Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We had a great day at F&W. We came back to our Villa for a rest mid afternoon and returned early evening. We were rained out around 8. I enjoyed everything I ate at the booths today (lots)
The 2nd Bathroom in our 2 BR Villa has a shower and no tub. So the only tub is the soaking tub in the Master Bath. I think that would be difficult to bathe little ones in.
The king bed in the Master has the fleece blanket.
We are in a dedicated 2 BR - so 2 Queens in the second BR and it sleeps 8.
We have a great view of high Illuminations fireworks through the trees from our balcony.
Tomorrow is MK in the AM, Geyser Point at WL for lunch and F & W again for dinner. Hoping we aren’t rained out in the AM

Last edited:
Contacted Guest Services and was able to get our Marathon Weekend reservation at YC switched to BC.
If anyone has a reservation and really doesn't want to be around the dogs I strongly encourage you to call Guest Services. Even though BC shows no availability in my category online he was able to switch it while maintaining both our view and price. He said they're receiving a lot of negative feedback about the dogs and they're trying to accommodate people who are asking to be switched.
That's a huge change from an earlier report of someone who had been refused this exact request! Thank you for posting!

Some of Disney's deluxe resorts will soon be offering revised hours for their private in-room dining services.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort, and Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will be losing their 24 hour private dining.

New resort private dining hours effective October 29 2017

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
  • Breakfast - 6am to noon
  • All day dining - Noon to 11pm
  • Late Night - 11pm to 2am
Source: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...dining-at-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

So let's see. You can't get 24 hour room service. You will be fighting with more people to get Fastpasses at the 60 day mark (more hotels given the privilege). There may be dogs in the hotel and/or there might have been dogs in your room before you checked in. There will be a gondola overhead so that people at other hotels can get to Epcot and Hollywood Studios easily, which I believe will detract from the ambience.

Seems like Disney is not showing a lot of love to the Yacht Club (among other resorts) these days.

More hotels getting 60 day privileges? Missed that one somehow! Which ones? (I ask this nervously but I can't find a nail-biting emoji to convey that! Current FP competition is enough!!)

I'm confused about bus service. TP says that there's a bus from YC to HS, but I can't find that info anywhere else. Can anyone confirm?

I'm confused about bus service. TP says that there's a bus from YC to HS, but I can't find that info anywhere else. Can anyone confirm?

Only if boat service is shut down for weather. Swan & Dolphin actually have a bus--I've seen it but never used it, but found it curious since they also have boat service.

Only if boat service is shut down for weather. Swan & Dolphin actually have a bus--I've seen it but never used it, but found it curious since they also have boat service.

Thanks. I was hoping for another option. I know the boat is slow and I am worried about my 7 year old being too tired to walk back after a long day 6 of the trip! :) Might just Uber it if that happens.

Thanks. I was hoping for another option. I know the boat is slow and I am worried about my 7 year old being too tired to walk back after a long day 6 of the trip! :) Might just Uber it if that happens.
You could get a Minnie car very quick and friendly all the drivers are CMs and can use CM lanes in and out of Disney properties. Lots of seating and very comfortable too.

You could get a Minnie car very quick and friendly all the drivers are CMs and can use CM lanes in and out of Disney properties. Lots of seating and very comfortable too.

Are they usually waiting at the parks? I know I can get one from the hotel, but we might be ok walking in the morning.

Yep - and sometimes not even then. We were staying at BC a few years back and it was raining when we headed to DHS. There was no boat and no bus. We were told we could walk or get a cab. I was less-than-thrilled with the response. We took a cab.

Inside look at improvements to YC Convention Center:

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts Expansion – Coming 2018

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center, Newport Ballroom – Artist Concept Only

As part of Disney’s commitment to creating exceptional meetings and events, we are providing meeting planners and event organizers with even more resources to deliver on their goals by expanding the convention center and renovating the Guest rooms at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center, Pre-Function Area – Artist Concept Only

A 28,000-square-foot expansion of the convention center at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort will bring the total amount of flexible meeting and event space at this popular resort location to 100,000 square feet.

The new convention area will boast a 16,000 square-foot ballroom that can be divided into eight dynamic breakout spaces. The expansion will also include three pre-function areas and two distinct gathering rotundas providing unique networking spaces for attendees to relax and reconnect.

Wondering if anyone can update about what the alcoholic beverages are currently at the YC? Looking through the posts it shows info from 2013 and while I can imagine they may have not changed I assume they might have :).
Thanks!

Wondering if anyone can update about what the alcoholic beverages are currently at the YC? Looking through the posts it shows info from 2013 and while I can imagine they may have not changed I assume they might have :).
Thanks!
If it's coming in 2018, does that mean it's being built now?

Are they usually waiting at the parks? I know I can get one from the hotel, but we might be ok walking in the morning.
Our driver had a card and on the back he had the pick up locations from the parks as well as the hotel options. I don’t have it with me at the moment it’s in our room but they can get you very close to the front entrance area on your way there and pick up not too far from the gates for your return. They will tell you where to meet them safely and you can watch their progress in the app live with their vehicle number for peace of mind. Our driver had been a cast member for just over 3 years and worked in merchandise in Epcot before they started the whole Minnie cars/vans experience and yes they can accommodate guests with ECVs/ wheelchairs too in a bigger vehicle just let them know that’s what you need when using the app. From door to door it’s a very useful addition to the transport options these days, especially during those busy days when you just want to get from A to B with some grace. I’ll post the pick up locations later on I promise. At the moment I’m waiting on the guys riding the orange side of Mission Space I can’t handle that one today I’m sitting it out;)

If it's coming in 2018, does that mean it's being built now?
It sure is huge and nowhere near ready just yet. The bare metal frames are very visible from the road and parking lots only one wall has been started from what I can see breezeblock and insulation....however the actual work isn’t bothering us too much apart from this morning when we had no electric for about half an hour 05:00-05:30 which wasn’t bad they left us voice mail messages about that and left us a lovely letter in our room about it in advance. Don’t worry there’s still access to the parking spaces and buses on BCs side. We’ve seen some work vehicles dropping materials and whatnot but they don’t impact too much on the buses maybe a 5 minute unload at best then they go. The road outside the resort has warning lights on bollards for oncoming traffic to indicate turning heavy vehicles approaching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter