Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked our stay for May! We've stayed at Wilderness Lodge several times but this time we will be in a 2 bedroom villa at Copper Creek! My parents will be joining us and it is our youngest's 1st birthday. Excited for the extra space!
Do you prefer the lower or higher floors? We stayed 1st floor at a Poly studio and really loved the walkout patio. Is it the same situation for CCV with 1st floor walkouts?

STANDARD ROOMS are 340 square feet and have either two queen-size beds, a king-size bed (wheelchair-accessible rooms), or a queen-size bed and a set of bunkbeds. All rooms come with a table (with outlets) and two chairs, flat panel TV, under-counter refrigerator, keyed wall safe, iron and ironing board, and Cuisinart coffeemaker which uses pods.
The above quote is from Post #3. Does the part that I bolded mean that all rooms in the current Courtyard View- King Bed category are handicap accessible rooms? I was just about to book one but I want a non-accessible room with a standard bathroom set up. Should I just book a room with 2 queens to insure the bathroom is standard with two sinks at the vanity and a door between vanity area and tub/toilet?

The above quote is from Post #3. Does the part that I bolded mean that all rooms in the current Courtyard View- King Bed category are handicap accessible rooms? I was just about to book one but I want a non-accessible room with a standard bathroom set up. Should I just book a room with 2 queens to insure the bathroom is standard with two sinks at the vanity and a door between vanity area and tub/toilet?
I was at WL a few weeks ago in a courtyard King Room. It was NOT handicap accessible. It wass on the fourth floor and opened up to the lobby. Some don't like that but the noise was limited hours and didn't bother us at all. The bathroom was the exact set up you mentioned with 2 sinks and a door to the tub/toilet area.

I was at WL a few weeks ago in a courtyard King Room. It was NOT handicap accessible. It wass on the fourth floor and opened up to the lobby. Some don't like that but the noise was limited hours and didn't bother us at all. The bathroom was the exact set up you mentioned with 2 sinks and a door to the tub/toilet area.

Last edited:

Thank you so much! I've been sitting here since I posted with the booking open on the Disney site not sure what to do.
We stayed in a Copper Creek 1 bedroom villa on the fifth floor back in January that opened up to the lobby. I loved having the hustle and bustle outside our door but way below us! It was like we were close to the action but yet removed from it.
THANKS AGAIN!
You're welcome! I love the WL. Have a great trip!

Are the 5th floor balconies darker than the 4th floor? From the pictures, it looks like the roof hangs over farther than the balcony "ceiling" that's above the 4th floor balconies. Does anyone who's stayed on the 4th and 5th floor have a balcony preference? Are the 5th floor balconies more private?

Thank you so much! I've been sitting here since I posted with the booking open on the Disney site not sure what to do.
We stayed in a Copper Creek 1 bedroom villa on the fifth floor back in January that opened up to the lobby. I loved having the hustle and bustle outside our door but way below us! It was like we were close to the action but yet removed from it.
THANKS AGAIN!
Which rooms on the 5th floor open up to the lobby and what is the balcony view?

Are the 5th floor balconies darker than the 4th floor? From the pictures, it looks like the roof hangs over farther than the balcony "ceiling" that's above the 4th floor balconies. Does anyone who's stayed on the 4th and 5th floor have a balcony preference? Are the 5th floor balconies more private?
View attachment 443532
We stayed on the 5th recently and it was lovely. It’s Florida, so it’s hot but the shade was nice when the sun was bright. Privacy? Eh. We closed the curtains. Nobody was looking at us when we were outside. We’re pretty boring.

View attachment 443532

Last edited:
Can someone direct me to pictures of the concierge floor? Blueprint style, that show the outline of the lounge?nit photos in the lounge..I hope that makes sense..looking for the floor layout.

I have a nature view bunk room booked for Dec 27-30. Does anyone know if you can see the fireworks from any of these rooms? Looking at Touring Plans it seems that it’s likely but I know TP can be inaccurate.

We were able to snag a couple of nights on with our DVC points in a 1-bedroom at BRV so DH and I will be there 11/30-12/2!

We've only ever stayed in studios and we're looking forward to trying out a 1-bedroom!

Beware of becoming spoiled by the 1–bedroom! The extra space, the real sofa to sit on to watch TV, the full kitchen (real breakfast! Ice in your room!) and the laundry facilities (bring half as many clothes, throw a load in the washer as you leave in the morning, put in the dryer when you come back) have been known to be addictive.

We booked a studio at Boulder Ridge for our next trip in March 2020 and I'm extremely excited. We've only stayed on property once before (Art of Animation), so this will be a huge upgrade for us (at least in price!). I'm really looking forward to the shorter transit times to Magic Kingdom. Do the buses run pretty smoothly from Wilderness Lodge, or do folks recommend the boats instead?

We booked a studio at Boulder Ridge for our next trip in March 2020 and I'm extremely excited. We've only stayed on property once before (Art of Animation), so this will be a huge upgrade for us (at least in price!). I'm really looking forward to the shorter transit times to Magic Kingdom. Do the buses run pretty smoothly from Wilderness Lodge, or do folks recommend the boats instead?

We've never ridden the buses to MK so can't comment except to say that I believe they stop at CR before going to the MK bus stop, and if so that will add to the travel time. We love taking the boat - much more interesting and a fun ride in itself, especially when the captain points out features along the shore.

We've never ridden the buses to MK so can't comment except to say that I believe they stop at CR before going to the MK bus stop, and if so that will add to the travel time. We love taking the boat - much more interesting and a fun ride in itself, especially when the captain points out features along the shore.
I don't believe the buses to MK stop anywhere else. None of the monorail resorts have a bus that goes to MK or Epcot when the monorails are working. Also when the monorail is down I don't think the CR even gets a bus to MK because of it's extremely close distance to the park (and even closer distance to the bus loop).
You will find the bust to be quickest about 5 mins vs about 10-15 on the boat. Either will have a wait if you just miss the last one. The advantage of the boat is that you don't need to fold up the stroller if you wait for the larger of the 2 boats on the route.

I don't believe the buses to MK stop anywhere else. None of the monorail resorts have a bus that goes to MK or Epcot when the monorails are working. Also when the monorail is down I don't think the CR even gets a bus to MK because of it's extremely close distance to the park (and even closer distance to the bus loop).

Oops, sorry. I was probably confusing it with another bus route. As I said, we don’t take the bus from WL to MK. Thanks for correcting my error.

When we stayed at BRV and took a bus to the MK, it didn't stop anywhere except the MK. It was really quick, too. The boat is nice just for the calm boat ride.

The advantage of the boat is that you don't need to fold up the stroller if you wait for the larger of the 2 boats on the route.

Thankfully, at 7 and 5, my kids are old enough not to need the stroller any longer. It was the greatest thing at Disneyland earlier this year to walk around without constantly having to park and then find our stroller after a CM "helpfully" relocated it.

I have a nature view bunk room booked for Dec 27-30. Does anyone know if you can see the fireworks from any of these rooms? Looking at Touring Plans it seems that it’s likely but I know TP can be inaccurate.
We were in 5004 and could watch from the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter