Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions: Refurb News, Post #1

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

The YC & BC online check-in room request options have been changed again. They are now listed as:

Near transportation, ground floor, lower floor, large balcony (BC), near lobby, near elevator, upper floor

You may select up to two options, per room.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. TNKim

TNKim Mouseketeer

At BC, wouldn't "near transportation" and "near lobby" be one and the same? So you can't request a daybed or full balcony?

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

Those are the online check-in selections. If you call in, you can request whatever you like.

Yes...you are right. They did ad back in large balcony, as well. I will edit.

5. jezebel73

jezebel73 DIS Veteran

Ground floor is pretty self explanatory, but what do "upper" and "lower" get you? 5 is all CL at Yacht, so that's off the table. Is upper floor 3/4 or just 4? Is lower 2/3 or just 2??

Also the near transportation is equally vague, as there is boat or bus. I suppose that could put you by either one...

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

This is the main reason I have never used the options available during Online Check In. They have never really made much sense to me.

Hopefully and jezebel73 like this.
  7. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

When I requested "lower floor," thinking that would place my room on the 2nd or 3rd floor, the room assigned was on the ground floor. The CM told me that they complied with my request for "lower floor." :rolleyes1

jezebel73 likes this.
  8. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

Siting on the park bench at end of YC walk-way to boat doc starting at 8:30pm watching people and boats together and then the fireworks at 9:00pm before heading back in to the Crews Cup for a night cap.

Hope you have a great trip

Katesdad

kimmy85, Lisann, natebenma and 5 others like this.
  9. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

agree

10. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

Do the new yacht club room not have bath tubs????

11. shoreward

shoreward DIS Veteran

Some rooms only will have shower stalls, while others will have tubs.

12. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

Oh that does sound divine! How thoughtful of you to suggest this, we have never been in Crews Cup Lounge before so it will be interesting to experience it for the first time.
    We saw a few fireworks from our balcony when we stayed at YC two trips back they tended to be over the top of the Epcot buildings for Reflections of Earth and a few behind the BW from DHS. What ones we could see we're amazing and incredibly loud. No one does a fireworks display like WDW that's for sure, we can't compare them to any of the ones at home at all. Just have to remember to make sure we get to the bench in time to enjoy the show. :worship::thanks:

AGoofykindagirl likes this.
  13. Boski

Boski DIS Veteran

I'm thinking the same thing. If POP, AoA, and the new CBR all have access to this that is a lot of extra people coming into the IG. Disney isn't going to create a mode of transportation that services that many resort guest and has a limited capacity. I think this will take place of the buses and could really cause a log jam if the entire IG isn't reconfigured.

14. Elizakapeka

Elizakapeka Mouseketeer

I just checked out of curiosity and all my dates are unavailable for breakfast as well.

15. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

What about an early morning stroll around the Boardwalk to watch the sun come up and the world awaken. I love how peaceful it is early in the morning and it really is a beautiful place for a romantic stroll or you could simply sit on a swing/ bench together at the beach and enjoy the views. Breakfast over in France, sitting at a little table for 2 waterside rounds things off perfectly :love:

16. Feckless

Feckless DIS Veteran

With my date change, my ADR window opened this morning. I took a deep breath and let Signature Services handle it since my first reservation is at 181 days where we arrive at 8 pm on the 17th. Now eating anxiously for an email back...

luvpoohandcompany and natebenma like this.
  17. WDW4us2006

WDW4us2006 DIS Veteran

Hi Everybody, I haven't posted in forever but I check-in to the board almost every day. We have a family trip planned at the BC for the end of August for 6 days, woo!!
    This may be old news, but just wanted to give those of you a head's up in regard to booking your ADR's. My 180+10 opened today at 6:00 AM, and I was ready to go. Of course, when I went to confirm my first one, I got the dreaded Lady and the Tramp "Sorry for the Paws" screen, so I couldn't do anything. So frustrating! However, it worked perfectly on my phone and on my iPad. I was able to get everything I wanted, yay! So,if that happens to you, have all of your available "devices" ready to go and hopefully you should be all set.

Also wanted to add, I will be DEVASTATED if this gondola thing happens.....the BC and the entire Boardwalk/IG area are my true happy place, namely for the beautiful, peaceful tranquility, the atmosphere, the landscaping, the piped in music, everything. I just LOVE being there. So much so, that I have been there three times already this year for my own peace of mind! To think that could change will make me very, very sad. I realize that sounds completely crazy, but it's true. This is the only place I would ever admit that, by the way, I know you all get it :)

18. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

Freudian slip or spellcheck victim? :scratchin Nonetheless good luck with the response! :thumbsup2

19. wdwlver

wdwlver Dis Veteran and DVC Member

Feel exactly same way

20. Feckless

Feckless DIS Veteran

LMAO!!!

I am snacking while I wait. ;)

21. Feckless

Feckless DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that we will get one more trip before this gondola thing.

luvpoohandcompany likes this.