Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions: Refurb News, Post #1

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Big fan of the Boardwalk area resorts and the Int'l Gateway and the ease of entering and exiting Epcot and worried how this may change

TheFloatingBear and Boski like this.
  2. DisneyCAL

DisneyCAL DIS Veteran

I called today at noon after trying a bunch; CM said it's completely booked up, we tried multiple dates. So not sure why all of a sudden its like trying to get a CRT ressie but it is.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Found this question on the Beach Club Room View thread:

I'm not sure how many people follow this thread. I can post your question over on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ to see if anyone there has stayed in either of those rooms.

It looks to me like those two rooms face the back entrance courtyard on the lakeside of the resort. I don't know anything else about the rooms like what the exact view is, whether they have full or smaller balconies or what type of bedding the rooms have.

:goodvibes

5. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

Here's my thought. Yes....the actual gateway will be jammed at the turnstiles, but once you get past that, it should be pretty peaceful. Here's hoping!

Hopefully likes this.
  6. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

I have no idea what this will look like, but assume the "station" will be in the grass island that is in front of IG as you approach the ticket booths and entrance. I assume the volume of passengers/guests will be no more than the Friendship Boats so see a limited impact on the actual entrance from IG to Epcot. Full disclosure; I have not read much on this and am assuming a lot!

luvpoohandcompany likes this.
  7. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I disagree on the potential impact (of course my speculation). There could be/will be many guests from CBR or beyond now trying it enter at the IG.

Boski, focusondisney and sjs314 like this.
  8. Feckless

Feckless DIS Veteran

Booked my flight down on points today. In order to get the "free" flight, we had to go down on the 17th. So, we added a day! We arrive at 8 pm on the 17th. We live so far away that the flight for the four of us one way was $1,900 (!!!!) so it made sense to pay for one more night at the resort and get the added bonus of more time at Disney. :)

9. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

This was my thoughts exactly guests from CBR and AOA plus just other Epcot visitors wanting to ride to DS it could be quite a mess

Boski and focusondisney like this.
  10. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

Okay, to be realistic about this though, think of a gondola and how many people it will hold at any one time. Also, I believe you will only have two gondolas, one coming, one going, at any one time. Of course my experience with this is very limited as I have not visited any of the International resorts where this type of transportation is popular. I would agree though with Scott MC that the affect should be minimal, with no more than a Friendship boat off-loading. Nothing to get worked up about just yet. Sounds like an E-ticket ride to me. Now if you put a monorail station unloading at the IG, that would be a different story and one to get a little excited about.
    Katesdad

11. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

I don't disagree with you at all and of course my thoughts are purely speculation as well. My point was that the number of additional guests and flow to/from IG will be governed by the size [capacity] of the gondola and frequency of arrival/departure, similar to what we see with the Friendship boats today. I see the biggest logjam at park closure when the non-Epcot resort guests have only one option to get back to CBR and beyond when exiting IG. I'll leave it at that.

12. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

Great! We will be there 6/30-7/3

natebenma likes this.
  13. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

As I sit at home surrounded by the noise and mess of having a new flat roof fitted to our home I'm staying positive by thinking about Crews Cup Lounge as an option for "date night" when we visit. Thinking happy thoughts on WDW and especially Y&BC are keeping me upbeat and productive. It's sure been a stressful year so far and I hope things start changing for the better now.

Anyone else have some great locations in mind for a couple celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this year?

14. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

page 791-792

I'm still behind, but thanks to everyone for answering questions and providing feedback about everything, including the Secret entrances/exits at BC and YC, pool chair availability, dining reservations and skyways!

:thanks:

My two cents- My trips to the Beach and Yacht Club have been in July (2), August (2) and October. I have used Stormalong Bay in both the morning and afternoons on the trips. I have always been able to find one or two seats, but sometimes they are not in the most convenient place. If you cross over the bridges, you get to areas that are not directly connected to the other walkways, but I have always been able to find seats there. They are chairs, though, not loungers.

I believe there is some info/reviews about availability of seating on Page 1. Try Post 2 or 3, the Pool Posts and also check out ~Ninjamom's hilarious comments about Chair Piggies (search that term and you will find it- post linked in either Post 13 or 14)

:fish:

:wave:

Good to see you again!

:goodvibes

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:cool2:

Thanks for your review of the Yachtsman. Glad you had a spectacular meal!

::yes::

AGoofykindagirl and HBGdancermom like this.
  15. MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ DIS Veteran

I'm so excited for our upcoming (and first) stay at the YC! We've been to Disney a lot since our first family trip in 2012, where we fell in love with the BC/YC after a visit to Cape May Cafe. We could never make it work financially until now, and I really can't wait!

I know my girls are going to be SO EXCITED to finally get to play at SAB. We walk past it at least once every time we go down to WDW. We'll be at the YC from 8/27-9/1 --- SO PUMPED to be catching the first night of Food & Wine!!!

16. jezebel73

jezebel73 DIS Veteran

We will be there 8/22-31 with three 12 year old girls - we'll probably see you at the pool!! And at Food & Wine if you go on the 31st... This is a huge splurge for us as well and I'm over the moon excited to finally stay there. I've been 12 times and we never did Deluxe until this past September. Of course I'm hooked! :teeth:

17. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

I have been reading the thread on the rumors & news board. Several folks there seem to have quite a bit of experience with these types of gondolas & info as it pertains to Disney. They are talking about possibility 1200 people an hour being moved with this type of transportation. :eek: Seems guests from POP & AoA will also have direct access to this. Also definitely several gondolas moving all the time. Less than 4 minutes from DS to CBR, another 4 minutes from CBR to Epcot. I can see most people picking this over the boat or bus.

Sounds like quite an impact to the IG if that's all true. Interesting reading over there! Maybe I should take more of a wait & see attitude. But the more I read about this, the sadder I get. I just don't want to lose that quiet relaxing atmosphere around the Y&B.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  18. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

I am so excited for our upcoming trip and first time to Beach Club!! I am wondering if anyone knows what night cape may has ribs?? someone mentioned it to me the other day and my kids LOVE Ribs!!!
    as well, where are these secret entrances people talk about at Beach club?!

19. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Check out post #13 on page #1 of this awesome thread for description, details and pictures of the secret entrances.

natebenma and HBGdancermom like this.
  20. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!!!

HBGdancermom likes this.
  21. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2