Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone else - One CAN just bag WL, and head to The Grand Floridian, or Contemporary. CAB to GF, boat available to Contemporary. This opens up a whole world of options.
Oh - cab to GF is about $10, one way. HOWEVER - after eating? Monorail, free, to the MK.

No need for a cab - if you get the MK boat from the lodge then it is only around 50 yards to the dock for the MK - GF/Poly boat. (Cab a bit quicker depending on the wait and dont need to think about the weather i guess)

I appreciate your thoughts. I'd purposely be going to WL to relax out of the park and grab a bite. We usually go in August when it's godawful hot and take a break midday when heat and crowds are highest. Next trip I won't park hop so hopping to an MK resort for a break is next best thing.
We love to visit WL when we are staying at another resort. We think that the grounds and the beautiful lobby are very relaxing. It is a nice way to get away from the craziness of the parks. We will be stopping by the WL in May while we are staying at the Beach Club for the same reason you are. :)

So after much deliberation, we are moving our trip to Dec 2017 when RF is back open and we can enjoy everything. I am pretty sure we are going to do a split stay with 1-2 nights at POR and 6 at WL. Ugh! (Meaning I wanted to go now :(

Kook, if you could please remove us from the Lodger's Log for March and I will add my new dates once I get off the phone :)

Geyser Point looks amazing for the ambiance and I really don't want to go anywhere else (hotel wise) ! I just need to make sure I can actually eat what's on the menu.

And some photos from around the lodge...

Room 4026 is around where the top of the roof line of the middle cabin on the 4th floor (two floors from the top):
upload_2017-2-18_9-26-31.png

View from the walkway area by the geyser

upload_2017-2-18_9-29-1.png

Electrical Light Water Pageant from by the geyser

upload_2017-2-18_9-30-53.png

View of WL from Bay Lake heading to Fort Wilderness...you can see Geyser Point and the cabins being built by the Villas:

upload_2017-2-18_9-32-23.png

And WL Lobby:

upload_2017-2-18_9-34-30.png

upload_2017-2-18_9-35-43.png

Hi
We had a CM book a room for us at WL and he booked a room with bunkbeds courtyard view. Does anyone know if rooms with bunkbeds are just with courtyard views or do any have woods view?

Hi
We had a CM book a room for us at WL and he booked a room with bunkbeds courtyard view. Does anyone know if rooms with bunkbeds are just with courtyard views or do any have woods view?

Standard and courtyard are the only 2 view types, and bunk beds are only available in courtyard view.

There are bunk beds available with standard views. We stayed in a room like that last summer.

Oh, really?

The only bookable categories are standard view, courtyard view, courtyard view - bunk bed, standard club level, and deluxe club level.

So, it would just be a request since it's not a bookable category.

I'm fairly certain this has been discussed but I need a refresher. What is offered at Territory Lounge for breakfast? Just pastries? Is there a grab and go type section (yogurt, etc)? And I think I read it opens at 7?

Just trying to weigh my options. We will be in a villa so we will probably bring grab and go type BF items but I'm harder to please. I usually like a bagel in the AM, which is what I did last June, but I'm not really sure I want to take the time to eat that before heading out. I'd prefer something more portable. Figuring on granola bars, pop tarts, or dry cereal for my boys, and possibly husband.
When getting coffee from TL in December, I only noticed a small selection of grab and go pastry items. Not sure if this will change with the closure of RF, though.

When getting coffee from TL in December, I only noticed a small selection of grab and go pastry items. Not sure if this will change with the closure of RF, though.
Thank you! I think I've just decided to go with bringing some granola or protein bars for myself. We have late breakfast/early lunch plans (some TS, some QS) for every day of the trip so I really only need something to hold me over.

Hi
I can't answer for certain about booking Bunk Bed Standard but I did want to point out there is no longer a Woods View category, period. Only Courtyard and Standard.

And some photos from around the lodge...

Room 4026 is around where the top of the roof line of the middle cabin on the 4th floor (two floors from the top):
View attachment 220793

View from the walkway area by the geyser

View attachment 220796

Electrical Light Water Pageant from by the geyser

View attachment 220797

View of WL from Bay Lake heading to Fort Wilderness...you can see Geyser Point and the cabins being built by the Villas:

View attachment 220798

And WL Lobby:

View attachment 220799

View attachment 220800

These pics give me chills!! I love the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!