Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on how long Roaring Forks will be closed? We are currently booked at POR for July, but am considering switching resorts.

Thanks!

I read on facebook Mid-June. But it could take more time depending on what they want to do.

So when RF re-opens, there will be two quick service places. That should divide the crowds that form during breakfast then. Maybe RF is going is re-thinking the traffic flow in there and it will be easier to move around when you go in and order food. I am still eager to see the new place tho. Going in March and also in May.

2 more sleeps and we will be home. Have to admit I'm a little apprehensive about Geyser Point. I know it will be good but I really hate having to go outside to get breakfast. That was one of things we really enjoyed about WL - having a counter service "inside" the hotel.

So when RF re-opens, there will be two quick service places. That should divide the crowds that form during breakfast then. Maybe RF is going is re-thinking the traffic flow in there and it will be easier to move around when you go in and order food. I am still eager to see the new place tho. Going in March and also in May.

I'm so curious to see geyser point when it opens. My only worry is that it all appears to be outdoors, including the drink station. While it's under cover, that still means if you want to eat indoors you would need to go to roaring fork.

Just got back...The construction was pretty much a non-issue, and we were on the 4th floor facing the new cabins. They didn't start until 8 and ended by 5 pm. Even when we came back to the room in the afternoon, my mom and I both took naps with no problem. The boats to MK and kids running down the hall and doors slamming were louder than the construction (and those weren't that bad). I will post pics when I get back to a laptop today or tomorrow.

We have stayed at WL one time, but it was in June. We liked it, but we probably like the proximity of Beach Club to Epcot (and the pool) better...We are considering a trip the week after Christmas this year, so swimming will not be important. It just seems to me the WL would be a little more "Christmas-y" feeling. What are your thoughts on staying here at Christmas and will the construction be done? Thanks so much!

Any ideas on how long Roaring Forks will be closed? We are currently booked at POR for July, but am considering switching resorts.

Thanks!
I read on Humphrey's WL FB group that it would be mid-June but I've read sooner here on the DIS....so who knows.

I am *really* hoping the newRF has a good QS selection, including solid basics for those who are not "into" fancy or exotic food, and is not limited to something like basically glorified snacks.

I can't eat outside, so Geyser Point is not a good option -- we would have to bring our food back into the main building to eat, which is limiting in several ways. Likewise, I sometimes need to use an ECV at the resort not just the parks, and if it is raining (as it ALWAYS managed to do some of the time during our trips) there is no going outside with it. One of the reasons I love WL is everything is inside in one building (well, I count the covered walkway to the VWL as pseudo-inside ;-) ). No braving precipitation to get to the lobby, shop, or food. Having to take the boat to get to a monorail resort to have indoor QS meal doesn't seem right...

SW

I heard Roaring forks would open in April, before I go in May. Oh no this could be a problem, for a blind person alone finding breakfast outside each morning.

I have a question and believe me I looked everywhere for it, but no one seems to answer the question.

King beds at WL. Where are they? All ears do not have WL having king beds. Touring plans has them mistakingly listed as being the jr suites, which do not have king beds they have 2 queen beds. I know that the honeymoon suites on club level are king beds, but there is listed to have about 20 king beds, I can only find 4, what I am trying to find is are any of them ground floor? Does anyone know?

Last edited:
King beds at WL. Where are they? All ears do not have WL having king beds. Touring plans has them mistakingly listed as being the jr suites, which do not have king beds they have 2 queen beds. I know that the honeymoon suites on club level are king beds, but there is listed to have about 20 queen beds, I can only find 4, what I am trying to find is are any of them ground floor? Does anyone know?

I can't answer where exactly the King bed rooms are, however I do note that rooms with King are a bookable category for the various accessible rooms. I know from another post of yours that an "accessible" room may not meet your needs, but that is where some of the Kings definitely are.

I too did some searching to find where exactly the king rooms are and other than the honeymoon suites could not find specific locations.

One thing I DID notice though from the pictures I saw of WL rooms: a LOT of the ground floor rooms -- as in rooms with a patio at ground level -- actually have barriers of various types around the patio area. Stonework, bushes, huge pillars. For many of them, they are NOT designed so you could, for example, go from the patio to an easy walk on the grass nearby, and there don't appear to be paths to those patios from the outside. Some for example, have a low step-up like stonework between two large floor to ceiling pillars. The step-thing (it is not actually a step, just resembles one) is a good trip hazard; but beyond it in some pictures are shrubs, plants, and planted areas, while others do actually have grass beyond it. That is for some rooms. This contrasts with some other resorts where there is a flat stonework patio and then flat to grass. You mentionned in another post that barriers outside the room can be an issue for you. Obviously when you speak with special services it will be really important that they understand all of your needs and can hopefully have enough information about the resort to help you prioritize if there are conflicting needs.

I am hoping someone else on here who has more experience with the ground floor rooms can speak to what the patios are like, so you have a good idea of what to expect, should there actually be a king on the ground floor.

SW

I can't answer where exactly the King bed rooms are, however I do note that rooms with King are a bookable category for the various accessible rooms. I know from another post of yours that an "accessible" room may not meet your needs, but that is where some of the Kings definitely are.

I too did some searching to find where exactly the king rooms are and other than the honeymoon suites could not find specific locations.

One thing I DID notice though from the pictures I saw of WL rooms: a LOT of the ground floor rooms -- as in rooms with a patio at ground level -- actually have barriers of various types around the patio area. Stonework, bushes, huge pillars. For many of them, they are NOT designed so you could, for example, go from the patio to an easy walk on the grass nearby, and there don't appear to be paths to those patios from the outside. Some for example, have a low step-up like stonework between two large floor to ceiling pillars. The step-thing (it is not actually a step, just resembles one) is a good trip hazard; but beyond it in some pictures are shrubs, plants, and planted areas, while others do actually have grass beyond it. That is for some rooms. This contrasts with some other resorts where there is a flat stonework patio and then flat to grass. You mentionned in another post that barriers outside the room can be an issue for you. Obviously when you speak with special services it will be really important that they understand all of your needs and can hopefully have enough information about the resort to help you prioritize if there are conflicting needs.

I am hoping someone else on here who has more experience with the ground floor rooms can speak to what the patios are like, so you have a good idea of what to expect, should there actually be a king on the ground floor.

SW

Thank you, I had my daughters explain that so I do know, they stated they thought they were to be about a step, and then grass. Originally I want to ask for a standard room like 1006 to 1010, this would be the rooms the furthest away from lobby, closest to boat dock, behind where the resort was, so facing MK this would be before the lake. See my dog goes out about 10 pm, so probably as we are coming in for night, then I usually get up for work at 4:30, I figured these room would be great. But then I had to change and they could not get me in the same category or at all, so I changed to an assessable room, the one that has a tub but has reals, because that is helpful not necessary but helpful. But the only room I can find with a king bed and the tub with reals is on 6th floor. That is actually the only room I can find at all with king bed, the other two would be on the other side that are being remodeled. So I am trying to figure out if I should keep trying to find the Queen beds so I can get ground floor, or if I should just go with 6th floor. On vacation, I will get up, shower, dress and bring the dog outside at 4:30, if on the 6th floor, if on ground floor, I can open door and just step out, no one else will be out at 4:30 on the back side of the resort. The step as long as I know about it will be fine, it was the wrought iron fences at POFQ that killed me.

Thank you, I had my daughters explain that so I do know, they stated they thought they were to be about a step, and then grass. Originally I want to ask for a standard room like 1006 to 1010, this would be the rooms the furthest away from lobby, closest to boat dock, behind where the resort was, so facing MK this would be before the lake. See my dog goes out about 10 pm, so probably as we are coming in for night, then I usually get up for work at 4:30, I figured these room would be great. But then I had to change and they could not get me in the same category or at all, so I changed to an assessable room, the one that has a tub but has reals, because that is helpful not necessary but helpful. But the only room I can find with a king bed and the tub with reals is on 6th floor. That is actually the only room I can find at all with king bed, the other two would be on the other side that are being remodeled. So I am trying to figure out if I should keep trying to find the Queen beds so I can get ground floor, or if I should just go with 6th floor. On vacation, I will get up, shower, dress and bring the dog outside at 4:30, if on the 6th floor, if on ground floor, I can open door and just step out, no one else will be out at 4:30 on the back side of the resort. The step as long as I know about it will be fine, it was the wrought iron fences at POFQ that killed me.

For some of the ground floor rooms there is a step and on the other side of the step are buses or other landscaping, not grass. Others look to have the step and just grass on the other side. Not sure what other configurations there are.

One of the things I like about WL is that the halls are not all twisty like somewhere like Beach Club is (I got soooo disoriented at Beach Club). Fairly straight shots, sometimes with a bend, but still easy to follow.

Have you stayed at WL before ? According to the resort map "Service animal relief areas located in grassy areas adjacent to parking lots.". Assuming that is still the case, The parking lots are all at the front of the Lodge, so going out the front doors to get to it might be the most direct. In which case, any reasonable to navigate to room location maybe might work ?

SW

For some of the ground floor rooms there is a step and on the other side of the step are buses or other landscaping, not grass. Others look to have the step and just grass on the other side. Not sure what other configurations there are.

One of the things I like about WL is that the halls are not all twisty like somewhere like Beach Club is (I got soooo disoriented at Beach Club). Fairly straight shots, sometimes with a bend, but still easy to follow.

Have you stayed at WL before ? According to the resort map "Service animal relief areas located in grassy areas adjacent to parking lots.". Assuming that is still the case, The parking lots are all at the front of the Lodge, so going out the front doors to get to it might be the most direct. In which case, any reasonable to navigate to room location maybe might work ?

SW

I have stayed at BRV but not WL. In all of my stays at a resort, none but AKL ever told me that they had specific places for my dog, never thought to ask either. I did ask for a trash bucket to be placed on the porch at BRV since last June when we were there I walked out let the dog go, picked up and they had placed a bucket on the porch, I figured I would do the same at WL. I do always pick up after my dog. I also know when she will go since I feed her same time every day so it is not to hard to figure it out. AKL had to take me and the dog, due to several reasons, but a big one was everything is fake, no real grass, no real trees, nothing but fake plastic, boy they can make it look so real. And it may not be plastic. So they had to take me, it was hard, we were upstairs, we had to get down then ask for someone, then go outside with them, so it could take a while, thank goodness my dog can hold it. I will ask, and yes, when on court side there may be a step and then bushes and stuff, but in the back standard or wood views, there is just grass, parking lot and a pond. I do appreciate you helping, I hear you about the BC, hated it, they had to move us to the contemporary it was so bad. I have been thru WL several times, just not into a room. My daughters are trying to find a king room to tell me how they are configured, they usually can have me know it before it get there.

I heard Roaring forks would open in April, before I go in May. Oh no this could be a problem, for a blind person alone finding breakfast outside each morning.

I have a question and believe me I looked everywhere for it, but no one seems to answer the question.

King beds at WL. Where are they? All ears do not have WL having king beds. Touring plans has them mistakingly listed as being the jr suites, which do not have king beds they have 2 queen beds. I know that the honeymoon suites on club level are king beds, but there is listed to have about 20 king beds, I can only find 4, what I am trying to find is are any of them ground floor? Does anyone know?

Touring plans has a search tool to narrow down king beds/ accessibility/ etc. have you tried that site? I haven't personally used the tool but maybe it will help you find what you need.

Touring plans has a search tool to narrow down king beds/ accessibility/ etc. have you tried that site? I haven't personally used the tool but maybe it will help you find what you need.

I have, there site is totally wrong for this hotel. They list all 25 jr suites as the king bed rooms. I know that is false, the jr suites have 2 queen beds and a Queen sofa bed. They list all four honeymoon suites as king, but all four of them are not open anymore due to construction. That leaves, only 1 king bed that I can find on the 6th floor woods view off lobby. It is listed that they have 20 king beds, so if you take the four honeymoon and this one there is still 15, say 7 are in the construction, that would still leave 8 more rooms, but no one has any map saying where they are.

I am *really* hoping the newRF has a good QS selection, including solid basics for those who are not "into" fancy or exotic food, and is not limited to something like basically glorified snacks.

I can't eat outside, so Geyser Point is not a good option -- we would have to bring our food back into the main building to eat, which is limiting in several ways. Likewise, I sometimes need to use an ECV at the resort not just the parks, and if it is raining (as it ALWAYS managed to do some of the time during our trips) there is no going outside with it. One of the reasons I love WL is everything is inside in one building (well, I count the covered walkway to the VWL as pseudo-inside ;-) ). No braving precipitation to get to the lobby, shop, or food. Having to take the boat to get to a monorail resort to have indoor QS meal doesn't seem right...

SW

My guess (although we should know tomorrow) is that Geyser Point Bar & Grill will be very very similar to the Oasis Bar & Grill that recently opened at the Polynesian. The quick service menu there is moderately basic https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/oasis-bar-grill/menus/ but of course all the food at the Poly is more Asian style. See also http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...d-grill-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/. I expect the menu at Geyser Point won't be that different from Roaring Fork, but it may change again after RF re-opens

Although it is outdoors it does look like it will be covered, but I assume all the seating at Roaring Fork will be closed, so if you really need to be indoors you will need to go back to your room. For me at most hours the shaded covered seating will be enough.

I do also expect once RF re-opens Geyser Point will go to more of a lunch hours only. Oasis at the Poly is 11am to 8pm.

I have, there site is totally wrong for this hotel. They list all 25 jr suites as the king bed rooms. I know that is false, the jr suites have 2 queen beds and a Queen sofa bed. They list all four honeymoon suites as king, but all four of them are not open anymore due to construction. That leaves, only 1 king bed that I can find on the 6th floor woods view off lobby. It is listed that they have 20 king beds, so if you take the four honeymoon and this one there is still 15, say 7 are in the construction, that would still leave 8 more rooms, but no one has any map saying where they are.

That stinks! If the tool worked it would be pretty awesome.

I am staying here in June. With the beach closed, is there any place to watch the water parade? We are landing at 6:40pm. Trying to think of what to do for dinner that evening. We might just hop to the Poly to view Wishes and water parade but thought I'd see what my options are here first. Thanks. Anything else I'm significantly missing? Roaring Fork still closed probably with June 9 arrival?

WDWMagic has the menu for Geyser Point http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/geys...geyser-point-bar-and-grill-overview/29604.htm

I am staying here in June. With the beach closed, is there any place to watch the water parade? We are landing at 6:40pm. Trying to think of what to do for dinner that evening. We might just hop to the Poly to view Wishes and water parade but thought I'd see what my options are here first. Thanks. Anything else I'm significantly missing? Roaring Fork still closed probably with June 9 arrival?

The boat dock will give the best view, but I expect Geyser Point bar will have a good view too, looking at the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter