Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone know how much the Ale & Compass breakfast costs with the Candlelight Processional?

Can anyone tell me if we will be able to walk from BC to the Boardwalk area or if we must use the water transporation?

We are really excited to stay at an Epcot area resort next year. We have done AKL, WL and Poly. BC is next on our list! I am a bit weary about the whole bedbug thing though and we are not even traveling until next Summer. I am aware that any hotel can get them at any time, but it's a little disheartening to learn that the hotel that I just booked has a current issue with them.
It’s a 5 minute walk from BC to boardwalk area.

I hope that the new dog policy is not going to happen at every resort. I have severe allergies to dogs (hair and dander) and cannot be in the same room with them for even 5 minutes. Dog hair causes me to have an asthma attack almost immediately and their dander causes hives. It doesn't matter how much they clean the rooms, there will still be some residual hair or dander left behind. I'm glad this policy has not been introduced at the BC. We will be staying there in May.

I hope that the new dog policy is not going to happen at every resort. I have severe allergies to dogs (hair and dander) and cannot be in the same room with them for even 5 minutes. Dog hair causes me to have an asthma attack almost immediately and their dander causes hives. It doesn't matter how much they clean the rooms, there will still be some residual hair or dander left behind. I'm glad this policy has not been introduced at the BC. We will be staying there in May.
This has been mentioned before but please request a deep cleaning for your room because ALL resorts are dog friendly for service animals (always have been always will be) so there isn't any way to avoid those.

Since the website died, I still can’t select any options for room selections for online check in. Anyone else having that issue? Just want to know I’m not alone.

Since the website died, I still can’t select any options for room selections for online check in. Anyone else having that issue? Just want to know I’m not alone.

I had to complete online check in and then go back to make my request.

Yes, same here. I had already made my choices when I did online check-in, but I go back every now and then to make sure the choices are showing up. They are gone and I cannot make any selections. The Disney website still does not work correctly for me, either. You are not alone.

I noticed problems earlier in the week, prior to website issues. It was working last week, but has had this problem off and on for awhile, now. Of course, you can always call in your requests, which will also allow you to make requests that may not be options from the drop-down box.

I have 2 upcoming resort stays for next month (CSR and YC) and on both online check-ins there are no choices for my room options. This has been this way since my 60 day checkin time started. I did call to put in my requests.

It looks like the new Ale & Compass is scheduled to open Nov 26th, two days before we check in. I can't wait to see what the new restaurant looks like. :)

From the Dis News:
The Ale & Compass located at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will open as the newest dining location at Walt Disney World starting November 26, 2017. If you are planning on visiting the new location soon after it opens, you can start planning what you’d like for your meal now, as Disney has just released what is on the menu! The wide assortment of items includes entrée options like Hearth Oven Pie with White Clams or Chorizo, an Open-faced Skirt Steak Sandwich, and a Grilled Plant-based “Bacon Cheeseburger.” The full menu and pricing is available HERE.

The New England styled table-service restaurant will serve up breakfast, lunch, and dinner in its gastropub atmosphere. The theming of this location, formerly Captain’s Grille, has been changed to feel like a comfortable and quaint lighthouse.

Image Credit: Disney Parks Blog

It looks like the new Ale & Compass is scheduled to open Nov 26th, two days before we check in. I can't wait to see what the new restaurant looks like. :)

From the Dis News:
The Ale & Compass located at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will open as the newest dining location at Walt Disney World starting November 26, 2017. If you are planning on visiting the new location soon after it opens, you can start planning what you’d like for your meal now, as Disney has just released what is on the menu! The wide assortment of items includes entrée options like Hearth Oven Pie with White Clams or Chorizo, an Open-faced Skirt Steak Sandwich, and a Grilled Plant-based “Bacon Cheeseburger.” The full menu and pricing is available HERE.

The New England styled table-service restaurant will serve up breakfast, lunch, and dinner in its gastropub atmosphere. The theming of this location, formerly Captain’s Grille, has been changed to feel like a comfortable and quaint lighthouse.

Image Credit: Disney Parks Blog
I'm sad that they will not have the breakfast buffet at this new restaurant like they had at the Captain's Grille. We loved this buffet.

I'm sad that they will not have the breakfast buffet at this new restaurant like they had at the Captain's Grille. We loved this buffet.
They knew a long time ago that the buffet would not continue. I'm guessing it was not a good revenue-producer for them.

We liked the buffet, too.

They knew a long time ago that the buffet would not continue. I'm guessing it was not a good revenue-producer for them.

It looks like the prices for the breakfast entrees aren't too bad, though.

Not loving the crowd levels here at Epcot today, seems that there’s quite a few too many people over indulging in both food and alcohol and it’s not very relaxing walking around the park. We’ve seen “service dogs” that are over heating and desperate for a drink and some shade, and on that note why would anyone want to blindfold a service dog’s eyes? Strange day here that’s for sure, “County Mounties” sheriffs and Disney Security have been very visible and busy too around the park.
The big suits were here yesterday and also in MK and a group of new CMs were taking a tour. We saw quite a few new ones looking overwhelmed with the crowd levels at the party but they coped fine with help from their more experienced colleagues. The party was good and we stayed out until midnight.

I am actually really excited about the new menu, most items look like they will be delicious. If it stays I will likely try and add it to my January trip!

I am as well! I am traveling with my parents, sister, and brother in law; my sister and BIL are leaving a day before the rest of us so I just booked a reservation for breakfast for all of us on their last day. I'm going to probably try to hit lunch or dinner there as well at some point during my stay.

I just read a guest's review of the YC, posted on a travel website, complaining about the first floor corridor between the lobby and restaurants being closed. The poster complained that the only way to get to the restaurants (did not state which ones) was to walk outside through smoking areas.

Can someone please confirm that this information is accurate, and, if so, is it known how long the corridor will be blocked?

The Crew's Cup Lounge and Yachtsman Steakhouse are open, so, if this is true, it sounds like the corridor along the former entrances to the A&C Lounge and Captain's Grille and possibly continuing around the corner.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter