img_3568-jpg.262204

img_3567-jpg.262205

img_3566-jpg.262206

img_3559-jpg.262207

img_3564-jpg.262208

IMG_8290_zpsiyexj3dd.jpg

IMG_8292_zpsjzbdmgfd.jpg

CAROLWOOD PACIFIC ROOM

Walt Disney loved steam trains and the Wilderness Lodge is home to some art, photographs, replicas, and actual artifacts from Walt's hobby and Disney World's earliest years.

In the Carolwood Pacific Room (formerly the Iron Spike Room), which is in a corner of the VWL lobby, you can play chess and checkers by the fireplace or learn more about Walt Disney's favorite hobby. Two of the most intriguing pieces of history in this room are the two train cars, donated by Walt's daughter. The cars actually come from Walt's own backyard railroad, the Carolwood Pacific Railroad. Walt used to pull these cars behind his own American 4-4-0 engine named "Lilly Belle" after his wife. You can see the Carolwood Pacific logo on the cars.

MORE PHOTOS

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.33.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.33.44 PM.png

Last edited:
CHRISTMASTIME AT WILDERNESS LODGE and THE (former) VILLAS AT DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE

Decorations begin going up overnight the week prior to Thanksgiving Week. In 2014 the tree went up overnight on 11/24. In 2013, the tree went up on 11/19. A lottery determines when each resort is decorated.

TIME-LAPSE VIDEO
The 2014 WL Christmas tree going up from 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM. It is condensed into about one minute.
Link courtesy of OnceUponATime15

ALLEARS 2013 WL/VWL DECORATIONS SLIDESHOW
Link courtesy of crazy4wdw

DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.37.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.37.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.38.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.38.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.38.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.39.28 PM.png

THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.39.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.39.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.40.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.40.14 PM.png

Last edited:
WONDERS OF THE LODGE ART AND ARCHITECTURAL TOUR

Wednesday - Saturday from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Meets near the WL lobby fireplace. FREE and open to all ages. Reservations not accepted/needed.

MORE INFORMATION

RANGER JACK, YOUR TRUSTY GUIDE
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.43.49 PM.png

BRV/CAROLWOOD PACIFIC ROOM
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.33.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.44.04 PM.png

TERRITORY LOUNGE

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.44.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.44.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.45.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.45.41 PM.png

ARTIST POINT
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.45.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.46.03 PM.png

The tour concludes on the 5th floor promptly at 10:00
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 6.46.17 PM.png

Last edited:
Fab new thread thank you !

I'm excited as we completed our esta's today and they were approved so there's no stopping us now WL here we come!

Just thought of a question perhaps someone might know the answer too - dh doesn't drink alcohol and here in the uk we buy alcohol free beer / larger - can u get anything similar at WL either at the store or in lounge or will dh have to stick with sodas?

Thanks

Checked out of the Lodge this morning :(

But checked into CBR.

Wish we could have kept the rest of our trip at the Lodge but at the time there was no availability for courtyard view.

Our room here at CBR is nice though. We have one of the new renovated rooms in Jamaica which has the Murphy Bed. Kind of neat. DH says he is going to sleep in it one night :lmao:
They also have queen beds instead of the doubles they use to have and they are sooooooooooft!

Speaking of renovated rooms, while we were at the Lodge, we saw some rooms on the first floor facing the Villas pool completely gutted of their soft goods. It was about 4 or 5 rooms. I took pictures, but my computer and photobucket and the slow introwebs here are not playing nice. I will post them as soon as I can :)

Questions:

Can you see wishes from the beach area?

Where is the best place to view wishes?

And can you see them at all from any standard view rooms?

Thanks!

Hi all! I need some vwl input. My family of five is staying in vwl with my sister's family of five. We have reserved two studios since we can't all fit in any other rooms all together and the cl rooms were booked (and overpriced for our budgets). I know it will be tight and that's ok but I'm concerned about the Murphy bed. Is there a weight limit? Will it hold an averaged sized 11yr old? Also, I'm assuming we won't be able to get connecting rooms, right? Lastly, I recently read that someone got a studio without a balcony...is this true? Do some studios not have balconies? I should request one if I want one? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Hi all! I need some vwl input. My family of five is staying in vwl with my sister's family of five. We have reserved two studios since we can't all fit in any other rooms all together and the cl rooms were booked (and overpriced for our budgets). I know it will be tight and that's ok but I'm concerned about the Murphy bed. Is there a weight limit? Will it hold an averaged sized 11yr old? Also, I'm assuming we won't be able to get connecting rooms, right? Lastly, I recently read that someone got a studio without a balcony...is this true? Do some studios not have balconies? I should request one if I want one? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

The murphy bed is larger than a crib, but smaller than a twin sized bed. So depending on the weight and height of the 11 yr old, he or she might fit. There is at least one studio at VWL that does not have a balcony. It just didn't fit when they were building the villas, so it was left off. Studios never connect to other studios at VWL. The only location for connecting studios will be the Polynesian Bungalows and Villas at the Polynesian Village Resort. They will connect to a one bedroom villa to make a lockoff two bedroom villa.

KOOK- I love when you start a new thread! I always take the time to look through the wealth of info and photos in the beginning- something I don't do very often once the conversations get going!
Every new thread has been more amazing than the last. I can't imagine how much of your time is given to this, but please know it is SO appreciated!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (one just didn't seem like enough)

:worship:

Thanks for setting up the new thread, Kook. It looks great. :goodvibes

Just thought of a question perhaps someone might know the answer too - dh doesn't drink alcohol and here in the uk we buy alcohol free beer / larger - can u get anything similar at WL either at the store or in lounge or will dh have to stick with sodas?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that they have non-alcoholic beer. Most bars will serve it.

Questions:
Can you see wishes from the beach area?

Where is the best place to view wishes?

And can you see them at all from any standard view rooms?

Thanks!

The beach has the best view, imo. The best spot is as close to the water as you can get. Keep walking toward the marina until you find a spot you like. :)

Any of the rooms on the highest floor that face toward the MK will have a chance at having a view of Wishes, as long as nothing is in the way, like trees. I'm not sure about standard view, though. I guess it would depend on the trees.

Hooray for the new thread! Looking at all the pics again got me even more excited for our next stay at the Lodge!

Thanks Kook for all you do to keep us informed & connected with the Lodge!

Subscribing to this wonderful thread, this has helped us get a good idea of what to expect during our upcoming stay this summer. We will be celebrating DS achieving great exam results at school , my birthday and our wedding anniversary. We would ideally like a quiet room with an open balcony facing the woods, is it possible to select these when we do online check in?

Great new thread. Lots of wonderful information. Thanks for setting this up KOOK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter