Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

3 days!!!!

I asked DH if he'd like me to book any dinners or events while we are there, and for those familiar with Mr. Pas..he of course said no. He said, hangin' out in the Rose and Crown Pub after I have my Fish & Chips is his dream come true. I'll keep him!

3 days!!!!

I asked DH if he'd like me to book any dinners or events while we are there, and for those familiar with Mr. Pas..he of course said no. He said, hangin' out in the Rose and Crown Pub after I have my Fish & Chips is his dream come true. I'll keep him!
Gotta love a man who lets you get your fill of fish and chips before you head to the pub!:rotfl::thumbsup2
Love the entertainment in the Rose and Crown. Great craic altogether. Enjoy :goodvibes

3 days!!!!

Right now we have plans to walk past the Rose and Crown in time to see the British Revolution at 4:30pm this Friday. :)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

:woohoo:

Let us know if you go ahead with your Feb/March trip!

My husband and I had an amazing time on our couples trip in October. So much fun, in fact, that he asked me on Saturday if we are going to do it again this coming fall.

:scratchin

:welcome: to the thread!

We rely on info from guests' observations for updates on the room renovations at the resort. The latest we have heard is that work is currently proceeding on parts of the 4th and perhaps some of the 3rd floor. As horselover noted, the rooms on the 5th floor are completed.

I try to keep the first post on Page 1 updated with news about the work as we receive it.

Do you have an upcoming trip booked at the Yacht Club?

:goodvibes
We do...starting on April 7.:yay:

We stayed at the Beach Club last spring break, and unfortunately, did not get our request for a full balcony. We are starting to think ahead to our next trip and I vaguely remember someone posting something about a club level room category where they all have the larger balconies. I could be misremembering this... just wondering if anyone has more information. We may just go with the Yacht Club (once renovations are finished) to avoid the whole issue, but I am curious if there is a club level room category at the Beach Club with all full balconies. Thanks!

We stayed at the Beach Club last spring break, and unfortunately, did not get our request for a full balcony. We are starting to think ahead to our next trip and I vaguely remember someone posting something about a club level room category where they all have the larger balconies. I could be misremembering this... just wondering if anyone has more information. We may just go with the Yacht Club (once renovations are finished) to avoid the whole issue, but I am curious if there is a club level room category at the Beach Club with all full balconies. Thanks!

I believe that all of the BC Club Level Garden View rooms have full balconies

:goodvibes

I have heard so many mixed messages about whether the poolside locker room/shower project has been started or when it will be completed. Originally we were told it would be done October 2016. When I was there in mid-October, I was told they were just moving things out of the arcade in anticipation of the project. I thought others had reported that parts of the arcade are blocked off and that perhaps the showers would be open sometime in April.

Would somebody who is there now, or soon be willing to check on the project??? Not sure who to ask- I checked with someone on the recreation staff.

I was the one who posted about an expected completion in April which was what I was told at the end of January by the red manager when we popped in for a visit and work had indeed been started. We are scheduled to arrive 4/2 and will be there a couple of days so I chose to accept this mission and will get an update on the status as well as take pictures if I can.

Staying at BCV but we always walk through the whole resort so I will check on the status of the YC gift shop as well. Any other missions?

Oh Dee you should totally do another fall trip with Mark :goodvibes
Then you can do a trip report for me to enjoy and "ooh & ah" over :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Don't go during the convention and do go when the travel agent has discounts. ;)

I COMPLETELY agree with this statement!

Dee, you have done the Halloween trip, now come down and see the Christmas spectacular. See you in December? :rolleyes1
Katesdad

Taking all of these suggestions under advisement.

I was really surprised to hear Mark bring this up for conversation, but really did have an excellent trip!

What we really need, though, is a tropical beach vacation...

:beach:

But speaking of that trip report- I am only about halfway through, so I should be keeping it going for several more months.

The latest installment may be of interest to the folks here- we spend some time at Stormalong Bay:

Down by the Bay

:fish:

page 828-829

I will be staying at BoardWalk Villas later this week because I didn't get off the waitlist to get into Beach Club Villas. (I'm DVC.) I probably will stop by Yacht & Beach Club at some point. If anybody needs a picture of anything, let me know and I'll do my best.

I was the one who posted about an expected completion in April which was what I was told at the end of January by the red manager when we popped in for a visit and work had indeed been started. We are scheduled to arrive 4/2 and will be there a couple of days so I chose to accept this mission and will get an update on the status as well as take pictures if I can.

Staying at BCV but we always walk through the whole resort so I will check on the status of the YC gift shop as well. Any other missions?

Thank you both for your offers. I'll try to figure out if there is anything else I need

Anytime you are able to snap pictures of menu boards when you are in the area (Marketplace, Ale & Compass, Hurricane Hanna's) I appreciate it to see if there are updated selections or prices.

If they have menu cards out at Cape May, I'd love a picture. These were out on display by the host stand/check-in podium. I can't remember when I got this one, but I'm looking to see if the daily rotations have changed:

Cod: Sunday, Friday
Fried Calamari: Tuesday, Thursday
Fried Shrimp: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday

WP_20170321_001.jpg

:thanks:

We do...starting on April 7.:yay:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!