Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am staying at the Yacht Club soon. Can someone explain to me this secret entrance, how it saves time and where it is. Is there one for each BC and YC? Thanks!

Oh that is so sweet of you...after I posted, I saw my signature and realized I hadn't updated that in a LONG TIME! My boys are now 20 & 15. Where does the time go?!?! I'm going to keep the reservation and go with a positive attitude that it's going to be great! Thank you so much for alleviating some reservations on my part!

What I would do if I was you is contact Disney customer relations and explain what happened. I know the beach club is showing no openings BUT I am sure by the time you go there will be at least a few cancellations. The BC is beautiful and you have the same SAB as the YC and there is no construction going on at the BC. It can't hurt. Maybe even contact the manager of the YC to let them know what happened and perhaps he could get you moved over to the BC. It can't hurt to try.

Wow, thank you so much to everyone who helped me with my pool question! I knew my friends at the DIS would know! It seems we will be in good shape. We probably do only need one chair anyway as my boyfriend is almost always in the pool and I am the one who takes more breaks on dry land. However I am a sucker for the hot tubs so we'll see who is the fish this time around! I am dreaming of SAB right now in my freezing office in the Northeast!! This is also my first time, in all my dozens of trips, staying at a deluxe so I am off in dreamland today with excitement.

I am staying at the Yacht Club soon. Can someone explain to me this secret entrance, how it saves time and where it is. Is there one for each BC and YC? Thanks!
A secret entrance is really a fire door that leads to a staircase. These fire doors are located throughout the YC and BC. If your room is conveniently located near one of these staircases then it can be quicker to exit the fire door to go to places like the pool, Hollywood Studios, Epcot or the Boardwalk, for example, then it is to walk all the way back to the lobby and then out the main lobby doors. It is also a good way to get out of the rain, the cold or the heat and walk through hallways instead of the elements.

There is an especially convenient fire door, aka secret entrance, in the YC that is very close to the YC marina. And there is an especially convenient fire door, aka secret entrance, at the BC that is steps away from the International Gateway and the bridge to the Boardwalk. I've been in other resorts that don't have these fire exits, the Boardwalk is one of them, and there is a lot more walking in those resorts.

And there is an especially convenient fire door, aka secret entrance, at the BC that is steps away from the International Gateway and the bridge to the Boardwalk.

I'm intrigued. With a YC stay in the summer, I think we'll try walking through the hotels (I know there is a portion that is outside with a covered walkway) instead of the swampy air at least once. We'll try it on the way back from IG one day, and see how long it takes. I don't care if it's a bit longer, if I can be cooler for that part of the walk!

I'm intrigued. With a YC stay in the summer, I think we'll try walking through the hotels (I know there is a portion that is outside with a covered walkway) instead of the swampy air at least once. We'll try it on the way back from IG one day, and see how long it takes. I don't care if it's a bit longer, if I can be cooler for that part of the walk!
I've done the walk between YC and BC a couple of times and never thought it was particularly long. Now that I know about the doors, I'm going to have to try that, too!

Wow, thank you so much to everyone who helped me with my pool question! I knew my friends at the DIS would know! It seems we will be in good shape. We probably do only need one chair anyway as my boyfriend is almost always in the pool and I am the one who takes more breaks on dry land. However I am a sucker for the hot tubs so we'll see who is the fish this time around! I am dreaming of SAB right now in my freezing office in the Northeast!! This is also my first time, in all my dozens of trips, staying at a deluxe so I am off in dreamland today with excitement.
Those hot tubs at SAB were the only reason I stayed sane after experiencing awful sciatic pain mid way through our vacation there. It was bliss to have those hot jets of water massaging my sore muscles after a day walking around on concrete in the heat at the parks. I hope they are not too busy whilst you are there and you get some quality time to enjoy them too.

page 790

SAB is much bigger than any other pool on site. My wife and I do seem to spend more down time here especially in the lazy river portion.

For breakfast we do one of two thingd ... (1) walk over to Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France (EPCOT) and grab some sandwiches there or (2) walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery for their goodies

Have a great trip! :)

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Thanks for your input.

:goodvibes

Hi - can anyone tell me if there's a current bounceback at the BCR? thanks!

From Page 1, Post 14 of the thread. I'm not sure if the Free Dining BB is still available.

According to recent guests, the offer has not been in the room so you need to call the telephone number or extension (x8844 from your room) to ask what is available.

A couple of other posters gave some helpful info before I had a chance to post.

::yes::

2017 Free Dining Bounceback

Bounce%20Back%202017%20free%20dining.jpg

The dates for the 2017 Free Dining bounceback for current WDW resort guests:

5/30-6/6/17
6/30-7/5/17
8/11-9/9/17
12/8-12/20/17

Must be booked by September 30, 2016 (or possibly Oct 31 from some reports)

2017 Room Only Bounceback

Bounce%20Back%202017%20Room%20Only.png

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Saving based on the discounted price of the same room. Additional per-adult price applies if more than 2 adults in a room in a Disney Moderate or Deluxe Resorts. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. This offer is only available to guests of Walt Disney World Resort Hotels and is non-transferable. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes 3 bedroom villas and campsites.

Please remember, you must book your bounceback WHILE you are at the resort. There is usually a one night stay deposit.

Coming back to the BC August 5-13, cant wait. I've missed that place and this thread. Please add me to the list.:yay:

:welcome: back!!!

Nice to see you posting again.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

In again for marathon weekend 2018 running the 10K and half marathon. :cool1: Booked a Studio at BCVs 1/3/18 - 1/11/18.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list next time I update.

:cheer2:

We have a stay booked at the YC June 3 - 10. We've enjoyed many on site stays at Disney, but this is our first at the YC. I was very excited to book here, until I got the refurb news. I'm trying to decide whether to cancel or keep the reservation.

We ended up at WL last summer during renovations, so when I booked this trip last September, I specifically asked if there were any refurbs planned for our stay. I was told no. I had to make some adjustments, add the Magical Express, etc. so during each call, I've asked about the refurbs (which I saw online) and no less than 4 times, I was assured there were no refurbs affecting our stay. I was consistently told by CMs everything was to be completed at the end of May. And last night, I get the email informing me that, in fact, our stay is during the refurb process. I called and, of course, was told that due to limited availability at others resorts, I couldn't be moved at this time.

Very disappointed that Captain's Grille will be closed, as we planned to take advantage of a very convenient breakfast buffet. I'm also wondering what areas will be affected while we're there? It says some pathways will be unavailable, etc. It appears to me that the locations for mug refills are not convenient, as well as not many choices for QS meals. I'm concerned about the location of many things...it looks like it'll be a hike to get a refill, a QS, or a Table Service. These concerns, in addition to the refurb, are making me feel that I made a huge mistake in choosing this resort.

We are Disney lovers, and know that we walk many miles during our trips so it isn't the walking to places that concerns me, it is the time involved to do simple things, like grab a drink or a snack. Or being re-routed due to pathways/hallways/elevators being unavailable. Also, I think I'd be disappointed if we got an "older" room, knowing that new rooms were just completed.

Lastly, I am in a cardiac rehab program, and I have to utilize the gym 5 days per week, so the gym being available is a MUST. I was going to request being located close to the gym (I have to do 40 minutes as it is, so any time not spent just getting there is helpful!). But do I want a room closer to the gym, even if it's an "older" room?

My main reason for staying here was SAB...and we have 5 people and the rooms accommodate our party size nicely. I decided against the Water Park tickets because of SAB ~ we really enjoy our afternoon pool time!

Anyone who has visited during this refurb that has any input is appreciated!

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I am sorry to hear that you got poor information when calling the Central Reservations Office. It is annoying that they don't have updated information about upcoming work at the resorts. This rehab has been in the works for a couple of years now, but it kept getting postponed. I'm guessing that Disney probably doesn't share the info with the reservations crew until they are sure the work is imminent. Even on the booking website, there was a warning of the dates of the remodel a couple of times but the actual dates were later changed.

I'm thinking this time it's for real.

Only you can make the decision about if you should stay with the resort or not. As far as I know, with the exception of some work on the restaurants/lounges in the lobby, the work is going to be only to the rooms, not any grounds/exterior work.

Is Beach Club an option for you? Same amenities and management staff, decent location, you still have access to Stormalong Bay and the Health Club. Biggest drawback for me is that not all rooms have full balconies at the BC .

I have not been to the resort while work was being done, so I can't offer any personal feedback about that.

:cool2:

I was going to post this here as well. I haven't visited this thread in a while :duck:(Hi everyone!). It seems like this might actually happen. I'm not too concerned about the aesthetics as it appears to be in front of the BW but I am concerned about the IG being the point of drop off. One of the best things about staying at any Epcot resort is that the IG is so convenient and you can RD Epcot without much of a crowd. Will this be the end of that luxury?
Big fan of the Boardwalk area resorts and the Int'l Gateway and the ease of entering and exiting Epcot and worried how this may change

I am also unable to book Cape May for breakfast. Dinner is available but nothing for breakfast.
I called today at noon after trying a bunch; CM said it's completely booked up, we tried multiple dates. So not sure why all of a sudden its like trying to get a CRT ressie but it is.

Found this question on the Beach Club Room View thread:

Does anyone have pictures of CL rooms 5680 or 5682? Thanks

I'm not sure how many people follow this thread. I can post your question over on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ to see if anyone there has stayed in either of those rooms.

It looks to me like those two rooms face the back entrance courtyard on the lakeside of the resort. I don't know anything else about the rooms like what the exact view is, whether they have full or smaller balconies or what type of bedding the rooms have.

:goodvibes

Big fan of the Boardwalk area resorts and the Int'l Gateway and the ease of entering and exiting Epcot and worried how this may change

Here's my thought. Yes....the actual gateway will be jammed at the turnstiles, but once you get past that, it should be pretty peaceful. Here's hoping!

Here's my thought. Yes....the actual gateway will be jammed at the turnstiles, but once you get past that, it should be pretty peaceful. Here's hoping!
I have no idea what this will look like, but assume the "station" will be in the grass island that is in front of IG as you approach the ticket booths and entrance. I assume the volume of passengers/guests will be no more than the Friendship Boats so see a limited impact on the actual entrance from IG to Epcot. Full disclosure; I have not read much on this and am assuming a lot!

I have no idea what this will look like, but assume the "station" will be in the grass island that is in front of IG as you approach the ticket booths and entrance. I assume the volume of passengers/guests will be no more than the Friendship Boats so see a limited impact on the actual entrance from IG to Epcot. Full disclosure; I have not read much on this and am assuming a lot!

I disagree on the potential impact (of course my speculation). There could be/will be many guests from CBR or beyond now trying it enter at the IG.

Booked my flight down on points today. In order to get the "free" flight, we had to go down on the 17th. So, we added a day! We arrive at 8 pm on the 17th. We live so far away that the flight for the four of us one way was $1,900 (!!!!) so it made sense to pay for one more night at the resort and get the added bonus of more time at Disney. :)

I disagree on the potential impact (of course my speculation). There could be/will be many guests from CBR or beyond now trying it enter at the IG.
This was my thoughts exactly guests from CBR and AOA plus just other Epcot visitors wanting to ride to DS it could be quite a mess
Okay, to be realistic about this though, think of a gondola and how many people it will hold at any one time. Also, I believe you will only have two gondolas, one coming, one going, at any one time. Of course my experience with this is very limited as I have not visited any of the International resorts where this type of transportation is popular. I would agree though with Scott MC that the affect should be minimal, with no more than a Friendship boat off-loading. Nothing to get worked up about just yet. Sounds like an E-ticket ride to me. Now if you put a monorail station unloading at the IG, that would be a different story and one to get a little excited about.
Katesdad

I don't disagree with you at all and of course my thoughts are purely speculation as well. My point was that the number of additional guests and flow to/from IG will be governed by the size [capacity] of the gondola and frequency of arrival/departure, similar to what we see with the Friendship boats today. I see the biggest logjam at park closure when the non-Epcot resort guests have only one option to get back to CBR and beyond when exiting IG. I'll leave it at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter