Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
By default they are activated for 14 days, some people have reported theirs have been good for longer, but the default is 14. So yes, your mugs will work at BC. On day 15 they might not, and if so, bring them to wherever they are sold at BC and they will extend them since you are still staying there.
Great! Thank you so much!

WL had exclusive Snow White mug last Christmas. We never tested it (DDP screwup, so we had extra mug credits), but both cashiers warned me it wouldn’t work at any other resort. I do not know if it was just because WDW pushing new AP or what.

ETA still in stock when we got 12/24/18.
That's what I thought! I remember seeing something special with their Resort mugs recently and couldn't quite remember what it had been. Thanks so much!

Do all the Boulder Ridge studio villas have a murphy bed? . Any view to ask for?
Thanks.

The studios have a queen bed, a pull out sofa, and the single pull down Murphy bed.
If a balcony is important, request it. There are a few studios that do not have a balcony. Stayed in one in 2015. Wasn't thrilled, was able to get moved. For views, upper floor, lake/pool side. Very relaxing view.

The studios have a queen bed, a pull out sofa, and the single pull down Murphy bed.
If a balcony is important, request it. There are a few studios that do not have a balcony. Stayed in one in 2015. Wasn't thrilled, was able to get moved. For views, upper floor, lake/pool side. Very relaxing view.
I believe there is only 1 studio without a balcony at BRV out of all of them. It’s villa 4533 if I’m not mistaken.

WL had exclusive Snow White mug last Christmas. We never tested it (DDP screwup, so we had extra mug credits), but both cashiers warned me it wouldn’t work at any other resort. I do not know if it was just because WDW pushing new AP or what.

I had no idea they had this, we don't normally do the mugs but our son would love it. We will be looking for it this year!

I believe there is only 1 studio without a balcony at BRV out of all of them. It’s villa 4533 if I’m not mistaken.

I wasn't sure if there was one or two. It's the design of the building apparently...I asked. It was really frustrating though because the balcony is one of the reasons we pay extra for deluxe versus moderate.

Yes. We picked up the Snow White mugs last year at WL.

We were assured that they would work at all resorts, but they didn’t. It turns out, there was no chip in them. They only worked at WL because the chips in the drink dispensers were turned off.

The discounts for the WL tend to be less than for other deluxe resorts, but they do exist. In fact, if you wanted to travel this August, there are quite a few discounted rooms available. :) We were able to book a bounceback with a 30% discount for this upcoming trip next month.
That is a great discount. All I see now is 15% off.

How comfortable is the pull out sofa? Also do you know if any of the studios have patios?

How comfortable is the pull out sofa? Also do you know if any of the studios have patios?
There is only 1 room in all of BRV without a balcony or patio (it happens to be a studio a part of a lockoff 2 bedroom). See my post below that I commented on above. If by patio you mean you can walkout to the grass, all 1st floors would be considered a patio then (and there are some studios on the first floor).

There is only 1 room in all of BRV without a balcony (it happens to be a studio a part of a lockoff 2 bedroom). See my post below that I commented on above. If by patio you mean you can walkout to the grass I believe all 1st floors have that (and there are some studios on the first floor).
Ok thank you. Yes I did mean first floor with a patio.

My 25 yr old cousin slept on the pull out in a 2 bedroom villa and said it was fine. She's pretty light weight, like 110 lbs, but she also would have let us know if it was uncomfortable. A larger adult might not find it as comfortable, but a kid or teenager would probably be fine.

As others have said, the first floor rooms have a patio, but it is surrounded by shrubbery.

There used to be a room map, showing where the different types of rooms are, of BRV on the first few pages, but it seems to not be there anymore. Anyone know what happened to it?

Stumbled on an AP WL CL Std room discount and am thinking of switching from Poly CL (sorry for all you not finding discounts, there seems to be a lot of that going around :( ). I wanted to confirm the standard CL room’s bathrooms are set up with two sinks open to the room (kinda) and the toilet/shower separated from the sinks by a door. Being able to have one person shower and another use the sink is huge to my fam of 4 adults and might easily be more important than the size of the room to us. Also Bunk Beds are standard twin size and can take an adult right? I’m thinking we could request the Queen/bunk bed set-up as #1 request to give the room the feel of a little more space.

Stumbled on an AP WL CL Std room discount and am thinking of switching from Poly CL (sorry for all you not finding discounts, there seems to be a lot of that going around :( ). I wanted to confirm the standard CL room’s bathrooms are set up with two sinks open to the room (kinda) and the toilet/shower separated from the sinks by a door. Being able to have one person shower and another use the sink is huge to my fam of 4 adults and might easily be more important than the size of the room to us. Also Bunk Beds are standard twin size and can take an adult right? I’m thinking we could request the Queen/bunk bed set-up as #1 request to give the room the feel of a little more space.
Bunk beds are not twin sized. Usually a bit shorter and narrower.

Also wondering if there are any tips for navigating the resort and MK boats with an ECV? I’m assuming the ECV can go pretty much anywhere at the resort. I tried searching for info on boat to MK and read sometimes the boat can take an ECV, sometimes it’s the small one so then it can’t? If so are there certain times of day we might run into the boats not taking ECVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter