Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions: Refurb News, Post #1

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. JennLTX

JennLTX Earning My Ears

Yay!!! This sounds perfect!!! :mickeyjum

2. gumbo1009

gumbo1009 ...flawed product of a deranged mind...

Hi. I have a naive question - re the "BC secret entrance" - do the BCV folks have access to it? (Just curious.) And I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere! Thank u!

3. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

No
    The BCV are a totally separate building built behind the main BC Hotel. It was built in the former CM parking lot. The " secret entrance " is in the main resort, closer to the walkway to Epcot

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

Hmm. The Secret Entrance wouldn't speed up the time it would take someone to get to their BCV room.

But what if someone is staying at BCV, and wants to go into the Beach Club Main Building on their way back from Epcot? Can the BCV guest access the secret entrance? Do you need a Magic Band to open the door, and if so, would the BCV guest's Magic Band work?

6. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Thanks for posting this, I will have to keep a close eye on when and if the refurb will be done by our Nov. trip. The breakfast buffet at CG is one of our favorites

7. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Anyone can use that door, at least during most hours of the day. I think there used to be a card reader there (so maybe there is a MB reader now) and the door was locked "after hours" whatever that means.

::yes::

Hopefully likes this.
  8. Liberator

Liberator Mouseketeer

we had dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Monday. After the delicious appetizers we shared the Porterhouse for two. We ordered medium rare, but it seems that in Europe we have a different understanding of that. Our server handled it very well.

They put it on the grill again for a few moments and then it was PERFECT. I mean, it was excellent! The whole dinner was just fabulous.

Our server, I forgot his name but I remember that he was of Columbian origin, was very fast, friendly and helpful.

The dessert was also just perfect. From the 4 signature restaurants we dined at this trip the Yachtsman was the best.

Attached Files:

9. DisneyCAL

DisneyCAL DIS Veteran

Went to make my 180 day reservations and there are no times for Cape May Cafe Breakfast. Anybody know why that would be? DH and I at two computers right at 6:00am couldn't get any times. We got all our other restaurants including ohana and BOG so this has me boggled. Trattoria Al Forno is also an issue but I know they are changing that up to a character breakfast and ressies aren't up yet but how come Cape May?

10. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I suggest that you keep looking for an ADR. It is common for some of the restaurants to load their times in a bit late.

11. Evoga

Evoga Mouseketeer

I am also unable to book Cape May for breakfast. Dinner is available but nothing for breakfast.

12. MindyMouse76

MindyMouse76 Mouseketeer

I am staying at the Yacht Club soon. Can someone explain to me this secret entrance, how it saves time and where it is. Is there one for each BC and YC? Thanks!

13. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Check out post #13 on page #1 of this awesome thread for details, descriptions and pictures.

14. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

What I would do if I was you is contact Disney customer relations and explain what happened. I know the beach club is showing no openings BUT I am sure by the time you go there will be at least a few cancellations. The BC is beautiful and you have the same SAB as the YC and there is no construction going on at the BC. It can't hurt. Maybe even contact the manager of the YC to let them know what happened and perhaps he could get you moved over to the BC. It can't hurt to try.

15. BarbieGal457

BarbieGal457 DIS Veteran

Wow, thank you so much to everyone who helped me with my pool question! I knew my friends at the DIS would know! It seems we will be in good shape. We probably do only need one chair anyway as my boyfriend is almost always in the pool and I am the one who takes more breaks on dry land. However I am a sucker for the hot tubs so we'll see who is the fish this time around! I am dreaming of SAB right now in my freezing office in the Northeast!! This is also my first time, in all my dozens of trips, staying at a deluxe so I am off in dreamland today with excitement.

16. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

A secret entrance is really a fire door that leads to a staircase. These fire doors are located throughout the YC and BC. If your room is conveniently located near one of these staircases then it can be quicker to exit the fire door to go to places like the pool, Hollywood Studios, Epcot or the Boardwalk, for example, then it is to walk all the way back to the lobby and then out the main lobby doors. It is also a good way to get out of the rain, the cold or the heat and walk through hallways instead of the elements.

There is an especially convenient fire door, aka secret entrance, in the YC that is very close to the YC marina. And there is an especially convenient fire door, aka secret entrance, at the BC that is steps away from the International Gateway and the bridge to the Boardwalk. I've been in other resorts that don't have these fire exits, the Boardwalk is one of them, and there is a lot more walking in those resorts.

17. EasternShoreGal

EasternShoreGal Mouseketeer

Hmmm...my guess is probably not but that is strictly a guess on my part.

18. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

I'm intrigued. With a YC stay in the summer, I think we'll try walking through the hotels (I know there is a portion that is outside with a covered walkway) instead of the swampy air at least once. We'll try it on the way back from IG one day, and see how long it takes. I don't care if it's a bit longer, if I can be cooler for that part of the walk!

natebenma and Feckless like this.
  19. JennLTX

JennLTX Earning My Ears

I've done the walk between YC and BC a couple of times and never thought it was particularly long. Now that I know about the doors, I'm going to have to try that, too!

Wood Nymph and alex9179 like this.
  20. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

Those hot tubs at SAB were the only reason I stayed sane after experiencing awful sciatic pain mid way through our vacation there. It was bliss to have those hot jets of water massaging my sore muscles after a day walking around on concrete in the heat at the parks. I hope they are not too busy whilst you are there and you get some quality time to enjoy them too.

AGoofykindagirl and Wood Nymph like this.
  21. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

page 790

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Thanks for your input.

:goodvibes

From Page 1, Post 14 of the thread. I'm not sure if the Free Dining BB is still available.

According to recent guests, the offer has not been in the room so you need to call the telephone number or extension (x8844 from your room) to ask what is available.

A couple of other posters gave some helpful info before I had a chance to post.

::yes::

2017 Free Dining Bounceback

[​IMG]

The dates for the 2017 Free Dining bounceback for current WDW resort guests:

5/30-6/6/17
    6/30-7/5/17
    8/11-9/9/17
    12/8-12/20/17

Must be booked by September 30, 2016 (or possibly Oct 31 from some reports)

2017 Room Only Bounceback

[​IMG]

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Saving based on the discounted price of the same room. Additional per-adult price applies if more than 2 adults in a room in a Disney Moderate or Deluxe Resorts. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. This offer is only available to guests of Walt Disney World Resort Hotels and is non-transferable. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes 3 bedroom villas and campsites.

Please remember, you must book your bounceback WHILE you are at the resort. There is usually a one night stay deposit.

:welcome: back!!!

Nice to see you posting again.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list next time I update.

:cheer2:

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I am sorry to hear that you got poor information when calling the Central Reservations Office. It is annoying that they don't have updated information about upcoming work at the resorts. This rehab has been in the works for a couple of years now, but it kept getting postponed. I'm guessing that Disney probably doesn't share the info with the reservations crew until they are sure the work is imminent. Even on the booking website, there was a warning of the dates of the remodel a couple of times but the actual dates were later changed.

I'm thinking this time it's for real.

Only you can make the decision about if you should stay with the resort or not. As far as I know, with the exception of some work on the restaurants/lounges in the lobby, the work is going to be only to the rooms, not any grounds/exterior work.

Is Beach Club an option for you? Same amenities and management staff, decent location, you still have access to Stormalong Bay and the Health Club. Biggest drawback for me is that not all rooms have full balconies at the BC .

I have not been to the resort while work was being done, so I can't offer any personal feedback about that.

:cool2:

AGoofykindagirl likes this.