Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if the closure lasts longer than a month or two. I expect Roaring Fork to be open by the summer, and for our trip in August, but nothing is certain.
Im glad you think so I had the same thoughts about hoping Roaring Fork is open soon. We go in September, and I just don't see having to go outside for breakfast and no mickey waffles. I think once both places are open it's going to be great to have plenty of places to eat, but Geyser Point doesn't look big enough to hold a bunch of people at once for breakfast!

I'm fairly certain this has been discussed but I need a refresher. What is offered at Territory Lounge for breakfast? Just pastries? Is there a grab and go type section (yogurt, etc)? And I think I read it opens at 7?

Just trying to weigh my options. We will be in a villa so we will probably bring grab and go type BF items but I'm harder to please. I usually like a bagel in the AM, which is what I did last June, but I'm not really sure I want to take the time to eat that before heading out. I'd prefer something more portable. Figuring on granola bars, pop tarts, or dry cereal for my boys, and possibly husband.

Im glad you think so I had the same thoughts about hoping Roaring Fork is open soon. We go in September, and I just don't see having to go outside for breakfast and no mickey waffles. I think once both places are open it's going to be great to have plenty of places to eat, but Geyser Point doesn't look big enough to hold a bunch of people at once for breakfast!

Ok so the latest I remember seeing it mentioned being reopened in this thread was mid-June. Looking at other recent food court refurbishments (POFQ and GF) puts them at 4 and 2 months, respectively. POFQ got a rather extensive refurbishment and menu change. No idea on the level of Gasparilla. I would think just based on common sense that they'd want it done before the busiest part of summer. So, my selfish hope is that it will be done by Memorial Day and most likely by July 4th. But that's just a guess. They really could be trying to rework a lot of things.

Ok so the latest I remember seeing it mentioned being reopened in this thread was mid-June. Looking at other recent food court refurbishments (POFQ and GF) puts them at 4 and 2 months, respectively. POFQ got a rather extensive refurbishment and menu change. No idea on the level of Gasparilla. I would think just based on common sense that they'd want it done before the busiest part of summer. So, my selfish hope is that it will be done by Memorial Day and most likely by July 4th. But that's just a guess. They really could be trying to rework a lot of things.
I wonder what they are doing to it at all? adding more seating?? Expanding the area?

Roaring Fork wasn't even remotely big enough for a bunch of people for breakfast. GP isn't worse that it was. Size was just 1 of many things I hated about RF. So hope the refurb changes a lot about it

I'm fairly certain this has been discussed but I need a refresher. What is offered at Territory Lounge for breakfast? Just pastries? Is there a grab and go type section (yogurt, etc)? And I think I read it opens at 7?

I was wondering this, too. Hopefully, someone who goes soon can give us an update. I just wish, TL would've picked up some of RF dishes or GP would've temporarily have picked up some of their dishes. New menus are exciting but some of us are/travel with picky eaters. Was TL only serving coffee when it was open or did it serve other drinks too, like juice and milk, in the mornings?

The Disney Food Blog has pictures of the Quick Service window at Geyser Point and it shows DDP items.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...nt-bar-and-grill-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

The wdwinfo page lists the location as not accepting the dining plan, but that must just be for the table service.

We are looking forward to trying GP, and it will be a great addition to RF for the future.

I am a bit confused. Is Geyser Point going to be both a quick service and a table service? If so, are both sections open?

Sorry if this has been asked. Do you think Roaring Forks will be open again in late October/early November of this year?
The Geyser Bar looks great and we will definitely add that to our list of things to do during hotel downtime.

Roaring Fork is expected to re-open in June. But not guaranteed yet.

I am a bit confused. Is Geyser Point going to be both a quick service and a table service? If so, are both sections open?

Geyser Point is a lounge and a quick service. The bar/lounge offers a bar menu and bar snack appetiser food. There is also a quick service takeout counter (and mug refill station). The bar servers can also offer the full quick service menu for you to eat at the bar area. Other than the bar food appetisers there is no table service menu, just quick service food served on plates to the bar area. So its a kind of hybrid bar/QS.

Disney Food Blog has a good write-up. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/02/14/first-look-and-review-geyser-point-bar-and-grill-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

The part of the building that isn't open is "Reunion Station" and has been labelled on maps as Kids Activities.

I agree about the picky eater and Geyser Point. It looks like a nice second option especially because of the seating area but there's not enough on the menu for me to eat ( I have food allergies ).... we went through a huge back-and-forth and ended up rebooking port Orleans for a month from now... it was not worth it for us to spend an extra $700 with a limited menu ...weighing our options in terms of staying at POR in a month and then hoping to squeeze in a second trip ( money will be the limiting factor )this year or just waiting ... I think it's pretty disappointing they are not offering a few more basic options. Dont get me wrong, I could see myself sitting in that seating area all day working/reading ( we like to spend a lot of time at the resort )

Forgot to add no Mickey waffles is a big deal lol! and I realize you can get them I would think from room service or from whispering Canyon but then you're spending extra money

Is it convenient to get to Geyser Point if I wanted to take a boat from MK and try it out for lunch?

Why? I've seen a couple reviews and WL is one of my favorite resorts but I can no longer afford to stay there. We always try to visit for a meal.

If you are going for the bar and the atmosphere it looks great, but for quick service food it doens't seem to be all that special. I read the crab cake burger is good, but the beef burger is the same as you would get inside the Magic Kingdom, reviews of the Bison burger didn't seem awesome and the waffle fry portion is tiny. I just think, in my opinion, it might not be worth taking 2+ hours away from a park for a simple menu of five sandwiches. If you want to take 2-3 hours away from the park to relax with an adult beverage then it would be a great choice from what I can see, but for a quick service meal, you might as well stay in the Magic Kingdom.

Edit to add, personally I wouldn't bother going to Roaring Fork if I wasn't staying at the Wilderness Lodge either, the QS food isn't that different to anything you can get inside the park (except maybe the roast beef & blue cheese sandwich but I think Be Our Guest has similar).
But the QS at the Polynesian has a nice asian style menu that is different to anything else in the MK area and probably is worth the short trip.

Last edited:
If you are going for the bar and the atmosphere it looks great, but for quick service food it doens't seem to be all that special. I read the crab cake burger is good, but the beef burger is the same as you would get inside the Magic Kingdom, reviews of the Bison burger didn't seem awesome and the waffle fry portion is tiny. I just think, in my opinion, it might not be worth taking 2+ hours away from a park for a simple menu of five sandwiches. If you want to take 2-3 hours away from the park to relax with an adult beverage then it would be a great choice from what I can see, but for a quick service meal, you might as well stay in the Magic Kingdom.

Edit to add, personally I wouldn't bother going to Roaring Fork if I wasn't staying at the Wilderness Lodge either, the QS food isn't that different to anything you can get inside the park (except maybe the roast beef & blue cheese sandwich but I think Be Our Guest has similar).
But the QS at the Polynesian has a nice asian style menu that is different to anything else in the MK area and probably is worth the short trip.
I appreciate your thoughts. I'd purposely be going to WL to relax out of the park and grab a bite. We usually go in August when it's godawful hot and take a break midday when heat and crowds are highest. Next trip I won't park hop so hopping to an MK resort for a break is next best thing.

If you have not been to WL.... the current breakdown RE; restaurants....

Artist Point - TS, expensive, somewhat worth it, dinner Get Reservations.
Whispering Canyon - TS, probably the BEST general purpose location, BR, Lunch, Dinner - perfect for families. Get Reservations.
Roaring Forks - cheap. A cafeteria. No reservations required, none taken.
Geyser Point - CURRENTLY a Roaring Forks replacement.... therefore cheap, a cafeteria, no reservations required, none taken.

Everyone else - One CAN just bag WL, and head to The Grand Floridian, or Contemporary. CAB to GF, boat available to Contemporary. This opens up a whole world of options.
Oh - cab to GF is about $10, one way. HOWEVER - after eating? Monorail, free, to the MK.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!