Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone here offer me some Christmas week advice? We are WDW vets but never visited when it's super crowded and we are planning a mostly resort-centric getaway from 12/26-12/31. We will likely hop into the parks two days for short visits early or late in the day, but mostly planning to hang out at WL and get some resort time in. Ideas? We are considering archery at Fort Wilderness and maybe footgolf. I know we can't count on swimming much that week, and I know the crowds in the park will be insane--any advice is welcome. Will WL be packed day and night, too, that week?
We have stayed at the WL during the holidays and the lobby was very busy with people dropping by to have their pictures taken at the big Christmas tree. But the rest of the resort should be fine. It would just be your normal crowd. You can resort hop to CR, GF, and BC and YC for the decorations or go through Fort Wilderness and check out t he campsites that are decorated.

Can anyone here offer me some Christmas week advice? We are WDW vets but never visited when it's super crowded and we are planning a mostly resort-centric getaway from 12/26-12/31. We will likely hop into the parks two days for short visits early or late in the day, but mostly planning to hang out at WL and get some resort time in. Ideas? We are considering archery at Fort Wilderness and maybe footgolf. I know we can't count on swimming much that week, and I know the crowds in the park will be insane--any advice is welcome. Will WL be packed day and night, too, that week?
We booked a sleigh ride through the Ft Wilderness campgrounds. So many Christmas decorations! We purchased a bottle of sparkling wine at the General Store prior to the ride and cozied up underneath a blanket while sipping bubbly! What a great memory!

Also, have a 1BR reservation at BR mid Aug. Have the villas been refurbished lately? In decent shape? May consider switching. I saw the mattress issue posted and am wondering about condition of villa overall. Thanks.

We stayed in a one-bedroom unit at BRV in April and the mattress was fine. Our villa was in great shape. It was on the 4th floor overlooking the lake.

Hi ! Excited to stay one night for the first time at WL before our YC stay and wasn't able to get club level. I saw a vlog where they mentioned if you paid $100 you could get access to the club day of? Does anyone have any experience in upgrading day of? We'll be there 9/26, TIA!

We did this in February. We asked about adding CL access when we checked in and they were happy to do it. Once they charge you the $99 per day, then your MagicBands will work to open the doors to the 7th floor. You don’t get the extra bells and whistles, such as turn down service and chocolates on the pillow, but you do get access to the lounge. We really enjoyed it and plan to add the CL access when we return in August. :)

We did this in February. We asked about adding CL access when we checked in and they were happy to do it. Once they charge you the $99 per day, then your MagicBands will work to open the doors to the 7th floor. You don’t get the extra bells and whistles, such as turn down service and chocolates on the pillow, but you do get access to the lounge. We really enjoyed it and plan to add the CL access when we return in August. :)
Thank you ! This works perfect for us because we don’t need the bells and whistles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter