Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone!!

I had a question about SAB that I really haven't found a good answer for despite all my readings. Are pool chairs difficult to come by, in the sense we'd have to be there almost at pool open? We (2 people) love to swim but have never spent much time at the pool. We usually stay at values and I find the atmosphere a lot less relaxing, and I hate the fact that I feel like I'm on top of 10 other people while sitting down. I know it will definitely be crowded, but if we come back for an afternoon swim, is it going to be a giant headache to find somewhere to sit? We have no children so no need to be directly AT/in the direct view of the water, and I don't really care what area I plop down but I just want to brace myself for a long search if that's the usual case. We will be there 5/30-6/4, so during warmer weather. I'm sure seating is generally easier to find at the quiet pools but with such a legendary pool as SAB I am sure we will spend most of our time there.

ETA: I feel like this came off snobby and I really apologize, it was never meant that way. I love the values and often stay at them! I find their pools very fun and themed very cute but the pool-chair-shimmy is one that isn't my favorite. I am sure no one wants me so close to them as I try to maneuver my chair hahaha
We never found it overcrowded there and to be honest it was so relaxing on the loungers on the sand bank we fell asleep for a little over an hour!! Good job our kid was a sensible boy we didn't even have worry about his safety there were plenty of life guards in duty and he's a good swimmer thank goodness. We took seats on the opposite side too on a couple of afternoons and never had a problem with space or people encroaching on us. Just make sure as always to protect any valuables. I think there are still lockers near the pool area to pop them into.
We totally get what you mean about the value resorts pools they are very loud and you really need to watch out for people it's often so crowded at their pools.
My only grievance at any pool is with those people who think that they can reserve a seat all day with a towel and then disappear to the parks for hours, but that happens everywhere to some degree. That's another thread entirely so I won't digress further.

RUMOR ALERT: about the Y&B & BW area: being reported on the rumors &news forum that Disney has filed plans to build a gondola/ skyway type transport from the International Gateway area to Carribbean Beach (possibly from the rumored vacation club building??) onto the Studios. Also might include stops at AoA.

Looks like it will go thru or behind the Boardwalk. Is the quiet beauty of these resorts & quick IG access about to change??

RUMOR ALERT: about the Y&B & BW area: being reported on the rumors &news forum that Disney has filed plans to build a gondola/ skyway type transport from the International Gateway area to Carribbean Beach (possibly from the rumored vacation club building??) onto the Studios. Also might include stops at AoA.

Looks like it will go thru or behind the Boardwalk. Is the quiet beauty of these resorts & quick IG access about to change??

With FL being the lightning capital of the world, a skyway type transport doesn't seem likely. The old-fashioned gondola ride was closed in MK years ago for this very reason--it was shut down as often as it was open due to weather issues. Then again, with Disney, who knows. :confused3

With FL being the lightning capital of the world, a skyway type transport doesn't seem likely. The old-fashioned gondola ride was closed in MK years ago for this very reason--it was shut down as often as it was open due to weather issues. Then again, with Disney, who knows. :confused3

There is discussion about that going on too. All seems very strange to me, but lots of folks on that thread are excited about the possibility.

I was going to post this here as well. I haven't visited this thread in a while :duck:(Hi everyone!). It seems like this might actually happen. I'm not too concerned about the aesthetics as it appears to be in front of the BW but I am concerned about the IG being the point of drop off. One of the best things about staying at any Epcot resort is that the IG is so convenient and you can RD Epcot without much of a crowd. Will this be the end of that luxury?

Hi everyone!!

I had a question about SAB that I really haven't found a good answer for despite all my readings. Are pool chairs difficult to come by, in the sense we'd have to be there almost at pool open? We (2 people) love to swim but have never spent much time at the pool. We usually stay at values and I find the atmosphere a lot less relaxing, and I hate the fact that I feel like I'm on top of 10 other people while sitting down. I know it will definitely be crowded, but if we come back for an afternoon swim, is it going to be a giant headache to find somewhere to sit? We have no children so no need to be directly AT/in the direct view of the water, and I don't really care what area I plop down but I just want to brace myself for a long search if that's the usual case. We will be there 5/30-6/4, so during warmer weather. I'm sure seating is generally easier to find at the quiet pools but with such a legendary pool as SAB I am sure we will spend most of our time there.

ETA: I feel like this came off snobby and I really apologize, it was never meant that way. I love the values and often stay at them! I find their pools very fun and themed very cute but the pool-chair-shimmy is one that isn't my favorite. I am sure no one wants me so close to them as I try to maneuver my chair hahaha
I've usually been able to find chairs in the afternoon, especially since I am one of those people who will take used towels off abandoned chairs so that I can sit there. There seem to be more open chairs near the YC then near the BC for some reason.

We're there those exact same dates! Did your signature say at one point you have a 12 year old DS? If that's the case and he'd like an SAB buddy, my 11 year old DS knows his way around and LOVES it. :-)

Hey! My boys are 12 and 9, so maybe they'll all end up hanging out :) Their 13 yo sister will probably join in, too. We're planning on pool afternoons and relaxing most of the day on 6/7 (though that's up in the air with Pandora opening).

Hey! My boys are 12 and 9, so maybe they'll all end up hanging out :) Their 13 yo sister will probably join in, too. We're planning on pool afternoons and relaxing most of the day on 6/7 (though that's up in the air with Pandora opening).
Okay we definitely have to communicate on our overlap days because my son would LOVE that!!!! :stitch:

We've
Hi everyone!!

We've only been in September but every time we've been there, the hotel (at least BC) has been at capacity. We've never had any difficulty finding chairs and I'm picky because I will only sit in the shade :)

Hi. I have a naive question - re the "BC secret entrance" - do the BCV folks have access to it? (Just curious.) And I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere! Thank u!

Hi. I have a naive question - re the "BC secret entrance" - do the BCV folks have access to it? (Just curious.) And I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere! Thank u!

No
The BCV are a totally separate building built behind the main BC Hotel. It was built in the former CM parking lot. The " secret entrance " is in the main resort, closer to the walkway to Epcot

No
The BCV are a totally separate building built behind the main BC Hotel. It was built in the former CM parking lot. The " secret entrance " is in the main resort, closer to the walkway to Epcot

Hmm. The Secret Entrance wouldn't speed up the time it would take someone to get to their BCV room.

But what if someone is staying at BCV, and wants to go into the Beach Club Main Building on their way back from Epcot? Can the BCV guest access the secret entrance? Do you need a Magic Band to open the door, and if so, would the BCV guest's Magic Band work?

I just received an email regarding my YC stay. I know that some people are wondering if the breakfast buffet will be available at Ariel's during the relocation. It will NOT.

"Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace."
Thanks for posting this, I will have to keep a close eye on when and if the refurb will be done by our Nov. trip. The breakfast buffet at CG is one of our favorites

Hmm. The Secret Entrance wouldn't speed up the time it would take someone to get to their BCV room.

But what if someone is staying at BCV, and wants to go into the Beach Club Main Building on their way back from Epcot? Can the BCV guest access the secret entrance? Do you need a Magic Band to open the door, and if so, would the BCV guest's Magic Band work?

Anyone can use that door, at least during most hours of the day. I think there used to be a card reader there (so maybe there is a MB reader now) and the door was locked "after hours" whatever that means.

::yes::

we had dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Monday. After the delicious appetizers we shared the Porterhouse for two. We ordered medium rare, but it seems that in Europe we have a different understanding of that. Our server handled it very well.

They put it on the grill again for a few moments and then it was PERFECT. I mean, it was excellent! The whole dinner was just fabulous.

Our server, I forgot his name but I remember that he was of Columbian origin, was very fast, friendly and helpful.

The dessert was also just perfect. From the 4 signature restaurants we dined at this trip the Yachtsman was the best.

Attachments

• IMG-20170213-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20170213-WA0004.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 46
Went to make my 180 day reservations and there are no times for Cape May Cafe Breakfast. Anybody know why that would be? DH and I at two computers right at 6:00am couldn't get any times. We got all our other restaurants including ohana and BOG so this has me boggled. Trattoria Al Forno is also an issue but I know they are changing that up to a character breakfast and ressies aren't up yet but how come Cape May?

Went to make my 180 day reservations and there are no times for Cape May Cafe Breakfast. Anybody know why that would be? DH and I at two computers right at 6:00am couldn't get any times. We got all our other restaurants including ohana and BOG so this has me boggled. Trattoria Al Forno is also an issue but I know they are changing that up to a character breakfast and ressies aren't up yet but how come Cape May?
I suggest that you keep looking for an ADR. It is common for some of the restaurants to load their times in a bit late.

I am also unable to book Cape May for breakfast. Dinner is available but nothing for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter