Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Love love love that corner shelf on the bedside closest to the wall! Now why didn't all the resorts do that????? What a great idea!

I agree, that's brilliant! I like the carpet, too.

Changing jobs has completely cut down on my ability to browse the dis over lunch, so I'm reading back a bit while waiting to take my daughter to her middle school orchestra concert. Please, try to control your jealousy here.

I have one of those tsum tsum subscriptions through the Disney Store (I claim it's because my kids like them, but it's really me who gets excited when the package shows up). This month's selection was from the Fox and the Hound and all I could think was I should send it to Scott MC. I have to agree, it's the most depressing Disney movie.

Last edited:
We booked another trip to the BC. When I saw that Southwest had flights for $110 each way for 4th of July weekend, I just couldn't resist. We booked a BC-SV room for the dates July 1st-5th, 2017. I can't wait to see the 4th of July fireworks and then walk back to our room. ::yes::
BTW - that sale at Southwest lasted for one day. I caught it right on time and was able to get a discount from the travel agent. We wouldn't have gone if we didn't get a room discount. I really prefer garden views rooms, but I can live with a standard view if it means that I save money. ;)

I stalk SW when they are releasing their flights. I did this for our August trip and was able to get prime non stop flight for the 4 of us for just under $1,000. By later the same day those flights were going for just under $2,000. It's crazy how much it fluctuates!

Booking flights made the whole trip that much more real. I can not wait until we are at the BC this summer.

Question - Do the BC villas have hair dryers or do we need to bring our own? Planning my packing list. Thanks!

Question - Do the BC villas have hair dryers or do we need to bring our own? Planning my packing list. Thanks!
They have hair dryers. They also have the same toiletries that you would have if staying in a regular Beach Club resort room - shampoo, conditioner, and soap. :)

They have hair dryers. They also have the same toiletries that you would have if staying in a regular Beach Club resort room - shampoo, conditioner, and soap. :)

Thank you! Trying to get everything sorted out this week so I can start packing this weekend. Only 8 days and a few hours left until we arrive! Sooooo ready!

We have a super early flight and should land at MCO around 8:15 am. We plan to hit a park after arrival. The carryon bags we leave with Bell Services (since I am 99% sure our room won't be ready), we can grab those after we return from the park before going to our room and with DME, they will bring our checked bags to our room even if we aren't there, correct? Does Bell Services close at a certain time?

Thank you! Trying to get everything sorted out this week so I can start packing this weekend. Only 8 days and a few hours left until we arrive! Sooooo ready!

We have a super early flight and should land at MCO around 8:15 am. We plan to hit a park after arrival. The carryon bags we leave with Bell Services (since I am 99% sure our room won't be ready), we can grab those after we return from the park before going to our room and with DME, they will bring our checked bags to our room even if we aren't there, correct? Does Bell Services close at a certain time?

Yes that is right.
Bell Services at the Beach Club/Villas is 24/7

page 828-829

Thank you both for your offers. I'll try to figure out if there is anything else I need

Anytime you are able to snap pictures of menu boards when you are in the area (Marketplace, Ale & Compass, Hurricane Hanna's) I appreciate it to see if there are updated selections or prices.

If they have menu cards out at Cape May, I'd love a picture. These were out on display by the host stand/check-in podium. I can't remember when I got this one, but I'm looking to see if the daily rotations have changed:

Cod: Sunday, Friday
Fried Calamari: Tuesday, Thursday
Fried Shrimp: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday

View attachment 226709

:thanks:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:
Or you could think about going to WDW end of Nov/early Dec ::yes::

I agree, that's brilliant! I like the carpet, too.

Changing jobs has completely cut down on my ability to browse the dis over lunch, so I'm reading back a bit while waiting to take my daughter to her middle school orchestra concert. Please, try to control your jealousy here.

I have one of those tsum tsum subscriptions through the Disney Store (I claim it's because my kids like them, but it's really me who gets excited when the package shows up). This month's selection was from the Fox and the Hound and all I could think was I should send it to Scott MC. I have to agree, it's the most depressing Disney movie.

Don't ever watch this movie if you have a pet, have lost a pet, have given up a pet, have loved a pet, have liked a pet, have been indifferent to a pet, have been in the same room as a pet.........
And not for the "good" reasons. It's not heart-tugging or anything, it's just upsetting.

Don't ever watch this movie if you have a pet, have lost a pet, have given up a pet, have loved a pet, have liked a pet, have been indifferent to a pet, have been in the same room as a pet.........
And not for the "good" reasons. It's not heart-tugging or anything, it's just upsetting.

And here I thought I was the only one who felt this way about that movie. Totally agree. Not cool.

And here I thought I was the only one who felt this way about that movie. Totally agree. Not cool.

Background ^^^ At the first Beach & Yacht Club DIS meet I attended in Aug 2014 our icebreaker was name your favorite and least favorite Disney movie.

My favorites are Toy Story/Toy Story 2 because they were important to my boys when they were little (Zurg = Bad Cow!) My least favorite choice was not a Disney movie, but the appropriately-named "The Never Ending Story"

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Background ^^^ At the first Beach & Yacht Club DIS meet I attended in Aug 2014 our icebreaker was name your favorite and least favorite Disney movie.

My favorites are Toy Story/Toy Story 2 because they were important to my boys when they were little (Zurg = Bad Cow!) My least favorite choice was not a Disney movie, but the appropriately-named "The Never Ending Story"

:goodvibes
This is funny. Wife, son and I were reading a story a few days ago about movies you might regret showing your kids and Fox and Hound was on there, along with a number of other Disney movies. Never Ending Story wasn't, but my son said it should have been. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/commo...might-regret-showing-your-kids_b_4379974.html

Question,
There might be a possibility that my husband is still around when I check in the BC with the kids and my mom. DH should fly back the day before but as airline employees he MIGHT get bumped and leave next day..

so.. are guests allowed to pay to have a non-resort guest swim? I am willing to pay if reasonable... I know they scan MBs now for SAB..

Wishes final show:(
I will be (quite on purpose), at WDW for Wishes final show. I was wanting thoughts and opinions about our idea to watch it. We were thinking well in advance we would grab some quick service to go, or get a bunch of lil yummy things to eat akin to a small picnic, dessert and beverages, and see if we could cop a squat on the grassy areas and just eat and wait a little while for the show. I will be filming it, as I am almost as upset about this as I was MSE We were there a few days before the end of that as well. Anywho- I cannot remember if cms clear the grassy areas prior to the show or if you're there you're there.
I'd just rather find a good spot on the grass than to curb sit for a few hours.

Opine away

Has anyone noticed you can't book captain's grille past August 31st..? I was hoping to have a couple of nicer breakfasts while we are at the BC ... I know they may still be using Ariel's but assumed renovations would start before September 1st and it would still be bookable even if its in a temporary spot?

Question,
There might be a possibility that my husband is still around when I check in the BC with the kids and my mom. DH should fly back the day before but as airline employees he MIGHT get bumped and leave next day..

so.. are guests allowed to pay to have a non-resort guest swim? I am willing to pay if reasonable... I know they scan MBs now for SAB..

Definitely not at SAB, but you could go to one of the quiet pools. If he gets bumped, will he be staying in the room with you?

Definitely not at SAB, but you could go to one of the quiet pools. If he gets bumped, will he be staying in the room with you?
No as he should fly out the 30th, and we are checking in the 31st.. ( we have offsite on the 30th...) could we technically add him the room for that one night..? The room holds 5... I think then it's 25 per night for each adult after 2 correct?? We dont have a package.. It's a room only rate.. Wonder if you can add a person for one night.. he wouldnt stay but can check in and use the pool then.. possible? His flight is 8pm..

No as he should fly out the 30th, and we are checking in the 31st.. ( we have offsite on the 30th...) could we technically add him the room for that one night..? The room holds 5... I think then it's 25 per night for each adult after 2 correct?? We dont have a package.. It's a room only rate.. Wonder if you can add a person for one night.. he wouldnt stay but can check in and use the pool then.. possible? His flight is 8pm..

Yes, you can add him to the room for just one night and then there would be no issues with his entry to SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter