Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to a Podcast the other day and the person mentioned that the walk up at Geyser Point is giving the 20% AP discount for food since Roaring Forks is closed for refurb. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? I have searched around the interwebs and can't find anything about it.

Second question, has anyone tried using the 20% discounts (AP or TIW) for refillable mugs at the resorts with food court discounts (i.e. Roaring Forks, All-Stars, Pop)
We were there in March and asked about the TiW card and the AP discount. The counter service gives you the discount but the bar area, does not give any discounts - not AP, TiW, Disney Visa, nothing. There is a bar menu which is different from the counter service menu. Food on the bar menu, mostly appetizers, does not have a discount.

We have a TiW card and an AP and we were never able to use them when we had drinks and appetizers at Geyser Point.

Is courtyard view worth the extra cost vs standard view? Right now we have booked courtyard with bunks and hubby wants to keep it.... but i'm second guessing myself :/

I just talked to hubby and he finally agreed with me to switch to standard. Going to call in the morning and see what we can do :)

Yes. The reclassified all the Woods View rooms to standard when they removed the trees for the new DVC buildings which gives you a great view of the Castle and Fireworks.

Do you think some of the Standard View rooms will be reverted back to another room type after construction is complete? Like MK View?

The reason I ask is because MDE correctly listed what we initially booked, Standard View. However, after we checked in, it switched to Woods View (Room 6018). I just found that interesting. Incredible MK/castle/Bay Lake views, btw. Felt like an upgrade from what a typical Standard should be.

Do you think some of the Standard View rooms will be reverted back to another room type after construction is complete? Like MK View?

The reason I ask is because MDE correctly listed what we initially booked, Standard View. However, after we checked in, it switched to Woods View (Room 6018). I just found that interesting. Incredible MK/castle/Bay Lake views, btw. Felt like an upgrade from what a typical Standard should be.
The front desk staff still considers those rooms are an upgrade to woods view. We had booked a standard view room and when we checked in I asked about getting one of those rooms like you had. In fact, we had room 6018 the first time we stayed at the WL. The CM at the front desk said that it was an upgrade. I think they will revert to their old booking categories at some point in the future.

I just got off the phone and was able to switch to standard and put in those requests! Thank you @dansdad for the advice! Between 2 rooms (going with in laws) we were also able to save $1000 so that's a win in itself in my eyes!

Couple of questions?

Will all the construction be done at Wildner less by the end of this October?

How many square feet are the studios at Copper Creek?

What is the difference between Deluxe studio at copper creek or deluxe studio with walk in shower ? ( does this mean no tub???)

also are there buses that always run from wilderness lodge to magic kingdom????

lastly long time beach club person but considering moving over to wilderness lodge which do you feel is better..while we use to love storalong bay i know have a 2 year old i find that pool overwhelming now the amenities at wilderness lodge look so nice now! having a hard time deciding where to stay

The front desk staff still considers those rooms are an upgrade to woods view. We had booked a standard view room and when we checked in I asked about getting one of those rooms like you had. In fact, we had room 6018 the first time we stayed at the WL. The CM at the front desk said that it was an upgrade. I think they will revert to their old booking categories at some point in the future.

Thank you! I had a hunch that was the case.

WL is such a lovely resort with wonderful CMs, and the fact that they reserved that particular room for us all day (arrived close to midnight), without us asking, meant so much. It really started with the personalized email greeting regarding construction. The CM who wrote it did a good job and set the tone for our stay.

Will all the construction be done at Wildner less by the end of this October?
No one knows for certain if all of the construction is going to be completed by October, but we do know that they plan to open Copper Creek villas and cabins by the middle of July. And the CM's that I talked to said that most of the other things, like elevators, Roaring Forks and the new pool were supposed to be open by then, too.:)

also are there buses that always run from wilderness lodge to magic kingdom????
Yes, there are always buses that run to MK. :)

lastly long time beach club person but considering moving over to wilderness lodge which do you feel is better..while we use to love storalong bay i know have a 2 year old i find that pool overwhelming now the amenities at wilderness lodge look so nice now! having a hard time deciding where to stay
We love the Beach Club, too. My daughter, who loves the BC, choose the WL over the Beach Club when their kids were 3 and 5 because of the boat to MK, the convenience of Roaring Forks, and the pool. The WL has an amazing splash pad for kids shorter than 48". And the main pool has a slide that is fun. The new villas pool has zero entry, which will be perfect for a young child.

As far as the Beach Club goes, kids love the sandy area at SAB. And there is a little kiddie pool and little slide hidden behind the Pirate slide. It is shallow and perfect for little ones. Most people don't even know it is there. :)

You can find more information on the Copper Creek villas and studios in the DVC forum. Here is a link to a room tour:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/copper-creek-360-degree-virtual-tours.3592963/

Last edited:
No one knows for certain if all of the construction is going to be completed by October, but we do know that they plan to open Copper Creek villas and cabins by the middle of July. And the CM's that I talked to said that most of the other things, like elevators, Roaring Forks and the new pool were supposed to be open by then, too.:)

Yes, there are always buses that run to MK. :)

We love the Beach Club, too. My daughter, who loves the BC, choose the WL over the Beach Club when their kids were 3 and 5 because of the boat to MK, the convenience of Roaring Forks, and the pool. The WL has an amazing splash pad for kids shorter than 48". And the main pool has a slide that is fun. The new villas pool has zero entry, which will be perfect for a young child.

As far as the Beach Club goes, kids love the sandy area at SAB. And there is a little kiddie pool and little slide hidden behind the Pirate slide. It is shallow and perfect for little ones. Most people don't even know it is there. :)

You can find more information on the Copper Creek villas and studios in the DVC forum. Here is a link to a room tour:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/copper-creek-360-degree-virtual-tours.3592963/

I am 99 percent switching to copper creek..I would be moving from a lagoon view beach club to copper creek studio...my question is i looked at the studio layout the closet space seems so minimal do you think luggage would fit under the bed at copper creek

Isn't there a post in here about where the club level standard rooms are located? I can't find it. Thanks in advance if you can point me to it.

Will be there 4th of July (standard club level)--what's best plan for seeing fireworks from the resort? Should I make a room request that will up my chances of being able to see from my room?

Thank you !!!

Last edited:
Isn't there a post in here about where the club level standard rooms are located? I can't find it. Thanks in advance if you can point me to it.

Will be there 4th of July (standard club level)--what's best plan for seeing fireworks from the resort? Should I make a room request that will up my chances of being able to see from my room?

Thank you !!!

The first post contains a table of contents, one of which is the Old Faithful Club overview. Here's the link: (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52944255&postcount=8) Keep in mind the south wing of the resort is what's being turned into DVC so any information applies to the north wing only.

For those asking about fireworks views...

I stayed CL last week (room 7054 - pretty much right in the middle of the hallway). I was in a standard CL room and requested a room which faced toward the Castle. Below are some photos from my room. The fireworks are Wishes - we checked out the first day of the new show, so I haven't seen it (although I did see some testing going on while we were there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter