Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Have their been any new updates on the refurb of the rooms??

And again thanks for doing this thread and for everyone who gives out great info! Less than 3 months for our first BC stay! My dream resort!

Have their been any new updates on the refurb of the rooms??

And again thanks for doing this thread and for everyone who gives out great info! Less than 3 months for our first BC stay! My dream resort!

I actually did post the latest news we have on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread:

Late May:
Beach Club 3rd Floor is Done!!!
Work commencing on Beach Club 2nd Floor.
Still no reports that work has started at BCV.

Last edited:
Before moving to FL we stayed at BC/BCV many times. We always enjoyed the greeting we got from Art. I know he retired a few years ago and I'm wondering if anybody knows how he's enjoying his retirement.

Late March:

Awesome! I swear I skimmed that area but it was 630 am. My eyes weren't fully adjusted yet. Thank you!

After much difficulty and days of checking the website we were finally able to reduce our Poly stay to 4 days and come home to BC for the remaining 4!! Yay We will be visiting on June 10th. I won't rehash it here but the new restrictions on modifying resort stays almost squashed our BC stay, almost...but perseverance won out.

On another note, thank you for setting up the new thread

We are doing the same split. 5 at the Poly followed by 5 at the BC.

BC is my dream resort and I've always really liked the Poly. With the magical deal I thought I should do both because who knows if I will ever be able to again.

Thanks for setting up our new home, Dee! There's so much more space over here. Plus the front door was unlocked. :-)
:rotfl2:

Its so impressive how much y'all make this place welcoming, and homey. :love:

following Lily's dancing
Teena I too followed the saga of your dental appointment! I hope you are feeling better, (I'm sure you're tired though!) and have found some nourishment! :grouphug:

And as a mother of a dd, now 17, who started ballet at 3 - its a good choice at this age to let them decide not to participate.(or find a less stressful stage to perform on!) But the makeup is just part of the "routine" it shows up in pictures and on stage better - its basically part of the "Broadway" experience - DD loved her last 2 years of dancing, since it was just her and her best friend, the teacher let the girls pick their recital costumes - and they picked the "Old fashioned" tutus! it was precious!

and don't forget our BBB let's them wear makeup! ;) :tinker:

Late March:

Thank you very much for all the work you do to make this place so informative! :worship:

Last edited:

Late March:

Great news! Thanks so much for the update ...hoping it translates to an increased chance of refurbished rooms for us next month.

Wish the Villas had been started since we will be staying there as well but looking forward to first stay in a 2 bedroom regardless.

Thanks Dee for the dedication to our "common cause" ...

The :boat: & :beach: Club Resort

Thanks for our new home Dee!! I'm sure that the whole situation stressed you out but here's hoping you can "let it go" and have a great weekend.

There's no place like our BC/YC home...:grouphug:

Late March:

We were going to choose "higher floor" as one of our requests because we thought it would increase the likelihood of getting a refurbished room, however, this makes me think there might be a good chance that floors 2-5 should be finished by our trip in July. So if we choose "balcony" as a request that would eliminate the first floor which would be the only floor not done yet. Again, I know, just a request, but I like the odds

We were going to choose "higher floor" as one of our requests because we thought it would increase the likelihood of getting a refurbished room, however, this makes me think there might be a good chance that floors 2-5 should be finished by our trip in July. So if we choose "balcony" as a request that would eliminate the first floor which would be the only floor not done yet. Again, I know, just a request, but I like the odds

Our last trip to BC in 2012 (6 adults, 3 rooms) we all were on the ground floor...two rooms were connecting (our dd and her hubby with our room) and our son and his wife were down the hall a bit. Having the ground floor made it awesome when we all wanted to spend a bit of time back at our room and went between the rooms using the patios....a guaranteed "full" balcony. We especially liked the fact that our rooms were what is now called "woods view" and there were birds, geckos, and all sorts of other critters we truly enjoyed watching. Occasionally, people would walk by on their way to their rooms further on down or in the Villas, but for the most part, it was nice and quiet.

For our upcoming trip, it's just my DH and I, and we again requested "woods view" and "ground floor" to ensure a full balcony in our initial reservation. We love sitting out there with coffee in the morning, or wine in the afternoon/evening, watching Florida's nature (very different birds than we have in Minnesota!!) Hopefully, the rooms will all be refurbished by then (October), but just thinking now that perhaps we should change our request to "woods view" and "full balcony" to get higher up for a bit more privacy? (Wish there was a category on the online checkin for "highest floor" like there is on for other resorts). I have really bad knees, and can't go up stairs very well especially after being on the go all day,(down is fine, so we could still take advantage of the "secret exit), but I know where the elevators are!!

What do you all think? :scratchin

Before moving to FL we stayed at BC/BCV many times. We always enjoyed the greeting we got from Art. I know he retired a few years ago and I'm wondering if anybody knows how he's enjoying his retirement.

Talked to him at length about 4 weeks ago. He is doing wonderful and loving retirement!!! He looks about ten years younger. He's been gone from the BC almost four years now.

Found ya :)
Thanks as always to our hostess with the mostess (pleasant and ever informative) Dee for all you do and to everyone else for making this a fun place to hang out. Have a great weekend everyone and to all those already at our favorite spot hope you're enjoying yourselves :flower1:

Thank you Dee. Soon, I will make time to read it all again - for a refresher.

Now that we know 5th, 4th, and 3rd are completed - I was going to get an approximate number of months per floor to see how far along the refurb will be in August. But - I am finding it hard to get a date when things started and ended on each floor. Then I recalled that the floor plans per floor have differing numbers of rooms and the 5th floor was altogether different. Is this too complicated for a veteran to figure out too?

For our upcoming trip, it's just my DH and I, and we again requested "woods view" and "ground floor" to ensure a full balcony in our initial reservation. We love sitting out there with coffee in the morning, or wine in the afternoon/evening, watching Florida's nature (very different birds than we have in Minnesota!!) Hopefully, the rooms will all be refurbished by then (October), but just thinking now that perhaps we should change our request to "woods view" and "full balcony" to get higher up for a bit more privacy? (Wish there was a category on the online checkin for "highest floor" like there is on for other resorts). I have really bad knees, and can't go up stairs very well especially after being on the go all day,(down is fine, so we could still take advantage of the "secret exit), but I know where the elevators are!!

What do you all think?
I would keep the ground floor request since you enjoy the patio so much. All the rooms should be refurbished by then and the new shear curtains give a lot of privacy. They are really nice. There are too many garden view/woods view rooms with only a standing balcony to take a chance of not being able to sit out and enjoy your coffee. We are running 50/50 with our requests for a full balcony, which means a request doesn't improve our odds at all. :(

Ninja Mom reporting for Duty!

This year I've decided to get totally serious about my performance on the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team. I've purchased a kiddie pool and I'm filling it up as I type. The last time I went out to check the water level someone threw a handful of Cheerios in the pool. The kids in Ninja Mom's neighborhood sure are weird....

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter