Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone. excited to be checking into the BC next wednesday for a short pre-cruise stay.

Back in the good ole days, when BnC didn't have ADRs, we could usually eat at an off time with a short wait...say 3:30 in the afternoon. Is that possible anymore? I wasn't able to get an ADR, though I keep checking, and we are doing a lot of resort time this trip so hoping we can eat there.
I would check repeatedly, starting early in the morning, the day before you want to go there. People often book ADRs and end up cancelling some of them, just before the minimum cancellation notice of one day. I have been able to snag a reservation at a choice time, that way, several times. Otherwise, you can very often do a walk-up, if you are willing to sit at the counter.

Please add us to the guest list for next year YC GV May 1-8 and YC GV Nov 7-14 2018!! Military rates came out today and scooped up what I wanted as quickly as possible. After our GF stay, which was very nice, we realized that the YC/BC is still our home!

Checked in to The Yacht Club today! It wasn't super smooth due to the split stay and Disney IT nonsense, but it was fine.

Our room is awesome!!!!! We are on the 4th floor and our balcony overlooks the quiet pool and The Dolphin Resort. The room looks fantastic, we were so disappointed in our old worn room in November, but this room is great, we are very happy with the results of the refurb.

So far today we did Food and Wine (HOT but fun), FOP (incredible), and SAB pool time with dinner at Hurricane Hannah's (relaxing and fun as always). Will probably head back to Epcot a little later for Illuminations to end our day!

How are the mattresses at BC? Hard, soft? I see a lot people like them.
I find them medium soft, we have a pretty firm superking mattress at home, and the BC ones are softer for sure. However I still find them really comfortable

Page 1040

Replies to be added

Hi Folks, I'm looking to do online check in, does anyone know if all of the room renovations are done? If not, which areas still need to be completed? Thanks! :-)

All rooms have been renovated

In the Beach Club Villa Studio, does the table attached to the Murphy bed cabinet fold down out of the way even when the bed is not folded out?

:welcome:

Do you have a trip booked?

There may be pictures in links in post 10 or 11

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking a long time but finally wanted to post to say what a fantastic time I had at Yacht Club last week (Sept. 18-22, 2017). I was there with a good friend of mine for a girls' getaway to Food & Wine, and we loved it. The resort is just beautiful, and we loved the renovated room. We were in 2034 with a nice view of the quiet pool, and the noise/traffic level was absolutely no problem even though the resort was booked. We had two queen beds, no daybed, just a desk and chair. There was plenty of storage space, and everything was very clean. Housekeeping was just fine. There was only one day that I came back mid-afternoon to find we had not had service yet, and on that day the housekeeper came by just as I was about to get in the shower. She promised me she would come back later, and she did! Anytime I ran into the housekeepers in the hall, they were all very friendly.

We arrived LATE Monday night (barely Tues. morning, actually), as my car's transmission gave out on us on the way down. Ugh! After a 5 hour delay in SC, we were able to have my car towed back home and get a great rental car, so I nearly got out and kissed the ground when we finally arrived, LOL! There were actually a couple people in front of me at the front desk (including one man who thought he was just going to walk in and get a room without a reservation - ha!), but I just tried to breathe deeply and enjoy the lovely smell of the lobby. Parking was absolutely no problem at midnight on that Monday night. Luckily I didn't need my car until we left, because a convention made parking an absolute nightmare later in the week.

NOT a good way to start the trip, but after getting a good night's sleep, the rest of the trip was PERFECT. The weather was great with no rain (though yes, a bit on the warm side)! We enjoyed sampling the goodies at Food & Wine, and we also saw Air Supply. (Incidentally, I thought they were PHENOMENAL on Tuesday in particular, and I was THRILLED to score a picture with Russell Hitchcock as he went out into the audience to sing "The One That You Love"-- :flower3:) It was awesome to just walk back "home" after such a fun night! The location cannot be beat.

I have no complaints about transportation! On MK day, the bus arrived to pick us up at YC within 5 minutes. When we left MK, there was a very long line at the Yacht/Beach bus stop. The bus came quickly, but it was obvious not everyone would make it. A Boardwalk bus was also there, so we boarded it instead, and then there was a boat waiting for us to take us across the lagoon, so no problem. On AK day, the bus was pulling up as we got there. (Thank goodness, because we were rope-dropping FoP, and I didn't want to drive.) FoP was AWESOME, and we did it at RD and again after lunch with a FP. My friend managed to get ANOTHER FP for FoP (!), but I had headed back to the resort to get ready for the evening to see the Star Wars fireworks. We decided to walk back after the fireworks, and that was a very pleasant way to end the day. We had great views of Illuminations on that walk back! And it was much nicer than riding a crowded boat, in our opinion. I did ride the boat about 3 times (twice going over to DHS and once coming back from DHS), and all three times it was pulling up to the dock. It was pretty amazing!

The Marketplace at Beach Club is indeed undergoing some construction (drink machines I guess, from what previous posters have said), so while I had no problem eating a Mickey waffle there one morning, I had to go somewhere else to eat lunch one day because the noise was awful. Glad that should be resolved soon. By the way, my lunch was the pulled pork sliders from Hurricane Hannah's, and I thought they were really good!

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I hope it's helpful to someone as you all have been so helpful to me with my trip planning! Thanks to Dee and to all you other posters for sharing your knowledge and experiences. LOVE this thread! :thanks:

:welcome: out of lurkdom

So glad you had a great trip

We LOVE detailed reviews

Thanks!

Last edited:
Page 1041-1042

Replies later

We're staying at the Beach Club from 5-13 December and our travel party will consist of 5 adults and three toddlers (one double stroller and one single stroller). We have an 8:00am PPO breakfast at AK one day (Tusker House) and plan to be at the MK at rope drop on both of our MK days (one day at 8:00am; one day at 9:00am). I think that the buses to AK and MK typically stop at YC first. If this is the case, what are the chances that the buses will be full by the time they get to BC? I don't want us to be late for our ADR at AK or have a late start at MK. Am I worrying about nothing or should we consider walking over to the YC and boarding from there?

Thanks in advance!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1

You probably will be ok on your animal kingdom day since you are headed to the park well before it opens.

We always seem to get a bus quickly from the beach club at rope drop. If one fills another comes quickly behind it at that time in the morning. But it has been a couple of years since I have stayed at BC

Who has recent experience?

I'm so excited!! I just changed to a split stay finishing at BC for next weekend. It'll be my first time at BC, my first Food and Wine, and my first MNSSHP!! 1 more week!!

I'll add you to the list

Have fun!

Is there a higher resolution version of this? I can't read it.

I'll try.

I have a couple questions about the Club Level Deluxe Rooms at the BC.

Do they all have a lagoon view?

How far are they from the lounge?

Do they have ceiling fans?

Check the BC deluxe room thread. Link in post 12

Room pix are pre renovation but location/ views are the same

It looks like the Yachtsman is going to be serving breakfast and lunch when the Captain's Grille closes.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/yachtsman-steakhouse-to-offer-casual-breakfast-and-lunch/

Cool!

Thanks!!!

Please add us to the guest list for next year YC GV May 1-8 and YC GV Nov 7-14 2018!! Military rates came out today and scooped up what I wanted as quickly as possible. After our GF stay, which was very nice, we realized that the YC/BC is still our home!

Will do!

Checked in to The Yacht Club today! It wasn't super smooth due to the split stay and Disney IT nonsense, but it was fine.

Our room is awesome!!!!! We are on the 4th floor and our balcony overlooks the quiet pool and The Dolphin Resort. The room looks fantastic, we were so disappointed in our old worn room in November, but this room is great, we are very happy with the results of the refurb.

So far today we did Food and Wine (HOT but fun), FOP (incredible), and SAB pool time with dinner at Hurricane Hannah's (relaxing and fun as always). Will probably head back to Epcot a little later for Illuminations to end our day!

Thanks for the report.

Have a great time!!!

Last edited:

Wishing Dee and Teena a magical cruise!

disney-fantasy-cruise-ship-1.jpg

Thank you so much!!!!

:sail:

We came back one week ago and I am suffering Post Disney Blues! We had a wonderful stay at the Beach Club Villas. At first I wasn't too pleased about being given a ground floor room but it actually worked out quite nicely. We were in room 128 and could walk right out our patio to the Dunes Cove pool - very convenient! The scent in the Beach Club lobby is heavenly! Only gripe is the Marketplace. Not much of a selection for food there and for half our trip the resort refillable mug station was closed so you either had to go to YC or Hurriance Hanna's. Everything else was great and we had a fun trip!

Hi everyone. I'm new here. We (my husband and I and our two teenage boys) are booked in a studio at the Beach Club Villas for April 15th-21st. This will be our first stay there and we are very excited!

:welcome: Welcome to the Dis & the Yacht & Beach Club forum!!

Yacht Club is our favorite resort. We have stayed there almost every year for over 15 years. Some years, for 2 or 3 trips. It is a wonderful resort in a great location. This forum is full of great information. Start on page 1, Dee works hard to keep it full of current information. Then jump right in & ask or chat away. No strangers here!

I will probably see you at Storm Along Bay, planning on an April 14 - 20 stay. Hoping to book a bounceback offer when we travel in December. :goodvibes

I find them medium soft, we have a pretty firm superking mattress at home, and the BC ones are softer for sure. However I still find them really comfortable

Thank you! I need them pretty soft. Does anyone know if BC and BCV use the same mattresses?

About to take off from Chicago on my way to Orlando. I'm taking the scenic route. Teena is in the air heading towards our rendezvous. Still hope to catch up here tonight before sailaway tomorrow. Thanks for the good wishes.

:goodvibes
You are in my city. :)

Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter