Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, "Woods" is the new name for "Garden", the rooms are the same though. Mostly they will be in buildings 80 or 85 as the woods views in the Alligator Bayou section are sold as "Woods, 5th Sleeper". They sometimes need to overflow though, so you could be in either - so basically in any building apart from the Royal Room or Preferred Location sections.

Andre
So my reservation is for "Woods View - 5th Sleeper" - that used to mean (with 5th Sleeper) an automatic Alligator Bayou room. Is that still true? If so any idea of what building that would put you in? Or, do the mansions now have a 5th sleeper in them? Thx

So my reservation is for "Woods View - 5th Sleeper" - that used to mean (with 5th Sleeper) an automatic Alligator Bayou room. Is that still true? If so any idea of what building that would put you in? Or, do the mansions now have a 5th sleeper in them? Thx
No- the mansions don't have a 5th sleeper. Those are still only AB rooms and they can be found in all AB buildings. If you want a particular building in AB, you need to put in a request. Our last stay was in a 5th sleeper garden view, which I guess is now called woods view and imo, the view means zilch since you don't have a balcony at most moderates. We were in building 26 and I thought this was a fairly good location since we were not terribly far from the lobby or from the West bus depot which is the first bus stop.

No- the mansions don't have a 5th sleeper. Those are still only AB rooms and they can be found in all AB buildings. If you want a particular building in AB, you need to put in a request. Our last stay was in a 5th sleeper garden view, which I guess is now called woods view and imo, the view means zilch since you don't have a balcony at most moderates. We were in building 26 and I thought this was a fairly good location since we were not terribly far from the lobby or from the West bus depot which is the first bus stop.
You're right, having an upgraded "view" when you don't have a balcony to enjoy it, is basically a money grab. Unfortunately at the time of our booking, the only availability was Woods view. I might try request Bldg 18 (longshot) but 16, 17 and 26 would be good too. That's also what I thought too, only AB section has the 5th sleeper.

You're right, having an upgraded "view" when you don't have a balcony to enjoy it, is basically a money grab. Unfortunately at the time of our booking, the only availability was Woods view. I might try request Bldg 18 (longshot) but 16, 17 and 26 would be good too. That's also what I thought too, only AB section has the 5th sleeper.
I've had that happen before too, gotta just take what's available and those are usually left since they're more money. Keep in mind, building 18 is a preferred building location so unless you paid for a preferred location room, it's likely a waste of a request. Buildings 14, 15, 18 & 27 are all paid for preferred locations. You'd be better off sticking with a request in your booked room category. But you're right, 16, 17 and 26 are also not bad.

I've had that happen before too, gotta just take what's available and those are usually left since they're more money. Keep in mind, building 18 is a preferred building location so unless you paid for a preferred location room, it's likely a waste of a request. Buildings 14, 15, 18 & 27 are all paid for preferred locations. You'd be better off sticking with a request in your booked room category. But you're right, 16, 17 and 26 are also not bad.
In the "good old days" I used to fax (my kids have no idea what that means) my request to the resort about a week before our stay, and usually had positive results, but that was 2015 and prior. No harm in trying, but will probably go for 16 or 17. What is the best way now to put in the request. I didn't see that option on MDE and my reservations.

In the "good old days" I used to fax (my kids have no idea what that means) my request to the resort about a week before our stay, and usually had positive results, but that was 2015 and prior. No harm in trying, but will probably go for 16 or 17. What is the best way now to put in the request. I didn't see that option on MDE and my reservations.
I believe you can call but not sure of the number, I put my room request in using the touring plans site. I'm sure the boards have the room request number pinned somewhere.

So my reservation is for "Woods View - 5th Sleeper" - that used to mean (with 5th Sleeper) an automatic Alligator Bayou room.

Correct, Woods View - 5th Sleeper could basically be in any Alligator Bayou room except for the Preferred buildings (14, 15, 18 ,27). It effectively means a room that faces landscaping (but not overlooking pools/river) rather than the parking lot.

Andre

We are staying at POR in Jan. 2023. We have a woods view room and have it noted on our ressie that we are bringing our dog. I have also ticked the little box in the app for online check-in that a pet room is our top priority. I am curious about what online check-in with your pup in tow looks like...can anyone share their own experience? Is there anything different about checking in when you bring your dog along? Thanks!! :-)

Last edited:
We are staying at POR in Jan. 2023. We have a woods view room and have it noted on our ressie that we are bringing our dog. I have also ticked the little box in the app for online check-in that a pet room is our top priority. I am curious about what online check-in with your pup in low looks like...can anyone share their own experience? Is there anything different about checking in when you bring your dog along? Thanks!! :-)

That's exactly what I did for a client who was bringing their fur baby with them. I also called and asked that they make a notation on the reservation as well. It may have been overkill but I wanted to make sure it was known.

I had never been to Disney World until I was in my early 30’s. I lived in NY and my now wife (who was Florida born and raised and grew up with Disney) said let’s go. We booked Riverside although I think it was called something else at the time. I thought Disney was like a 6 Flags park. When we arrived at the hotel my jaw dropped. I had never seen anything so themed and it was Super Bowl weekend and the parks were empty. I remember dragging my wife on every single ride. It was so empty the cast members would allow us to just stay on the big rides and go again. We went on everything. Then taking the bus back to the resort we were so exhausted but so enthralled by the resort we would walk and eat and get a second wind. Back then the buses were easy, you could send packages back to the resort, and charge everything to your room. I had never seen anything like this. That’s when my love for Disney began. I even remember the coffee machine in the quick serve was the Nescafe ones that mixed a coffee syrup with hot water and we thought it was the best thing ever and so good. Now over 20 years later we go all the time. We haven’t stayed at Port Orleans in a very long time but we go every time to have dinner or something. This resort will always hold a special place in my heart. My poor wife was exhausted but she said she loved seeing me see Disney for the first time. I had beignet’s for the first time then and to this day still go back for them. Love this resort

I had a couple questions about an upcoming stay. My family is bringing their dog. We want to make sure no one enters their room when they leave the dog behind (the dog will run).

Are they still entering for security checks?

And what is housekeep service like? It appears to no longer be daily. Last question - how do you make a room request these days? We booked our rooms online, but I didn't find a place for special requests.

Thank you.

I had a couple questions about an upcoming stay. My family is bringing their dog. We want to make sure no one enters their room when they leave the dog behind (the dog will run).

Are they still entering for security checks?

And what is housekeep service like? It appears to no longer be daily. Last question - how do you make a room request these days? We booked our rooms online, but I didn't find a place for special requests.

Thank you.

Yes they are still doing security checks. Housekeeping is every other day. Security checks are also every other day, on the opposite day of housekeeping.

You make your room request once you do online checkin.

Be sure to mention you are bringing a dog, as I don't believe all buildings are pet friendly.

Are they leaving the dog all day when at the parks?

In regards to the dog, I believe they will be given a special tag that goes on the door letting staff know that a dog is present. I also think if they want housekeeping, they have to be with the dog during that time/scheduled?

Yes they are still doing security checks. Housekeeping is every other day. Security checks are also every other day, on the opposite day of housekeeping.

You make your room request once you do online checkin.

Be sure to mention you are bringing a dog, as I don't believe all buildings are pet friendly.

Are they leaving the dog all day when at the parks?
We are bringing our dog with us in Jan. and it's noted on both my reservation and my early check-in through the app.
We will be leaving our dog while we are at the parks. Coming home in the afternoon for a break and then heading back to the parks in the evening.
I know we can decline housekeeping, but regarding security checks, with a dog in the room: do we schedule those?

Trying to pick our room request for our POR stay coming up in January. We’ll be in a Woods 5th sleeper - didn’t choose preferred view because it looked like these didn’t have the murphy? Either way, looks like we’re locked in at this point because availability for preferred isn’t showing anymore.

We’d prefer fairly easy access to the food court - from the map, it seems 16 would provide that plus easy walking from the parking lot to the room at the end of the day.

Touring Plans shows 16, 17, 26 and others. But then it also shows 39 - looks like a longer walk to the lobby but I guess not because of the bridges across the water?

So if we don’t have a preferred room, what building would you request for a Woods 5th Sleeper for decent access to the lobby and parking lots?

Trying to pick our room request for our POR stay coming up in January. We’ll be in a Woods 5th sleeper - didn’t choose preferred view because it looked like these didn’t have the murphy? Either way, looks like we’re locked in at this point because availability for preferred isn’t showing anymore.

We’d prefer fairly easy access to the food court - from the map, it seems 16 would provide that plus easy walking from the parking lot to the room at the end of the day.

Touring Plans shows 16, 17, 26 and others. But then it also shows 39 - looks like a longer walk to the lobby but I guess not because of the bridges across the water?

So if we don’t have a preferred room, what building would you request for a Woods 5th Sleeper for decent access to the lobby and parking lots?
We had a Woods 5th sleeper in May and were in building 38. It was a fantastic location, close to the bridge to Old Man's Island and a close walk to the north depot. It made a big difference having a room close to the river because it was a direct walk to the food court via the sidewalk along the river, rather than weaving around the buildings that are located away from the river.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter