Disney's ride down time higher then it's ever been

Wonderful headline. Too bad there is no nexus between admission prices and attraction down time. Attraction down time might be more about the complexity of new attractions or the age of old ones. Either way, it has nothing to do with ticket prices.

Wonderful headline. Too bad there is no nexus between admission prices and attraction down time. Attraction down time might be more about the complexity of new attractions or the age of old ones. Either way, it has nothing to do with ticket prices.
No there isn't but that wasn't the point of the article. For that matter most times the writer of the article doesn't create the headline.

No there isn't but that wasn't the point of the article. For that matter most times the writer of the article doesn't create the headline.
Right. The point of the headline is click bait.

There is, in my opinion. Guests are paying ever higher prices, yet downtimes are increasing, according to the data. After a while, guests will question the value equation. I do. Especially since capital is bled off (some might say "looted") from the Parks and Experiences Division to pay for deadheads at ESPN, ABC, and streaming, while park equipment maintenance is neglected.

The ride complexity is addressed in the article, and I agree is a part of the issue. But the data look solid to me.

Right. The point of the headline is click bait.

Perhaps. But in this case, the article is well researched and hard to dispute the data, considering it was taken right off Disney's provided apps. Nevertheless, as expected, Disney officially "disagreed" with the data used in this article, citing that it didn't match their own "internal metrics."

So either their own apps are providing wrong information in real time to park guests OR their internal metrics are being fudged. Either way, Disney is the one in the wrong.

Why is it so hard for many of you to accept the things that are happening and so quick to defend them?
Because so much of the "news" these days are simply attempts to grab eyeballs and thus advertising revenue.

Why is it so hard for many of you to accept the things that are happening and so quick to defend them?

Exactly.

The ride down time has been a significant problem at Disneyland in the last year. It is happening to an extent that I have never seen and I've been a regular visitor for over 20 years. It's bad. Disney shouldn't be defensive on this topic. It is something they need to address in a real way. Some humility would be nice from a company that is charging more and more and trying to justify it by claiming they still provide a superior product. There were cracks in the system that have turned into fault lines.

Perhaps. But in this case, the article is well researched and hard to dispute the data, considering it was taken right off Disney's provided apps. Nevertheless, as expected, Disney officially "disagreed" with the data used in this article, citing that it didn't match their own "internal metrics."

So either their own apps are providing wrong information in real time to park guests OR their internal metrics are being fudged. Either way, Disney is the one in the wrong.
And yet the headline attempts to bring in higher prices.

If ticket prices are increasing it would stand to reason a portion of the price increase would be earmarked to lessen down times of either complex rides or old rides, no?

If ticket prices are increasing it would stand to reason a portion of the price increase would be earmarked to lessen down times of either complex rides or old rides, no?
No, Disney won't use the ticket-$-increase to fix/improve ride mechanics unless there's a liability issue, or an attendance drop-off which polls indicate is due to lack of maintenance.

Felt so bad for the one dude that looked super overworked when I got stuck on Star Wars ride for close to an hour. Not only overworked, but literally looked like he was the only one that knew how to even fix it. This is to the point above about complicated rides. At least get the dude an apprentice or something... Or this guy ⬇️

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-02-2016/WZmEIy.mp4

While most all media has become click bait news, in this case this article is not wrong in its reporting or even in the headline. At a time when Disney is charging more, in fact at lot more, they are suffering due to what I can only assume is ride design, lack of maintenance and lack of attention to detail. I appreciate that an established paper has called Disney out, we'll see if Iger will do anything about it. I've said it before, if I were at the park and major rides went down I think Disney should be providing refunds, now more then ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!