Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

THANK YOU !!! :-)
Thats pretty close to a confirm , anyone else ?

Yes, they are very soft and comfy ! We have a few at our house now (that we purchased) , and was hoping that BC had them for our stay next week, so we didnt have to lug blankets with us. (yes they are that good, lol) .

I was just at BC this past week and while I didn't pay particularly close attention, there was definitely a gold label on the corner and it was incredibly soft.

Page 1050

I changed my reservation last week to BWI coz I was able to get Club Level for 1 night at a great price. I'll still be checking out YC to see if I made the right or wrong choice. Atleast they are neighbors. :)

Thanks for letting us know. Have a super trip!

:cool1:

Hi thank you for the pics. Is the fold out sofa bed uncomfortable? Is there a lump in it? The pics seem to indicate one? How thick would you guess the mattress is? Wound anyone advise getting a topper? Thanks in advance.

I have never stayed in the villas, so I can't answer your question. Just wanted to

:welcome:

you to the thread!

:goodvibes

Help! I need y'all to help me make a decision!!

Currently, I have a club-level room at YC booked (as a surprise!) for my three girlfriends and I for our Wine & Dine Half Marathon/Boyz II Men trip in November. But I also was able to grab a standard room for two nights (non-club level) at YC ... I need to cancel one today.

Would you pick one night (two days) at club level or two nights (three days) of Stormalong Bay?

I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list for your November trip.

I would probably go for the extra night, but the advantage of club would be breakfast for the 4 of you and snacks/drinks for your checkin day and checkout day, so it might be a good deal if you will be spending a lot of time at the resort.

Let us know what you decided.

::yes::

Page 1051

I found heavy duty clear luggage tags at Target in the luggage isle that the Disney tags slid into snugly. They came in a set of two. I bought a bunch and put the tags from the last two years in them. I don't remember how much they were but they were not that expensive.

:welcome: to posting on the thread! Thanks for the info about the luggage tags.

Glad you had a great time! I cannot wait to hear all about it. We fly out tomorrow for our Disney cruise on Monday. I’m so excited I can’t sleep, which is why I’m surfing the DIS right now. ;)

Hope you had a fantastic time!!!

:boat:

Booked our dates for 1-7 to 1-13 BC lagoon view!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Hello everyone! We will be staying at BCV next Summer (renting points). Am curious about whether our BCV "room key" will work for all of the external BC doors (so we can get easy access to the BC building, including the marketplace, as well as to access the "secret door" - since we'll be there in August, any additional minutes spent in A/C will make me a happy camper).

Thanks in advance! (And thanks to all of you who contribute to this wonderfully informative and supportive thread!)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

I can now officially say that I get to come back and enjoy the Beach Club again this March, 3/14-3/18.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

First trip to the BC starts on Friday, but of course - the weather is showing rain for our entire long weekend (lots of sun on either side of our dates). UGH. I know FL weather is temperamental, so I hope it shifts a little. I broke my ankle at the beginning of the summer, and this is a "make up" weekend for all the fun we lost over the last four months.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

I hope you are having great weather for your trip!

:sunny:

Hello all!

It's been so long since I've been able to post in this thread - 3 years, actually! My solo trip for the marathon in January that was supposed to be a solo-Value trip has suddenly turned into a family trip and my sister made me an offer I couldn't refuse to share a room with her and DBIL at YC, as if I would have refused any offer she made. :rotfl2: My parents will be over at BC. I am so excited to be back on that side of the lagoon. I enjoyed my stay at Boardwalk in April but I am looking forward to FINALLY swimming in SAB after not doing it the last two times I stayed at BC. :sad2:

I loved following along with this thread for the two trips I took to BC, and I'm looking forward to following along for the next 90 days.:banana:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

Bone to pick with mousekeeping, our room was only cleaned once the entire trip after we had called to get it cleaned, never had this happen before dont know if they were just short staffed this week or what was going on but that kinda ruined the whole idea to take pictures as the room was only cleaned once. and by clean only the beds were made and new towels were brought in, garbage wasnt taken out til the 2nd day after the housekeeper came at about 5pm. Hoping for better results during our Christmas Trip.

That is neither cool nor acceptable!

Make sure you contact Disney's guest services and the resort management to let them know about your displeasure.

:headache:

Dee, you can add us to the list ..............

Beach Club - Garden/Woods view - NEXT weekend !!! 10/21-10/24 , last minute anniversary trip . (not feeling all warm and cozy paying rack rate for a last minute stay ! :headache:)
Yacht Club - Garden/Woods view - 1/24 - 1/28 , 2018 . ( Was wondering why the discounted rate of 35% off was too good to be true , now I know - woof/woof ! pluto: . Hoping to make the best of it !) (this is our split stay with Copper Creek)

We returned on Friday from our stay at BC. We had a "magical" deal and thus had standard rooms x3 for our family. We were assigned three rooms in line: 2610, 2612 and 2614. The location was good for us--near elevators, Marketplace and lobby hence close to bus stop and Stormalong, but not too far from the quiet pool at DVC and BC.

Here are pics from 2612, our room:

upload_2017-10-15_13-42-46.jpeg
upload_2017-10-15_13-42-13.jpeg
upload_2017-10-15_13-43-14.jpeg
upload_2017-10-15_13-43-34.jpeg
upload_2017-10-15_13-43-54.jpeg

I didn't take photos from the balcony, but as you can see, it overlooked the walkway from Marketplace to DVC. The roof somewhat obstructed the courtyard, but since the temperature was a real feel of 100º, no need to be on the balcony.

The resort was clean and everyone was super helpful and friendly. Housekeeping, was meh. The room was clean, but I had to call each and every day to get wash cloths and soap/bath gel. Not sure why those items were constantly overlooked. :confused3 It was a minor annoyance. Other than that--no complaints. We did call each morning for early cleaning and the room was always done before noon.

Looking forward to our return in May (12-19) although we will be on DVC side for that trip and back in October (5-14?--still planning that one and trying to decide whether to rent points or hotel stay). Great visit--lovely weather for the most part. F&W was a bit of a disappointment this year, but not enough so that we won't return.

Hoping everyone has a lovely trip!

Page 1052-53

We were there in August, 4th floor beach club end of hall by yacht club. Mousekeeping did not come unless we tracked them down, but that was not hard as they were so loud in the halls. I was shocked and asked to have our rooms moved, we were moved by the quiet pool and mousekeeping was excellent.

Thanks for your feedback!

::yes::

Question for those who've used the Disney Visa to purchase cardmember rooms/package specials previously - Do you have to pay the full balance of the trip with the Disney Visa, or can you just use it for the the down payment and use cash (debit card) for the rest? We have a Disney Visa to have on hand in the parks for special greetings and such, but we're not keen on charging a vacation.

:welcome: to the thread.

So, were you able to book a stay? Here or elsewhere?

We just got back from a four night stay at the Beach Club. It wasn't perfect, but overall we loved the resort and will probably stay here again. I don't think, though, that we would spend the extra money to stay Club Level. We only did it this time because it was the only thing available here for our dates. We actually ended up moving to a room not on the 5th floor, because the room they put us in did not have a daybed and although it did have a full balcony, we would not have been able to use it because it was a very small room and the rollaway would have blocked the balcony door. We moved to Room 2548 and it felt much roomier, and had a daybed and a full balcony. We loved being on the second floor for the ease of just going up or down one flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator, and our room was very close to the secret door to Epcot. We used the Club lounge for breakfast twice, desserts once, and drinks every time we came back from the parks, so it was nice for that. But despite being told we would get all of the perks of being Club level even though we were on a different floor, package delivery was a pain. We had to ask several times about packages we had sent back from the parks and actually ended up leaving the park without one. (I called the Club Level concierge yesterday, and she said she would investigate and get back to me same day. She didn't.)

In general though, all of the CMs were very nice. The pool was great, although the 9pm closing time meant the kids only used it once. All in all, I think we will go back because the location just can't be beat. We walked to Epcot almost every day and to DHS once and took the boat a couple of times. It was really nice one night to leave Epcot at 10pm and walk around the long way through the Boardwalk, stopping at the bakery (open until 11pm) for a snack. So yes, to the BC, no to Club level!

Thanks for your helpful comments.

:thumbsup2

Our Beach Club DVC stay will be from Nov. 1- Nov. 4 2017 if you could please add us to the list.

Done!!!

We are heading to Beach Club Jan 23-26 2018! We are doing a split stay starting at BC and ending up at Poly. We haven't stayed at BC since our Honeymoon in 2010. So excited to go back and bring our 4 yr old and 1 yr old with us!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool2:

I'm going back to the YC! Club level 2/25 - 3/3 ! Yippppeeeeee!!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cheer2:

I'm so conflicted, I need help.

In 2 weeks we check in to the Yacht Club, and there is availability at the Beach Club.
I wanted the Yacht Club because I have previously stayed at the BC, but never the YC.
I wanted to refurbished rooms and the new experience.

But now, i keep thinking about the closer proximity to Epcot, as well as the lighter theming, and the dog thing. To clarify, im not sure how i feel about the dog thing. But the biggest impact to me is activity near the quiet pool, where I was hoping to spend my nights relaxing with my GF away from crowds.

Can someone help weigh in? I know we don't know much about the dog thing, but what about the proximity to epcot and the refurbished room. What would you do?

I'm so conflicted, I need help.

In 2 weeks we check in to the Yacht Club, and there is availability at the Beach Club.
I wanted the Yacht Club because I have previously stayed at the BC, but never the YC.
I wanted to refurbished rooms and the new experience.

But now, i keep thinking about the closer proximity to Epcot, as well as the lighter theming, and the dog thing. To clarify, im not sure how i feel about the dog thing. But the biggest impact to me is activity near the quiet pool, where I was hoping to spend my nights relaxing with my GF away from crowds.

Can someone help weigh in? I know we don't know much about the dog thing, but what about the proximity to epcot and the refurbished room. What would you do?

To me, the "closer proximity to Epcot" is kind of a non-factor, because it's really not that much. If you leave from the Yacht Club lobby, it's 0.09 miles to the Beach Club lobby. Obviously if you end up with a room at the far end of BC you're going to be very close to IG but I wouldn't let the distance factor sway me.

I'm not sure what you mean by the activity by the quiet pool - is this related to the dog thing? I haven't read about anything else happening there right now.

I really don't think the dog thing will make much of a difference for those of you with trips that are so close. I can't see people who are two weeks out from their vacation and have more likely than not made all of their arrangements for their pets, changing these arrangements and spending more money to bring their dogs with them. I mean, some people might, but I don't think it will be enough people to really make a huge difference. I think the dog thing is going to be more prevalent (if it takes off) further down the line when people are able to actually plan for it.

Hi all!

It’s been a very long time since I posted here. I miss my DIS peeps but real life got in my way of having fun on the DIS (and especially the fun people of the BC/YC board!). My boyfriend and I will be staying YC CL from 11/1-11/6. We are heading to WDW to run the Two Course Challenge for Wine and Dine as a training run (one of the most expensive training runs EVER!) for Dopey 2018. This will be our 5th trip to the World in 2017....gotta get use out of our AP’s, right? I know y’all understand!!! Lol

I haven’t read up entirely on this updated thread but I did check out the first page (fabulous as usual Dee!) and imagine my surprise to see that there are now showers at SAB?!?! This. Is. Huge! I loved getting yelled at by the health club CM’s for using their contraband showers.

I look forward to being a more frequent poster here in the upcoming weeks! Has Buzzy been spotted lately at SAB? Any synchronized swimming with NM? Any late night fire alarms requiring an asleep Dee navigating the halls of her beloved BC?

:wave2:

I thought I had replied to this but I have gotten so confused trying to catch up here!

I am so happy to be adding you onto the Be Our Guest list!

As ~Ninja mentioned, my pals somehow convinced me to join them once again in about 10 days to unleash mayhem upon the World.

You think the late night fire drill was funny? Did you read about this episode from our August 2015 gals trip?

SB6.jpg

Here is the link to the chapter from the Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys report

Woozy: I Have To Sleep With One Eye Open. That’s Why I’m Wearing Sunglasses.

:cat:

Last edited:
This copy now appears on Disney website when looking at the overview for the Yacht Club:

Dog-Friendly Accommodations

Bring your pampered pooch to stay with you at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.

Here at Walt Disney World Resort, we know that dogs aren’t simply pets—they’re members of your family. And since family is at the heart of everything we do, for a limited time, your furry friends are welcome to join you at select Disney Resort hotels. Let the tail wagging commence!

Note: Limit 2 dogs per room. Restrictions and fees apply.

How to Book
To bring your dog along on your upcoming visit, please call (407) 939-7539. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Services for Guests with Dogs
During your stay, Best Friends Pet Care can provide assistance with dog walking, day care and other pet services (fees apply). For details, please call (877) 4-WDW-PETS or (877) 493-9738, or visit bestfriendspetcare.com. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
This is not in an obvious, highly-visible location. When going through the online booking process, there is no mention of the "dog friendly" booking option/policy, nor a place to check off that you will have a dog in the room and add in the $75 fee to the room rate.

Just catching up here and wanted to say that YC has been my favorite resort for years now, but it just dropped to the bottom of the pile. This new dog policy is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned and I think it's bull to think Disney will limit where the dogs are located or as a pp mentioned, it's super-no doubt about it bull to think dog owners won't bend rules left and right. This is a big fail for us, who were hoping to split our honeymoon between Poly and YC.....I guess we'll have to switch to BC or just stay the whole time at Poly or jump over to BWI. I'm sorry if this is coming up whiny, and realize I'm a big animal lover, who volunteers in a pet shelter, but I happen to greatly dislike dogs, and have never been to a dog owners house that didn't at least faintly smell like "dog," and it's really upsetting to think that the gorgeous smelling YC will.......and anyone who thinks it won't needs to have their head examined......smell like a kennel in certain areas.

As Julia Roberts would say, "BIG MISTAKE."

Just wanted to say we arrived this afternoon. Shattered and ready to stretch our legs we boarded DME and after a while got a email with a room allocation on the ground floor. That wasn’t gonna work for my family so when we arrived at check in we were pleased to encounter an awesome CM who changed that room for us. Now we’re on the third floor close to the secret entrance and the lift close to Marketplace. We have our Happily Ever After buttons too. Took a bus to Disney Springs collected our gift card and went to find food... no joy queues out the doors everywhere. Back on another bus to Boardwalk where we grabbed pulled pork sandwiches then walked back to our room. We could hear music from England and hope to see the fireworks later. So far so good just can’t believe how busy the resort seems.

Last edited:
Ok ............I know this thread has gone to the dogs but ,

Does anyone remember (from a recent stay maybe) if BC and/or YC uses SOBEL Sobellux blankets in the rooms ??? :confused3
Sometimes they are under the duvet , and sometimes they are in a plastic bag in the closet as a spare.
GF, and BWI has the Sobellux micro fleece blankets . Hoping BC and YC do as well .

Here is what they look like to refresh some memories ! :thumbsup2

Cast Member Linen even sells them , so you can take a "Bit of Magic home with you"
https://www.castmemberlinen.com/about-us/

Just trying to see if BC/YC has these .........

1000x510_sobellux_glam_2_1.jpg

I am typing this from my bed at Beach Club and looking at the label the blanket says Sobellux :)

I won’t be seeing the fireworks tonight, I have sent DH and I am staying in the room with our sleeping children. I am exhausted too so this is fine by me, I will watch them tomorrow. We are in a room which faces DVC or BCV, I can’t remember which. There are lots of trees between us.

Last edited:
Oooh! I can see fireworks from the balcony! There’s trees in the way but they explode around them and a slightly blocked partial view of fireworks is substantially better than no fireworks! I hadn’t realised they would be so loud in the room!
Did the kids stay asleep. We use a white noise maker but even over the 4 th of July my little guy stays asleep. (Thankfully.) oh ps. I'm sure it's fine but some people would say not to put your exact room # in a post where you are currently staying. Safety and all... just thought I'd mention... have a great trip!

Did the kids stay asleep. We use a white noise maker but even over the 4 th of July my little guy stays asleep. (Thankfully.) oh ps. I'm sure it's fine but some people would say not to put your exact room # in a post where you are currently staying. Safety and all... just thought I'd mention... have a great trip!
They did fortunately, they are utterly exhausted from 23 hours of travelling yesterday and 2 parks and SAB today!
Thanks for the advice, I have edited my post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter