Disney's Wilderness Lodge...or Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My husband and I are planning a vacation to Disney World for this summer. It will be an adult's only vacation. Which resort would you go with? Disney's Wilderness Lodge or Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? We will probably be spending a lot of time at the resort. Maybe one or two park days. I also looked into CBR, but I have stayed there before. WL is about $100 more than AKL.

Thank you as always!

Tough choice. Fortunately there is no wrong answer, only personal preference.

I'd go with AKL because I love the experience of looking out of my room at the savannah and seeing the animals. I do also enjoy WL for its ambiance and convenient boat to the MK.

I like both going to AKL in 2 weeks and WL in August. But for a more adult trip I would go WL. Geyer Point, boat service to MK, easy access to monorail resorts and their bars and restaurants.

Truth. Savannah View at AKL is pretty cool, and I’m glad we did it. Once.

Bigger truth. 99 times out of 100 we’d choose WL. We (still, even after many changes over the years) think it is the most relaxing resort in WDW. The vibe, the location…we love it.

Both are awesome resorts, but I would choose WL. Location Is great. We love Geyser Point, which is a lovely spot for a meal or just to relax with a drink. The lobby is gorgeous (as is AKL’s!) and really a nice place to spend some time. WL is a very relaxing place for us; I can feel my stress level fall the moment I walk through the door! :goodvibes I do enjoy watching the animals at AKL, but we’ve returned to WL again and again.

We love AKL for the serenity it offers. It never feels crowded there. I feel like I can always find a pool chair in the shade if I want (WL pool is pretty but it feels crowded in comparison). If doing mostly a resort stay, I‘d choose AKL but doing lots of days at the parks, then maybe WL.

Another WL fan here. I love the vibe at AKL, especially a Savanna room, seeing the animals, especially in the AM as they are waking up and active. But WL has a wonderful vibe too. It is so peaceful and relaxing, way smaller, therefore, more intimate than AKL.
You also have the boat to MK, then catch monorail to other resorts on the line, for eateries, etc.

We toured both this week to see what we'd want for a December 2024 trip and we actually want Animal Kingdom Lodge. So many good places to eat, so Disney and lots of places to just sit and relax and to view Animals.

We aren't MK heavy people so being close doesn't really sway us towards Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter