Disney's Property Control Store

BabySimba

Mouseketeer
All right so I've heard a bit about this place. Basically a giant garage sale on MK property. I'm pretty interested in knowing what people have picked up here and how good the prices really are. And I'm also wondering how to get there. I know it's by the MK cast parking lot but how do I get there if I'm taking the bus?

Anyway, go ahead and tell me the awesome (or unawesome) stuff you've picked up there. I'm very interested in what is available since I'm totally cheap. :rotfl:

Sunglasses at 50 cents a pair... got presents for a group of friends up at school for $3, wonderful!

Are these sales only on certain days? I'd be in for 50 cent Oakleys and Ray Bans! But I am sure those are few and far between...

They have sales everyday! There are two buildings: Property Control, which is the trailer where they sell all of the broken merchandise and unclaimed lost and found items. Everything is 75 percent off the original price. And some of the merchandise you can't even tell it's broken until you look at it under a magnifying glass, lol. I brought a beautiful Tinkerbell snow globe from there for only $5 (originally $80) and the only thing wrong with it was a small spot of chipped paint. It's not hard to miss because it would be the trailer with all of the strollers that were left behind by guests lined up in front of it, lol! You will lose your sunglasses a lot while working (I lost about 8 sunglasses), so this is a good place to buy cheap ones that you won't cry over when you lose them. The sunglasses they sell actually were once owned by guests, but were lost and never claimed (basically, the ones from lost and found). I actually brought a pair of cute Gucci ones for 50 cents. Of course, that was a pair that I never took to work. The other building is called Cast Connections and this is the big building next to Property Control. It's where they sell the merchandise that was discontinued and not sold anymore in the parks. The prices are reduced and you can also use your original 20 percent off that you normally get for merchandise as well. I got a beautiful pink and black watch with pink crystals surrounding the watch head and Pirate Princess engraved inside the clock. It was originally sold for $120, but it was reduced to around $30 and with the 20 percent discount, I got it for $25. It was a nice bargain. They sell t-shirts, pins, statues, hats, bags, etc. And in one area of the store, they sell the big items, like arcade games they don't use anymore in the arcades, furniture that were once in the resorts (even ice bins, telephones, towels, etc from the resorts), old computers, and T.V.s. They even sell the Christmas decorations they don't use anymore. Once, they were selling one of the big christmas trees (it was 20 ft tall! :scared1: ) that was once used at a resort for only $150! So, you will definitely find some bargains, lol!

Dude, I lived in that store. I kid you not, I once got a 12 foot stuffed snake (I don't know why I bought it, it was adorable and called out to me,lol) for 3 dollars.

I got a 2ft hand painted Belle figurine for 25 dollars because there was a scratch behind her tiny ear.

That store is amazing. And the one next door is too, I went to that one to buy bags to use, like over the shoulder ones.

Getting there by bus is easy, I've done it loads of times, you take the Bus as if you're going to MK but get off at the parking lot and walk across the lot to the stores. Easy.

You can bring family to Cast connections although I'm not sure if they have to be a dependant. But they can't go in Property Control (the little trailer one).

You can bring family and friends to cast connection. But they pay the regular markdown price. If you pay you get another 20% off, so if they absolutely need that 20 cents off you can pay for them. As for the one with the damages in it only you can go in. I spend so much money there. I bought picture frames and snowglobes, purses and sunglasses. Sometimes they have those really expensive princess dresses from BBB there and they are $15. I bought some for the girls I babysat for.

To get there by bus you just take the cast bus to the Magic Kingdom and get off at the stop by the Disney University.

If you want to drive there, Drive to the Magic Kingdom toll booth and stay all the way to the right. Show your cast ID at the booth. After you go through go to the right like you are headed toward the Contemporary resort, NOT the parking lot. Drive one that road until you get to the entrance of the Contemporary Resort go past it and keep going. Space mountain will be on your left. Follow until you come to a set of train tracks and a traffic light. Here you merge to the right, You will go past the monorail barn and all the other services buildings and finally Disney University will be on the right and the bus stop will be on the left. You can either pull into the MK lot and park there and walk (but there is a fence separating the employee lot from the cast connection lot) or you can continue to go straight to whatever street the parking lot comes out on and turn left, just follow the road like 1/4 of a mile just to the end of the fence and turn left into the cast connection parking lot.

Many, many pairs of sunglasses for only a $1 or so a pair...camera cases...disney t-shirts for only a few dollars...

Best things I have gotten - Disney Princess dresses (Ariel, Belle, Cindy) for my niece less than $10 each (usually minor, minor issues...like a missing jewel or slightly off seam).

Deluxe Resort Pillows, these things are awesome and fluffy. I got them for $2 a piece...I have like 10 at my house now.

One of my across-the-way neighbors got a flat screen for around $100 (they had to get there really, really early on the day it was taken to Property Control.

Lord knows how many pairs of ears...princess ears, pirate ears, kids ears....lots of ears. Most for only a few bucks.

Going around the holidays is the best. I got lots of halloween decorations and Christmas stuff for really, really cheap.

As far as going on the bus...don't know...I always rode with friends in cars.

I bought many shirts and jackets for me as well as for my family when they came to visit. oh and lanyards for them too! I bought flip flops(my most comfortable pair with minnie on them...they are sadly too thrashed to wear now, they got lots of love!)
oh its a great place to get plush too! i got some to send home to cousins and also some for myself!
autograph books are awesome to get there!
i got those light up drum sticks for my cousins husband who plays the drums and he LOVES using them!
Gosh, i just cant remember everything i got there! i spent lots of money!

Ah, I shouldn't have seen this post, I love shopping, especially when it's a bargain! My mom and I love thrift shopping and what not, so excited. I guess I'll have to keep it in check though if I want to be able to get back home!:rotfl:

Someone is going to have to keep me out of these two places. Otherwise I am going to have absolutley no money left lol Thanks for all the info, guys!

Seriously this makes me very happy. When my family comes down to visit me in November I'm giving them a surprise Christmas since I won't be home until January. I was worrying that it would be super expensive to shower them in Disney presents... now I'm even more excited! I'm right there with the posters above me, someone is going to have to hold me back cause I'm gonna want to get everything!

Looks like prices went up! When I was there sunglasses were $0.25 a pair! We'd go there and literally grab a handful of sunglasses and go pay...we didn't really care what they looked like since they were so cheap and I'd probably lose them soon anyways lol.

Be careful if you work at Magic Kingdom, since it's easy to stop in and "just look around" if you get to work early.

Also if you see something you want get it, since it will not be there next time you go.

Do they sell jewelry at pc? Also, do they ever have Disney movies either in property control or cast connection?

My daughter got an $85 watch for $15. It was one that is full of "diamonds." One was missing. She says, "Apparently Disney thought that was a $70 stone."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter