick it over other resorts. They don't have problems filling the BC, so the discount isn't needed as much.

The 3 that offer only 15% are very popular, BC, Poly and CR.
Makes me wonder about the Military discount when it comes out if BC will be involved...:scared:

So love the change to pocket door and barn door. I remember our first YC stay when it still had the regular doors on the bathroom like BC still does. It was terrible that you had to walk in stand between the toilet and the bathtub and close the door then sit and do your business. A pocket door gets rid of that issue all together. Also as much as I like a bathtub I'm glad they went to showers. I can't tell you how many times we have soaked the entire bathroom floor because when they updated the shower heads at all the resorts someone had the bright idea to put in those massive shower heads in these average (at best) wide tubs when the shower head was made for a garden or soaker tub. I always have to aim it half at the wall half at me not to make a mess.

Just checking on the discounts and noticed, Why is there only a 15% discount on BC and a 25% on YC?

I noticed this as well and checked the week in July I have booked for BC. YC only has club level available which is nice but it's not going to save me any cash.

So love the change to pocket door and barn door. I remember our first YC stay when it still had the regular doors on the bathroom like BC still does. It was terrible that you had to walk in stand between the toilet and the bathtub and close the door then sit and do your business. A pocket door gets rid of that issue all together. Also as much as I like a bathtub I'm glad they went to showers. I can't tell you how many times we have soaked the entire bathroom floor because when they updated the shower heads at all the resorts someone had the bright idea to put in those massive shower heads in these average (at best) wide tubs when the shower head was made for a garden or soaker tub. I always have to aim it half at the wall half at me not to make a mess.

I've seen a video of a refurb room with a tub.

Not sure if they are ADA Rooms with a Shower?

You are supposed to put the inside liner of the curtain in the tub to use as a shower :)

I've seen a video of a refurb room with a tub.

Not sure if they are ADA Rooms with a Shower?

You are supposed to put the inside liner of the curtain in the tub to use as a shower :)

The inside liner doesn't do much in our case. I can put the inside liner in the tub and it still get everywhere. Maybe we have just had bad luck. I've tried everything and it still makes a mess.

I thought I had read on this thread even that some rooms will have tubs and some only showers. It was an earlier walk through (and possibly the club level rooms) so maybe it was an ADA room and the person doing the review just didn't know that. The shower didn't look big enough to be ADA though.

Check us in for October 20th-23rd at the Beach Club!
Sandwiched by BLT stays coincidentally

The inside liner doesn't do much in our case. I can put the inside liner in the tub and it still get everywhere. Maybe we have just had bad luck. I've tried everything and it still makes a mess.

I thought I had read on this thread even that some rooms will have tubs and some only showers. It was an earlier walk through (and possibly the club level rooms) so maybe it was an ADA room and the person doing the review just didn't know that. The shower didn't look big enough to be ADA though.

Ah right :)

I'd prefer a shower, but as my wife pointed out, those with young kids may well prefer a bath. Will be interesting to see if it's a Online Checkin Request!

I think we'll still be using Beach Club, just down to personal preference. I'd 100% stay in YC if there was no BC rooms available.

We tend to make a mess too! I like that they have shower doors :) Also, I have two girls with wild hair LOL so the adjustable shower spray makes a big difference! I don't think BC had them. I might switch over to the YC for our Sept. stay just to check it out :)

DH and I have a tentative trip to WDW in September, and I was hoping to stay at YC. (I am one who likes the look of the new rooms.) But only CL rooms are available for our dates, and we don't want to pay those rates. So, I'm looking at other options, and I'm going to stalk the availability around the 30-day mark in hopes of a cancellation.

Some of YC refurbed bathrooms have walk-in showers and some have tubs with showerhead/spray. It's probably a good idea to add your preferred style along with room requests. So far, that preference cannot be specified at online check-in.

They do that all the time and they have been doing it for years. BC is more popular than YC so Disney can get away with giving out a smaller discount and still fill up. :) The two times we have stayed at YC have been because we got a better discount there than at the BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter